MTom

7.7-8.0 is unplayable right now, because of the unbalanced addition of all the fast vehicles.

5 hours ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Seems like other than being completely stubborn you are also blind. carry on denying the evidence man. Seriously and you expect me to trust you on assigning BR's of vehicles when your dishonesty is so blatant? Please.

I just hit the exact same spot of your video and had you aimed just a pixel upwards, you would've actually hit the ammo. However, since you need the narrative that APHE in low tiers has got it's own problems with one singular video of you using APHE against side armor that won't trigger the fuse, you don't realize the benefits of APHE is that it doesn't need to hit ammo in the first place to kill a tank or snipe crewmembers out.

Why should anybody trust you with current BRs when you don't understand the basics?

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, FalseDead said:

One thing that certainly would improve the situation would be every tank post 1945 gets to spot. Because one of the big problems with the fast vehicles is that they fire from unexpected positions and decimate you from fairly obscure locations. Now how to balance Light tanks after that? Who knows

Ah, somebody understood the relevance of that too! 

I would give all other vehicles a spotting ability with higher cooldown and less rewards. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, lVrizl said:

Why should anybody trust you with current BRs when you don't understand the basics?

It's ok, I don't expect someone with that profile picture to understand anything. My fault I even began this discussion.

• Haha 2
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

It's ok, I don't expect someone with that profile picture to understand anything. My fault I even began this discussion.

Oof, attacking my 5 year old joke of a communist party picture. Scathing even :my_precious:

Definitely worth the low-brow attack considering your arguments boils down to:

"You just want the 7.7 Centauro to get uptiered after you had your fun with it! Why not give everyone else a chance to abuse this tank before it gets nerfed?"

((Ignoring the crucial aspect that it's an undertiered tank, heavily outclasses other 7.0+ tanks and deserves to face tanks just as capable in some aspects to it or all of it's advantages the higher BR we go. Especially the Centauro ROMOR being a good example of a mediocre tank at it's current BR of 9.3))

"I'm qualified to speak on these tanks and their balance!"

((Ignoring the fact you said this))

On 22/01/2019 at 15:39, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Which part of this did you not understand: "if it has better performance why is that an issue"?

((Alongside having very minimal exposure to Top Tier, despite how "easy" it is to snipe, you omit much of the rounds. especially APDS, routinely fail to either penetrate or deal damage worthwhile compared rounds like APHE))

"APHE has it's own problems in low tier too!"

((Ignoring the fact APHE doesn't need to aim at critical components like ammo to be deadly as the explosive fragmentation does all the work as the only thing you have to worry about is if the round penetrates armor unlike APDS, APFSDS, HEAT-FS and so on))

"Feels like I'm talking to a wall!"

((Keeps replying anyway as points of the discussion, especially on the Centauro, had been addressed and purposefully ignored either to outright ignorance or a skewed perspective thanks to the low exposure to Top Tier))

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/01/2019 at 11:33, SnipersTouch said:

Gaijin doesn't care dude

Pretty much this. Look at how long top tier has been broken, they don't care. They can milk money off people dropping GE on their AH-1Z (cause it definitely needed a2a missiles amiright?), milk money off talismans for Centauro for months before bug fixing and then increasing it's repair cost to 20-30k to...keep people grinding to make sl.

Unfortunately, war thunder has no respect for players and refuses to attempt any other logical method of making money other than through pain suffering and broken brs/broken vehicles. 

On 22/01/2019 at 00:58, Stathem said:

Exactly.  This, all day long

Anyone who claims this....has never played top Tier. Everything good "isn't given to the axis." Look at how Jumbo dominates when its top tier, look at top tier US win rate.

Logically in post ww2 br's the US should be teamed up with anyone, while it doesn't address the underlying broken top tier line up of the US it at least spreads out the suffering. Which is the main reason I ground out Japan. 

Quite frankly what the Italians do is illustrate how absolutely garbage the British tree is from 5.0?  There are so many armored cars and AFVs/crvs/IFVs that could be added that aren't, the FV101 Scorpion was passed into consideration over a year ago... 

Vietnam...well, I can't even imagine the justification for wasting development time to place the path to ridge sniping spots, but it highlights everything wrong with gaijin map design. On top of that, you have invisible trees that eat heat fs rounds and get you killed, broken tree falling animations so you can't see anything after hitting an invisible tree, fps drops reported by some.

Capture points are just an insult to the game, you don't get points if you decap (while being in the cap) and you only get points when you cap, and since kills reward more rp/sl if you're an actual objective oriented player, playing the objective, you often get shafted for trying to play it and dying at caps before they're capped.

I get Orthodox Russians don't have Christmas until January 7th, but judging from all the youtube videos being released they're off holiday and haven't said a word about the current state of the game, which is a clear sign of lack of respect. It's unfortunate since War Thunder is my longest played game, having been playing it since 2013, and definitely the one I've spent the most on, but like WoWS the time to cut ties with it might be coming up.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Dalriaden said:

I get Orthodox Russians don't have Christmas until January 7th, but judging from all the youtube videos being released they're off holiday and haven't said a word about the current state of the game, which is a clear sign of lack of respect

That's how Gaijin works they lay low and hope the storm is gone then bring another broken, unbalanced crap so players start addressing that problem so the current one can be swooped under the carpet 

• Confused 2
medal medal medal

On 26/01/2019 at 09:59, FalseDead said:

One thing that certainly would improve the situation would be every tank post 1945 gets to spot. Because one of the big problems with the fast vehicles is that they fire from unexpected positions and decimate you from fairly obscure locations. Now how to balance Light tanks after that? Who knows

This is the crux of the situation. Not so much that we have ever faster tanks in the game, it’s the environment that they are operating on. A Centauro fighting in the streets of war torn Berlin? A little off. These vehicles should be on different types of maps. 

When a vehicle like the Centauro can make its way from their south spawn (Berlin), all the way north along the western flank, and be camped, along the row of buildings next to the Spree river, before, the other team can even get to that point, is an issue.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 23/01/2019 at 17:25, LandKreuzer_89 said:

I don't know why people keep demanding it gets hullbreak. It's the problem with WT players that if something is fast it must be able to hullbreak. If you look at the difference between the Cent and all those other vehicles it is actually better armored and while those vehicles have their armor made of Aluminium (much weaker) while the Cent has RHA which is higher than the HB threshold. Saying that it needs HB just because its fast and mobile is an absurdity. 

THE MODEL IS BUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

How thick can a person get, damn.

The 7.0-8.0 US is still unplayable, when we face German/Russian/Italian teams...200 meters from the spawn Centauros taking out 1/3 of the team, we kill them and then we face the IS7s, and the Leo A1A1s..this tier is totally unbalanced

Edited by MTom
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MTom said:

The 7.0-8.0 US is still unplayable, when we face German/Russian/Italian teams...200 meters from the spawn Centauros taking out 1/3 of the team, we kill them and then we face the IS7s, and the Leo A1A1s..this tier is totally unbalanced

I have seen none of this. The issues they are having has nothing to do with Centauros, it's more a combination of things like bad MM, bad players and bad balance. I have recently played the M46 and had to stop playing it as I lost around 10 battles in a row in one day (I had 55% WR the day before that), well none of those defeats could be attributed to Centauros dominating the battlefield. As TS shows the Cent is nowhere near the terrible monster people claim it to be, it's stats are just barely better than some other 7.7's (and still going down) which are considered balanced. Now at 8.0 we can expect them to go  down even more. 

• Haha 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

As TS shows the Cent is nowhere near the terrible monster people claim it to be, it's stats are just barely better than some other 7.7's (and still going down) 

Oh so we're taking into account the Centauro stats instead of waiting a couple more weeks for stats to reflect it's current 8.0 now?

Centauro's TS stats are significantly better than the STB-1 overall and vastly better than something like the Leo1, the M48, the M60 and even on it's own OF-40

But please continue on

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lVrizl said:

Oh so we're taking into account the Centauro stats instead of waiting a couple more weeks for stats to reflect it's current 8.0 now?

The "wait a few more weeks" was referred to the Cent stats that were going to go down regardless of it being 7.7 or 8.0, and as I predicted this is what's happening. It's rather easy to predict at 8.0 they will be even lower.

1 hour ago, lVrizl said:

Centauro's TS stats are significantly better than the STB-1 overall and vastly better than something like the Leo1, the M48, the M60 and even on it's own OF-40

While the STB is still performing as it was a few weeks ago the Centauro lost over 1.5% in WR and it had 1.97 K/D and now it has 1.88, and it's still going down. Also things like M48, M60 are barely being played meanwhile Centauro has been spammed being the FoM vehicle. 

2 hours ago, Neokolzia said:

if your trying to use a conventional tank at 7.7 like a Late tier US tank they will suffer a good bit.

The difference is made by MM and whoever gets soviets on their team. Leo isn't better that other 7.7's nor is it worse, it's balanced just like US 7.7's. Playing US/UK or Ger at those 7.0-7.7 you are dependent on MM, either you get FR and SU on your team and win easily or you fight against them and most likely lose (especially Ger which suffers the most alone). The only ones that have a distinct advantage are Centauro and STB which have a stabilizer and their stats are very similar. So either they both go to 8.0 or this is double standard (same goes for the T-54 (47) which is overperforming more than the Cent according to TS).

Edited by LandKreuzer_89
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal

Rebalancing 7.7 

T-64E  

t64e.jpg.b8fd3674c60a0117a532c0aff4a304aT-64E.jpg.e83074985f4443ef49010bc6a957e9

Edited by kobra2123
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
medal

It is reasons like this that cause so many players to quit the game.  Player retention is a huge problem for this game ... there's a constant influx of new players, but it loses them just as fast as it gains new ones.  All games have player attrition, but War Thunder's attrition is self-inflicted, not lack of interest by the player as usually happens in many online games.  Of the more than a dozen people I know that quit playing this game all did for the same reason: frustration from poor matchmaking/grind/pay-to-win.  The thread embodies all of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gaijin is knocked off its high horse in the next couple of years by an unforeseen competitor.

Edited by Caelib
medal medal medal medal

i would say 7.7 is more balanced then 8.0 :P im playing 8.0-8.3 china atm, and im getting uptired to 9.0 and all XM1s all the time :P 

On 07/03/2019 at 22:59, aBrumz_suFFers said:

The "wait a few more weeks" was referred to the Cent stats that were going to go down regardless of it being 7.7 or 8.0, and as I predicted this is what's happening. It's rather easy to predict at 8.0 they will be even lower.

While the STB is still performing as it was a few weeks ago the Centauro lost over 1.5% in WR and it had 1.97 K/D and now it has 1.88, and it's still going down. Also things like M48, M60 are barely being played meanwhile Centauro has been spammed being the FoM vehicle. 

The difference is made by MM and whoever gets soviets on their team. Leo isn't better that other 7.7's nor is it worse, it's balanced just like US 7.7's. Playing US/UK or Ger at those 7.0-7.7 you are dependent on MM, either you get FR and SU on your team and win easily or you fight against them and most likely lose (especially Ger which suffers the most alone). The only ones that have a distinct advantage are Centauro and STB which have a stabilizer and their stats are very similar. So either they both go to 8.0 or this is double standard (same goes for the T-54 (47) which is overperforming more than the Cent according to TS).

The Centauro is getting sucked up in 9.0, so dont know what you yelling about. every 8.0+ tank is. u may rare times get to be max tier. but not much. 

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Player_unknown said:

i would say 7.7 is more balanced then 8.0 :P im playing 8.0-8.3 china atm, and im getting uptired to 9.0 and all XM1s all the time :P 

The Centauro is getting sucked up in 9.0, so dont know what you yelling about. every 8.0+ tank is. u may rare times get to be max tier. but not much. 

Source?  The AUBL needs to be 8.3 now too ... maybe 8.7.

medal medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, Caelib said:

Source?  The AUBL needs to be 8.3 now too ... maybe 8.7.

what you want? basic math when XM1s having almost 30k battles. nearly dobble of number 2 wich is M1A1... with that many 9.0s battles, when they dont get sucked up in 10.3 anymore, they will suck everything up in 9.0... pretty normal math, i do agree that all those AUBL also need some BR rework, they sit and camp everywere

medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/11/2019 at 14:27, Player_unknown said:

That's the same thing for every vehicle. You play 7.7 and get 8.7 all the time, you play 6.7 and get 7.7 whole day and so on. Not a big deal.

medal medal medal

On 22/01/2019 at 21:52, aBrumz_suFFers said:

So what if it's better? The STB at 7.7 has been a lot better than the others for years and why hasn't it gone up then? It's the best 7.7 (which is subjective) but it's not op. Every BR has a best vehicle and it's totally normal. 

Seriously now, having a laser rangefinder is that much of an advantage? Let's be serious.

Object 120 is best 7.7 

• Confused 1

On 25/11/2019 at 18:04, SasquatchFox360 said:

Object 120 is best 7.7 

I agree with that but most people think it is over powered. I still honestly use it at 8.7 but the success rate is a hit and miss because of the 10 second reload and no stabilizer. It all depends on the positioning of the enemy team, the support from the team, luck and skill. I've had very good matches with it and also very bad matches. It can one shot most vintage tanks with heavy armor or even the modern MBT's but that doesn't mean it should be at 10.0. I think it is good where it is but I mostly play it at 8.7 and it has a 50-50 success rate for me. Feels the same even at 7.7.

• Haha 1
medal medal