MTom

Air RB not woth playing anything but germans?

15 minutes ago, Karatekakerlake said:

Ticket bleed goes both ways. Too bad the only Axis only have built two main fighter lines which are armed with cannons. Next point about climbing meta goes also both ways same as overheating. Hispanos are maybe weak but they are on fighters that can stay on you forever so they have more time to compensate for that weakness.

7,92mm MG´s missing armament, 60cannon rounds, fights P-51D-30, F-82 etc now and the K-4 is in that state because otherwise Allies would have Hokkaido 24/7. If the K-4 offends you then the LF mk.9 has to be the bane of existence. Regarding the Airspawning troublemakers dont tell me that the Do335 and 190A´s are troublemakers same as the Ta´s which are countered by griffon spits.

You forgot to add to that list the P-400, P-39. P-63, P-38´s, P-47´s, P-51D-10 (mini D-30), theoretically A-36 also because its a early P-51 with airspawn and optional 10 .50s.

Even if it was lower then the P-47´s still would get an even higher BR then now especially the D-28 since its a mini P-47M. I mean even before the airspawn when the P-47´s were still at 3,3/3,7 they couldnt win so it doesnt have to do with the machinery rather the pilots.

P-400 is undertiered?  It performs worse than the Bf 109F-1 at a higher BR, as do all of the P-39’s.  Bf 109F-4 outperforms the P-63’s and early P-38’s.  P-47D-25 is meh, D-28 is good.  A-36 with gunpods is the same as flying around lugging 2 500lb bombs with you.  Not good.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Karatekakerlake said:

Next point about climbing meta goes also both ways same as overheating.

How does climbing meta go in both ways? Almost no US planes at equal BR can keep up with climb rates of Bf-109s, it used to be F8F and XP-50 before the nerfs but not anymore, somewhat P-63 but only to certain altitude, maybe some of the P-38s and that's it.

And show me a German plane that overheats at 100% after few minutes, most German planes can cooldown overheat just by releasing WEP for few seconds and are totaly fine and playable with AEC, whereas several US and British ones have to drop to 90 or less, and have to use MEC to be competitive.

If the K-4 offends you then the LF mk.9 has to be the bane of existence.

Actually, they are pretty balanced against each other. They have comparable climb rates, one has speed, roll rate and armament, second has turn rate. Nothing imbalanced here. Spitfire is somewhat easier to play for average player, but not that easier because Bf-109 wins in a headon for example.

Regarding the Airspawning troublemakers dont tell me that the Do335 and 190A´s are troublemakers same as the Ta´s which are countered by griffon spits.

Do-335 is not that good of an aircraft, but with its 2km spawn it can weak havoc in the climbing Allied team by rushing in and pushing them down until the rest of the team arrives. Moreover, with that airspawn is objectively superior to F7F which sits at 6.0, so you have to define single-standard applicable for all.

And Ta-152H with airspawn is very capable plane. Countered by Griffons? Sure, when they are 0.7-1.0 higher. Same way Griffons are countered by Me-262.

You forgot to add to that list the P-400, P-39. P-63, P-38´s, P-47´s, P-51D-10 (mini D-30), theoretically A-36 also because its a early P-51 with airspawn and optional 10 .50s.

P-400

comment_gFU8HaVhgE0IHLkfATVqSOQ6sMxtRgzb

That's one of the worst planes in US tree, outclimbed by reserve planes and overheats before it gets to 3km

P-39 somewhat fixes the climb rate but doesn't fix the brick-like handling and turning and rudder authority in dives. Easily countered by Bf-109 F-1,F-2,E-4

P-47s are fine where they are, only D-28 could somewhat go up.

P-51D-10 cannot even be bought for a long time, and only few people have it.

I haven't seen anyone abusing A-36 as a fighter, but if they did, it could go up.

Even if it was lower then the P-47´s still would get an even higher BR then now especially the D-28 since its a mini P-47M. I mean even before the airspawn when the P-47´s were still at 3,3/3,7 they couldnt win so it doesnt have to do with the machinery rather the pilots.

P-47 D-25 and N-15 are obsolete at their BRs, as they cannot join a fight under fair conditions early in the match. They either have to fight at disadvantage or outnumbered. D-25 would be fine where it is and N-15 could even go up if and only if a proper airspawn allowed them to engage Bf-109s at the time they finish their climb to the center of the map.

Edited by Youda008
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
medal

37 minutes ago, Ska_King_Felix said:

P-400 is undertiered?  It performs worse than the Bf 109F-1 at a higher BR, as do all of the P-39’s.  Bf 109F-4 outperforms the P-63’s and early P-38’s.  P-47D-25 is meh, D-28 is good.  A-36 with gunpods is the same as flying around lugging 2 500lb bombs with you.  Not good.

P-400 is the same BR as the F-1 at BR 2.3. Being undertiered goes both ways. You cant just claim that one plane is a worse clubber because if it gets downtiered while the other plane is seemingly fine. P-39´s are faster and more manouverable than anything at their BR and up. P-63´s have more HP are comparable in speed to the F-4 and since you got 3 different versions for all alts you can even chose which alt-band you want to fight.

7 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

And show me a German plane that overheats at 100% after few minutes,

Ta-152C3

7 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

Countered by Griffons? Sure, when they are 0.7-1.0 higher.

Same BR as the Ta-152.

8 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

Same way Griffons are countered by Me-262.

Which have to fight korea jets at the same time...

9 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

Actually, they are pretty balanced against each other. They have comparable climb rates, one has speed, roll rate and armament, second has turn rate. Nothing imbalanced here. Spitfire is somewhat easier to play for average player, but not that easier because Bf-109 wins in a headon for example.

Then why does the K-4 offend you and the LF doesnt? Headons are to be avoided...In general why is it that the US needs special treatment and every nation needs to suck it up? They could climb longer, have more speed, have better manouverability at high speed etc.

11 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

That's one of the worst planes in US tree, outclimbed by reserve planes and overheats before it gets to 3km

If you get outclimbed by a reserve plane you´ve done something wrong.

12 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

P-47 D-25 and N-15 are obsolete at their BRs, as they cannot join a fight under fair conditions early in the match.

How about patience? This game is not about rush B but as you said a bit more thinking has to be involved.

13 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

P-51D-10 cannot even be bought for a long time, and only few people have it.

Doesnt excuse its BR.

14 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

Do-335 is not that good of an aircraft, but with its 2km spawn it can weak havoc in the climbing Allied team by rushing in and pushing them down until the rest of the team arrives.

Dont AFK climb and evade it or even engage it? That thing can only go in straight lines anything else its dead meat.

15 minutes ago, Youda008 said:

How does climbing meta go in both ways? Almost no US planes at equal BR can keep up with climb rates of Bf-109s,

There is only one fighter line that can climb which is the 109. The 190´s also have to climb a considerable time, what about them? Why is there no complaint that every 190 needs an airspawn?

4 minutes ago, Agamemnon2112 said:

I would think an initial air spawn for all fighters of about 3k would fix a lot of this.

I doubt that since it would turn RB even more into AB+ and still then the Allies would get outclimbed or defeated in less than 2minutes because muh groundpound.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

What do you mean with unfair game mechanics? Giving one side the advantage which causes far longer queue times? We had Airspawns for the P-47s which sent them 0.7-1.0 BR higher. Maybe, just maybe the good players were driven away from the Allies because they are fed up of having to carry a team always? Allies, especially the US have the most undertiered planes and yet are incapable of winning. My theory is that most RB pilots who fly Allies are mainly tankers and only grind their planes there for the groundpound ordinance.

Most times when the Allies have one or two competent pilots axis has no chance of winning.

Honestly i dont get it why people complain about the Axis when they have plenty of options to fight them but dont use them. The problem i see mostly with this game mode is that skill isnt rewarded or wanted anymore. The new maps are won by ticketbleed and are honestly badly designed. You cant win by manouvering anymore due to the removal of wing ripping. RB has many problems but the allies machinery isnt one of them.

What allied planes do you currently or have ever flied post-P47 air spawn removal? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

P-400 is fine where it is. P-39N is undertiered, P-39Q is probably ok where it is. P-63's could possibly stand a tiny BR bump. P-38's are honestly fine where they are, except possibly the XP-38 having a lower BR than the tech tree version doesn't make sense. P-47D-25/27 is ok where it is, P-47D-28 should probably be 5.3 or so. P-51D-30 needs to be 5.7, D-10 would have to go up, too. A-36 is actually fine where it is, people that die to it are fools. The A-36 loses most of its engine power once it reaches about 2,500m and has an awful rate of climb, it is only dangerous when it's going fast and is tremendously easy to beat, one or two vertical maneuvers and it's done.

• Confused 4
medal medal medal

Then why does the K-4 offend you and the LF doesnt?

Uhm, maybe because K-4 is 5.3 while LF 9 is 5.7? They should be same BR ... together with P-51D-30, all 3 are mutually balanced.

How about patience? This game is not about rush B but as you said a bit more thinking has to be involved.

It does. If you don't rush, you often find yourself useless in that battle. Which side wins is mostly decided during the first 10 minutes, then it's just hunting down the last afkers and space climbers.

Dont AFK climb and evade it or even engage it?

While evading, you are being pushed down, or at least not climbing ... while the grounspawning enemy fighters are.

There is only one fighter line that can climb which is the 109.

One out of 2, which is 50%, lol

The 190´s also have to climb a considerable time, what about them? Why is there no complaint that every 190 needs an airspawn?

There have been such proposals. And 2 of them already do, together with Ta-152s and Do-335s? Why is it only Germany (with already crapton of great climbing aircrafts) which is allowed to have their slow climbers supported by airspawns??

• Upvote 5
medal

3 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

P-400 is the same BR as the F-1 at BR 2.3. Being undertiered goes both ways. You cant just claim that one plane is a worse clubber because if it gets downtiered while the other plane is seemingly fine. P-39´s are faster and more manouverable than anything at their BR and up. P-63´s have more HP are comparable in speed to the F-4 and since you got 3 different versions for all alts you can even chose which alt-band you want to fight.

P-400's main gun is a Hispano 404: Hit detection not found. F-1's main gun is an MG FF/M grenade launcher.

also, the P-400 has a worse engine than the other cobras

not to mention the P-400 is basically the monkeytank model, while the F-1 is the real McCoy

• Upvote 3
medal

2 hours ago, DaffanZ said:

What allied planes do you currently or have ever flied post-P47 air spawn removal?

Spitfire Mk.9/9c, Mossie, P-47´s, F-82, P-51´s, Corsairs up to the F4U-4 to answer your question.

1 hour ago, Youda008 said:

It does. If you don't rush, you often find yourself useless in that battle. Which side wins is mostly decided during the first 10 minutes, then it's just hunting down the last afkers and space climbers.

No it doesnt. The typical RB match goes as the following: Atleast two guys per side crash at the AF, then we all climb everyone starts a headon or goes lawndarting because try hard, after approx 3-5 mins there are 3-5 guys for each side left after the first engagement that havent lawndarted, went into a headon or climbed to space. Then the interesting part starts. 

While evading, you are being pushed down, or at least not climbing ... while the grounspawning enemy fighters are.

Evading a Do-335 is easy since it cant manouver with you so i evade pick up a little bit of speed during that and continue climbing whats the problem?

There have been such proposals. And 2 of them already do,

Proposals, but not in the game so not important to this discussion. Which 190 besides the A8 gets an airspawn, im curious? As far as i know none of them does and the A8 only gets it because its overtiered as hell.

33 minutes ago, Spindash64 said:

P-400's main gun is a Hispano 404: Hit detection not found. F-1's main gun is an MG FF/M grenade launcher.

also, the P-400 has a worse engine than the other cobras

So we ignore the two .50s, the 4x7mm and that it has more cannonammo than the F-1 and that its faster than any plane below 2,3 bar the HE-100. 

2 hours ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

A-36 is actually fine where it is, people that die to it are fools.

As i mentioned "theoretically" with the headon mentality in mind which is so common in WT these days.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

you know what? sure, maybe the P-400 can move, but I don't see it as better than 2.7 worthy. And it it's 2.7 worthy, the F-1 should be 3.0 at the BARE minimum, if not 3.3

oh, and no, it doesn't have more cannon ammo than the F-1: they literally both have exactly 60 rounds

• Upvote 3
medal

11 minutes ago, Karatekakerlake said:

Which 190 besides the A8 gets an airspawn, im curious? As far as i know none of them does and the A8 only gets it because its overtiered as hell. 

The F-8 at 4.7 has one as well.

medal medal medal

Evading a Do-335 is easy since it cant manouver with you so i evade pick up a little bit of speed during that and continue climbing whats the problem?

Please stop pretending, that Do-335 can't BnZ, the gameplay is exactly same as in Fw-190s, except that this one turns better at low-mid speeds and has super high initial altitude boost.

Maybe give all Fw-190s an airspawn as well, because they can be evaded? Oh and while at it, also to P-47s and P-51s, because those are also easy to evade??

Which 190 besides the A8 gets an airspawn, im curious?

F-8?

As i mentioned "theoretically" with the headon mentality in mind which is so common in WT these days.

Any Bf-109 above the E-1 mops the floor with P-400 easily.

• Upvote 5
medal

17 hours ago, ArhanghelGavriil said:

It's just that allied pilots are usually bad, they do not know how to use their planes. 

Always the same lie. It's not about allied pilots being bad but axis thunder meta rewarding only high climbing planes so any potato can do good with them.
In RB EC when actually skill not climbrate counts there are no more superior teams :yes_yes_yes:

If anyone would ask me I would make germans even easier to fly and win (about 90% will do, 75% not enough), game will die quicker and maybe we get something else from other developer.

• Upvote 4

Please stop pretending, that Do-335 can't BnZ, the gameplay is exactly same as in Fw-190s, except that this one turns better at low-mid speeds and has super high initial altitude boost.

The Do-335 and turning good at low-mid speeds is a good one :) That thing weighs about 11 tons and is only manouverable at high speeds. below that its a sitting duck in a turn. Yes it can BnZ but then it cant rush. You either rush and got no alt or you get alt and dont rush. Oh and btw its also a plane that overheats at 100%.

2 hours ago, Spindash64 said:

the F-1 should be 3.0 at the BARE minimum, if not 3.3

oh, and no, it doesn't have more cannon ammo than the F-1: they literally both have exactly 60 rounds 

The ammo count is my fault i admit that i thought it had 120 maybe i thought of some other plane there and got them mixed up. If the f-1 goes to 3.0 or 3.3 why should i play a plane with low ammo count on a cannon with low muzzle velocity when i can have a F-2 at 3.3 with a MG151 200cnnrds and APi-(c) shells?

2 hours ago, Nanotyrann said:

The F-8 at 4.7 has one as well.

Forgot that one although thats a groundattack version with extra armorplates less armament and in the same pinch as the rest of the 190s below the Doras.

medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Karatekakerlake said:

The ammo count is my fault i admit that i thought it had 120 maybe i thought of some other plane there and got them mixed up. If the f-1 goes to 3.0 or 3.3 why should i play a plane with low ammo count on a cannon with low muzzle velocity when i can have a F-2 at 3.3 with a MG151 200cnnrds and APi-(c) shells?

because the 15mm version of the MG 151 gave away every last bit of its usefulness to turn its 20mm cousin into a WMD, leaving itself as a frikken spitwad launcher

• Upvote 2
medal

I have gotten more reliable kills with the two MG's on the F-1 after running out of MGFF ammo than the 15mm. Unless you hit the engine or pilot it's useless.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, szepol said:

Always the same lie. It's not about allied pilots being bad but axis thunder meta rewarding only high climbing planes so any potato can do good with them.
In RB EC when actually skill not climbrate counts there are no more superior teams :yes_yes_yes:

If anyone would ask me I would make germans even easier to fly and win (about 90% will do, 75% not enough), game will die quicker and maybe we get something else from other developer.

I am biased by default, so....

In RB, players go for headons as babies go for ice cream, with much confidence in the mouse aim precision, and from here all sorts of problems begin :

" my cannons cannot hit blah blah , german cannons OP ! "

- ok, little boy, now try to NOT set convergence range of 600-800 meters and shooting from 2 kilometers, bullets will just spread out and not deliver significant damage.  

- you generally have wing mounted guns, setting such a long convergence means that when i am really close, lets say 300 meters or less, i will be in the empty cone of fire coming from your wing mounted weapons.

- a very small percentage of bullets will hit me. 

Remember, 100  50Cal bullets sprayed on the whole surface of the plane do little to no damage.  100 50Cal bullets all hitting the same spot rips wings, opens bombers in half. it is the difference of a lot of small holes against 1 very big hole !

a very high percentage of engagements i get in RB goes like this : 
Phase 1 Allied player moves his mouse all over the place while looking for enemy and he spots me, maybe 1 km above him,  ( i am at 6000 meters, he is at 5000 )

Phase 2: Allied player ( also axis players here do the same, but with a small advantage, to be told later ) does a vertical / horizontal reversal, points his crate at me, and starts to shoot.

In this phase allied player burned his energy in the reversal, and it's slowing down further while climbing at me, mouse and index finger happy.

Phase 3: After i apply small rudder and aileron correction ( with joystick you can do wide / slow barrel rolls ) and before i merge with him i go for a chandelle, trying to set my plane in such a way to be as perpendicular to his plane of motion, so i stay inside the empty cone of wing mounted weaponry.

Phase 3 : Allied pilot prophangs himself at low speed, or points his nose down, anyway game over.

The problem comes from the trust they will hit from 1 km or earlier, that is negated by small , energy efficient maneouvers, so now the allied pilot has to accelerate back to high speed, but it takes so much time to do it.

Allied player should have gained more speed in a shallow dive, at Phase 2, and once he gained the speed advantage and opened enough separation, do the reversal. KEEP THAT DAMN SPEED, if the plane you are piloting is not capable of outclimbing me.

Allied, more specifically, American pilots need to learn the doctrine of energy fight.

You want to do ground strikes ? fine, but do not rush to the center of map as fast as you can, go wide, get altitude, do high speed ground attack and retreat. Save that poor virtual pilot !

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

You can have success with allied planes, but requires more early-game effort on behalf of the entire team. It's not that US planes are bad or overtiered, but the way the maps are designed where they funnel both teams right into each other, and have large areas of the map that may as well not exist because no one flies there.

Placing airfields differently, spreading out bomb points/ground units, diversifying ground units, and having different objectives for both sides since attackers and bombers tend to have a sway in where fighters like to go being the bullet magnets they are. Instead of a tight cluster of planes towards the middle of the map, the game would be better off if aircraft were more spread out, especially for allied teams as it would give them time to get up to the high altitudes required for their plane to excel at.

I've always judged how good or bad an aircraft is not by how fast it can go or how much firepower it has, but by how it reaches high speed, and more importantly, how it handles at all speeds. That's why I don't like to fly my P-51D's anymore, because the rudder issues make high speed aiming extremely difficult. The same goes for the 109K-4; yeah it can go fast, but it stiffens up like molasses in winter at those speeds. The P-47 is superior to the P-51D for that matter, and the G-2 is superior to the K-4; speed is worth nothing if you cannot reliably bring your guns on target. Running away doesn't win fights, either, and there's only so much room to dive before you run out of altitude.

That's why planes like the Hunter excel when there's someone else to take the bait, but are absolutely worthless in a 1v1; it's a similar concept, but easier to see.(that's where the comparisons end, though, as jets are different in how they play.)

On the player side, there is still the ever-present issue that if you want to play bombers and attackers, US and British are the most obvious choices. Axis bombers are generally worthless with two exceptions: the He-177, and the Ju-288. Japanese and Italian bombers are worthless outside of their torpedo capabilities. Attackers are often told to just shove off and go play ground RB, but the problem with that is ground RB is inefficient for attackers as far as RP and SL, especially when it comes to rockets and small bombs. Only attackers with high penetrating HEAT rockets, large bombs of at least 1,000lbs/500kgs, or very punchy guns can really do anything in ground RB, but there are plenty of easy targets for HVAR's and 20mm's in air RB to farm.

Naturally, those wanting to go after ground targets will be more prone to flying US planes strapped with bombs and rockets, and when they see how easy it is to get consistent SL and RP compared to the long learning curve that US fighters present before them, they have little reason to change their ways. Take off, go smash some ground targets, die or land, and enter another match. It's quick, consistent, efficient, and easy. In fact, it is the best way to grind through an air tree if the option is available. Using the plane as an actual fighter is always a gamble; sometimes you will get nothing, sometimes you will trade, sometimes you will find success. Why take a gamble when there are consistent options? Why work harder?

But, the Germans also have good attackers as well. The Hs.129's are solid, albeit extremely slow, and the Me-410B6/R3 is even better, so why aren't there more flying them? Why aren't the axis teams suffering from such spam? Is it because they're just "better?" Of course not.

The answer goes back to one of my earlier suggestions, and it has to do with the lack of diversity in ground units. Allies have it very easy as far as attackers go, with static light pillboxes that can be easily killed with a solid burst of .50's. Axis, conversely, has to deal with moving tanks. This used to not be a problem, until the DM's of AI tanks were refined in a way that makes them immune to most cannon-CAS from the front. This means that slow Hs.129 has to crawl its way all the way around to their sides, but even then, it can only kill them with turret shots. But wait! There's more! The Mk103 cannon has been nerfed over time from outcries of tank-only players, and is now so inaccurate that you practically have to get into melee range to hit anything with it...you can see where this is going. Playing Axis attackers is possible, but nowhere near as efficient and consistent as allied attackers.

That is why I suggest a diversification of ground units for both sides; you will have more bombers and attackers on axis teams, evening out the playing field rather than 4 allied fighters vs 8 axis fighters. Spreading out these ground targets will also make playing said attackers more strategic, and will affect how fighters direct their flight paths if they want to intercept them and bombers for the easy kills that they are. Instead of just yelling at the players to stop diving on that one bomber, my approach is more to play in tune with this nature that way people can continue to play how they want without adversely affecting their team as much.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

What Lahgtah said is also true. RB maps are very crowded, on the ground. By the time i get at high altitude in my FW A1, the match is often almost decided. If my axis team takes too long to get to the center of the map, the allied team just burns all our tickets in an area that it's maybe 1/10 of the whole map.

I like what has been implemented in Simulator EC : you get multiple ground battles at the same time in different parts of the map, so attackers have an easier life because you cannot just go camping over 1 spot waiting to dive on the CAS planes, they get the job done, get their rewards and bring the plane home, or going to intercept bombers on the same routes over and over again, because bases spawn at random locations.  

Of course, we get attracted to small furballs, but there is more room to have 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / 1v2 / 2v3 / battles for the fighters, without being worry that while you are fighting at lower altitudes, the whole enemy team  is camping at 5km above you.

You can get the heavy and fast planes up to altitude without having to waste 15 minutes to get there only to receive the message that the battle is over.

But on the other side of the medal, you can have a good/coordinated team, just swarming the map and picking up all the other players in 1v4 or 2v4 scenarios, because the players are so spread out.

5 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

Forgot that one although thats a groundattack version with extra armorplates less armament and in the same pinch as the rest of the 190s below the Doras.

It has da McBoost.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

The Do-335 and turning good at low-mid speeds is a good one :) That thing weighs about 11 tons and is only manouverable at high speeds. below that its a sitting duck in a turn.

It is turning better than Fw-190s. What a suprise, isn't it? But you will never find out, because you live in your world of conformation bias that Do can't maneuver.

Spoiler

Yes it can BnZ but then it cant rush.

You can rush-climb with suboptimal angle/speed, because you have 2km starting advantage, so you can start BnZ sooner than anyone else in your team.

Spoiler

Oh and btw its also a plane that overheats at 100%.

Yes, after like 30 minutes when the battle is mostly over. And it doesn't have to spend this time sideclimbing like P-51s do.

• Upvote 4
medal

It is turning better than Fw-190s. What a suprise, isn't it? But you will never find out, because you live in your world of conformation bias that Do can't maneuver.

So do you. Sorry to bust your bubble there but if the enemy is constantly engaging scissors with a better rolling aircraft and doesnt come up with something else then thats a pilots mistake. Yes it can turn for one maybe two turns then it has no energy left...after the first engagement the corsair could´ve pulled up full flaps and pull a hammerhead on the Do

You can rush-climb with suboptimal angle/speed, because you have 2km starting advantage, so you can start BnZ sooner than anyone else in your team.

Ignoring the Yak-3 and the P-47 that were at Co-alt but busy engaging a bomber?  Killing an AFK-climber to prove a point...

Yes, after like 30 minutes when the battle is mostly over. And it doesn't have to spend this time sideclimbing like P-51s do.

After 2 minutes on a cold map.

Furthermore i agree what both Lahgtah and ArhanghelGavriil said.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

So do you. Sorry to bust your bubble there but if the enemy is constantly engaging scissors with a better rolling aircraft and doesnt come up with something else then thats a pilots mistake. Yes it can turn for one maybe two turns then it has no energy left...after the first engagement the corsair could´ve pulled up full flaps and pull a hammerhead on the Do

Ignoring the Yak-3 and the P-47 that were at Co-alt but busy engaging a bomber?  Killing an AFK-climber to prove a point...

You're cherrypicking things that weren't even the main point, and you're even doing it wrong.

The point of the first video was that Do is maneuverable enough to do its job, not too good, but not horrible. Yes a Corsair is more maneuverable than Do-335 and yes he did it wrong, but if the Do was the turning bus you're trying to make it look like, all of this wouldn't be possible at all. Every boom&zoomer is easy to evade if you see it early enough, are we going to give them all airspawns because evading is not fair? Argument lvl "Astragoon". Do-335 is capable boom&zoomer, at least equally capable to Fw-190s and even more capable than Ta-152C.

Point of the second was that when climbing at 300 - 350 km/h, you can reach enemy climbers very early, much earlier than the rest of your team and BnZ them before they are even in spotting range, which is by definition a "rush". That Yak and P-47 were co-alt after i dived 2 km down, lmao

Edited by Youda008
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal