MTom

Air RB not woth playing anything but germans?

So how almost every air RB goes as US or British pilot?

Climbing just to find every german is above us, we try to stay alive until we bait them down. Sometimes it works.

If i happen to have an advanrage on them somehow and start an attack they immidiatley turn to me and force a headon which they win 90% of the times because of their nose mounted guns. So even if i attack them i need to evade :-/

Seems more like aur unrealistic battles to me.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

Go to the side and spend your time climbing (takes 5-10 minutes to get to good altitude relative to the altitude the highest enemy player is at) then use boom and zoom tactics.

If you can't keep looking at yourself while climbing, press alt+tab and watch a youtube video meanwhile :) 

As you do this you will learn more about the enemy's climb paths on every map. If you side climb and find yourself in a swarm of enemies later on, don't give up, it means you chose the wrong side to climb to so next time if you get the same map, pick the other direction.

Watch this video. Old but gold ;) 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

The tdm meta benifets the germans faaaarrr to much 

Not only that, while your fat plane is busy climbing and worrying about fighters there bombers will have a field day on your bases and ground forces

America is hard mode, you have to do too much compared to your contemporaries in order to stay competitive

Edited by glock991
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

Go to the side and spend your time climbing (takes 5-10 minutes to get to good altitude relative to the altitude the highest enemy player is at) then use boom and zoom tactics.

If you can't keep looking at yourself while climbing, press alt+tab and watch a youtube video meanwhile :) 

As you do this you will learn more about the enemy's climb paths on every map. If you side climb and find yourself in a swarm of enemies later on, don't give up, it means you chose the wrong side to climb to so next time if you get the same map, pick the other direction.

Watch this video. Old but gold ;) 

Sounds good on paper..climb to the side, so you can be on level with the ....full enemy team because your team is almost fully dead by that time..then you will face not only 1-2 german planes who wants to head on attack you but all of them.

And since every fkin FW and Bf can catch my Sea Fury somehow...i don't know what's thepoint any more...they climb better, they have better armament, and somehow they are faster than the fastest prop plane on the world.

Edited by MTom
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, MTom said:

and somehow they are faster than the fastest prop plane on the world.

For one thing, Sea Fury is running peace time settings at the moment

also, even with war settings, it's not the fastest: that would be the P-51H, overall, with the 335B-2 edging out slightly at very high altitudes

• Upvote 1
medal

29 minutes ago, MTom said:

and somehow they are faster than the fastest prop plane on the world.

If you notice some bandit diving at you only 1km away, its already too late. He could build speed way before you noticed him. 

Dont let anybody to sneak nearrier than 5km. At 3km mark you need to be allready taking action to counter threat.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

If you notice some bandit diving at you only 1km away, its already too late. He could build speed way before you noticed him. 

Dont let anybody to sneak nearrier than 5km. At 3km mark you need to be allready taking action to counter threat.

Nope i meant level flight.

But tbh the main problem i saw is the allies always all around the map, while the germans coming in a big swarm.

Honestly it doesn't really matter, just had another battle, i had alt advantage on a few germans as soon i got near them they faced me and started spraying, so i had to evade even tho i attacked them.

Edited by MTom
medal medal medal

Germans stick together because they can take off point nose to centre of map and still have alt advantage. The allies need to side climb but half team goes straight for centre and apart from 2-3 who side climb everybody else is ground pounding or bombing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTom said:

So how almost every air RB goes as US or British pilot?

Climbing just to find every german is above us, we try to stay alive until we bait them down. Sometimes it works.

If i happen to have an advanrage on them somehow and start an attack they immidiatley turn to me and force a headon which they win 90% of the times because of their nose mounted guns. So even if i attack them i need to evade :-/

Seems more like aur unrealistic battles to me.

thats what we get when germany gets BF109s that has 20mm cannons, more ammo better climb and better turnrate than US or Soviets or britts.

• Like 1
medal

1 hour ago, Turra said:

thats what we get when germany gets BF109s that has 20mm cannons, more ammo better climb and better turnrate than US or Soviets or britts.

Dont spread lies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Turra said:

That is quite false, as America usually have 2 to 3 times more ammo than german cannons, and most turn better than germans.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

6 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

Dont spread lies.

It doesn't have a better turn rate than the latter two, but the F-1+ is definitely more agile than it looks right now. Its a poor turner, but thanks to a big engine in a small plane, it has enough acceleration that it can bleed more speed in a turn and still get it back than what US planes can manage. It has a much more dangerous gun than most russian planes atm, and arguably better firepower than the brits, the MG 151 is just that insane

medal

17 hours ago, Spindash64 said:

It doesn't have a better turn rate than the latter two, but the F-1+ is definitely more agile than it looks right now. Its a poor turner, but thanks to a big engine in a small plane, it has enough acceleration that it can bleed more speed in a turn and still get it back than what US planes can manage. It has a much more dangerous gun than most russian planes atm, and arguably better firepower than the brits, the MG 151 is just that insane

I’ve beaten K-4’s in sustained dogfights at low speeds in the P-47D-28 and P-38J/L.  It’s really just a matter of flaps/throttle usage, as 109’s have some of the worst flaps in game and U.S. planes have some really nice ones.  190’s turn like bricks with flaps or without, so you can maneuver with them without flaps.  Of course, not recommending you try this, but if you get caught in a 1v1 against the last fighter alive, it’s worth a try.

On another note, MG151 are pretty much the best guns in the game.  They’re absolutely OP.

The way battles, maps and spawns work need a serious change and balance.

Right now it's simply just crap to play allies, Germans/italians/japanese just have all the best tools.

So unless you plan to solo climb hard in something like a Tempest and get one or 2 kills if you get lucky before being swarmed on and lose match because enemy premium bombers already carpet bombed everything.

I guess Gaijin will wise the F up once everyone plays Germans and not enough matchmaking happens, or waiting times for games take forever.

Edited by xXElemarXx
  • Like 2
medal

18 hours ago, DaGreenBolt said:

That is quite false, as America usually have 2 to 3 times more ammo than german cannons, and most turn better than germans.

Turnrate and the shiniest guns in the world are complete nonfactors when allied team is on low alt and completely fractured, and german teams simply BZ them to death.

Edited by xXElemarXx
  • Upvote 1
medal

14 minutes ago, xXElemarXx said:

Turnrate and the shiniest guns in the world are complete nonfactors when allied team is on low alt and completely fractured, and german teams simply BZ them to death.

Tell this to A6M, Yak and Spitfire pilots

Edited by BrassWolf
  • Upvote 2

Spitfires are more than a match for any fighter they face, and will outclimb pretty much anything short of jets

really the problem with the British is that they get paired up with the Americans, which always bring along a few useless bombers that do nothing but drag the team down

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, i_ivanof said:

Spitfires are more than a match for any fighter they face, and will outclimb pretty much anything short of jets

Still wrong. Spitfires lost climbing abillities with theyr thermodynamics adjustment. And yet they can utilise theyr turning abillity to render bnz'ing 109 useless. 

Its just after most allied pilots cant deal with anything co alt not to mention better climbers

Edited by BrassWolf
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BrassWolf said:

. And yet they can utilise theyr turning abillity to render bnz'ing 109 useless. 

Complete BS.

If you BZ correctly it doesn't matter if your opponent turns faster, since you just engage and disengage at will with superior energy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

55 minutes ago, xXElemarXx said:

Complete BS.

If you BZ correctly it doesn't matter if your opponent turns faster, since you just engage and disengage at will with superior energy.

Really? So why Zeros are so feared ingame? Alongside with Chaikas, Yaks and etc?

Edited by BrassWolf
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrassWolf said:

Really? So why Zeros are so feared ingame? Alongside with Chaikas, Yaks and etc?

Because people go against them and try turnfighting them when they shouldnt ? 

I guarantee that an efficient BZoomer will set ablaze any of those planes down, and you probably know this well enough yourself.

Edited by xXElemarXx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

P-36G

F4U-1A

P-39N

P-63A-5

P-63A-10

P-63C-5

P-47D-28

P-51D-30

F4U-4B

*XP-38

*XP-55

*P-51D-20

*P-47M

That's my list of American planes to fly if you want to do well flying USA without having to go full try-hard.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Yea Im prettymuch done with allies as an easygoing source of income. Godknows how much I tried.

I'll follow the mindless flock and stick with germans.

Edited by xXElemarXx
medal

1 hour ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

P-36G

F4U-1A

P-39N

P-63A-5

P-63A-10

P-63C-5

P-47D-28

P-51D-30

F4U-4B

*XP-38

*XP-55

*P-51D-20

*P-47M

That's my list of American planes to fly if you want to do well flying USA without having to go full try-hard.

Don’t forget the F2A-1.  Insane turn rate rivaling that of a Chaika, can climb near vertically, and has 3 .50’s and a .30.

• Like 2