schmerzmeister

This game is fundamentally flawed?

3 hours ago, Arium said:

I'm sorry to say, but I'm calling you out. Your stats does not reflect what you're stating. You're average kill rate with vehicles per battle is just too low in Arcade for such a statement. I found some replays between December and September, which were your last 10 Arcade Tank (skipped Ship) matches, and by the looks of your position in the team, I sincerely doubt 11-13 kills have been made in any of those. Maybe in most of those games together. I don't like when claims without backup is put into discussions, especially with what most likely is false information.

Feel free to continue playing Realistic if you so prefer, but do not throw dirt on Arcade because you dont like it or isn't good at it. It's far from a mindless game mode. This comes from someone who actually do 11-13 in many cases, especially when it's warbond time at 5.3, but also at other BR's occasionally. Trust me, people can be really bad in Arcade and they would probably be bad in Realistic too.

I did not said it happens every time I join Arcade game but, it did happen.  And I am not seriously talking about Arcade players or the mode itself.  It's just too boring for me.

medal medal medal medal

Your first mistake is to play arcade, switch to realistic battles as  soon as you can. Trust me after a period of short struggle you will never return back to arcade. British Tech tree is one of the hardest to play trough even tough you are allied with the Us most of the time.

The brits in Hightier  RBhave some really good sniping tanks with strong turrets but weaker hull making them ideal for the job. Altough thats a preference of play style since you dont have much choice than to Hulldown and snipe. Map and Tank knowledge,  know who you are fighting against go to your hangar and watch their weakspots and try to recognize those tanks. Explore the maps, most maps have predictable flanking patterns check these areas you are getting hit from.

In my own experience German Tech tree was the easiest to grind. So if you are thinking about switching i would suggest the germans for you.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

thats were you are wrong :lol2:

Speak for yourself, for a new player itis easy to get used to RB pretty fast but for someone like you who has close to 3.5k games on AB i dont think there is turning back.

medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Ikanza said:

Speak for yourself, for a new player itis easy to get used to RB pretty fast but for someone like you who has close to 3.5k games on AB i dont think there is turning back.

Well...i tried RB, i ACTUALLY LIKED IT A LOT...but i had to go back to AB...at least for now...

TWO simple reasons...

RB increases the gap between PS4 and PC players (on tanks...as PS4 loses target lock...and PC loses nothing)...quick draw situations become a bit "annoying" as PC player is almost always faster

It takes more concentration (i.e. time)...while AB is more plug-and-play

(And an extra one...which MAY BE L2P...i still think i am spotted much more than i understand...too many shots from tanks i cannot see...not the majority of shots...but enough to annoy)

I still PREFER RB...but i play much more AB...dumb ME i guess...but it is possible to be drawn back to AB after RB...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, *GhostSoph said:

Well...i tried RB, i ACTUALLY LIKED IT A LOT...but i had to go back to AB...at least for now...

TWO simple reasons...

RB increases the gap between PS4 and PC players (on tanks...as PS4 loses target lock...and PC loses nothing)...quick draw situations become a bit "annoying" as PC player is almost always faster

It takes more concentration (i.e. time)...while AB is more plug-and-play

(And an extra one...which MAY BE L2P...i still think i am spotted much more than i understand...too many shots from tanks i cannot see...not the majority of shots...but enough to annoy)

I still PREFER RB...but i play much more AB...dumb ME i guess...but it is possible to be drawn back to AB after RB...

There's also the chance that sometimes you're getting shot by someone who has ultra-low graphics set up on their PC which removes a lot of the foliage which you might see. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well to me it makes more sense to learn how the game works by playing AB since the most important skill is gunnery skills and range finding. by playing AB you start to get used to it then you can adapt it to RB. It doesnt make any sense for a new player so start RB or even SB right off the bat. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

well to me it makes more sense to learn how the game works by playing AB since the most important skill is gunnery skills and range finding. by playing AB you start to get used to it then you can adapt it to RB. It doesnt make any sense for a new player so start RB or even SB right off the bat. 

But AB is boring...

1 hour ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

just like school. yet school is usefull. so is AB. AB teaches you the basics.

Dude, I do this in my spare time...I'll do things that a fun, not boring.

3 minutes ago, Ronin_GE said:

Dude, I do this in my spare time...I'll do things that a fun, not boring.

im pretty sure 99.9% of the playerbase plays the game in their spare time. back to topic im pretty sure it isnt fun being useless as a new player buying a 9.0 tank and playing RB at the same time. you arent helpfull and the team wasted a slot for a more skilled player. you arent a good player if you dont get the basics. 

OOF talking about basics. i dont understand how you can have "fun" you arent a good player and you arent doing your part for the team to win. 

Screenshot (285).png

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

Ofcourse AB is better for a new player, what im saying is to get used the game at AB learn the maps, layouts, flanking routes and sniping positions and than switch to RB because the real fun is at RB. There is nothing more satifying to flank half of the enemy team that is not expecting you. I feel like a lot of thanks lose their true potential at AB because of the difference of play style you have to go trough. Everything is highlighted, you shoot at red icons with a green crosshair. It only shows you if you pen the enemy tank or not, you never truly learn the true weakspots of opposing tanks. In RB matches you learn by experience and thats what makes it fun.

medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Ikanza said:

Ofcourse AB is better for a new player, what im saying is to get used the game at AB learn the maps, layouts, flanking routes and sniping positions and than switch to RB because the real fun is at RB. (...) In RB matches you learn by experience and thats what makes it fun.

Well...the learning curve is STEEP...

Just took a couple swings at RB...and instantly remembered why i stopped playing it...

YES IT IS FUN...much more atmospheric...and EACH HIT is "conquered"...

The issues...

Shots from tanks i cant see...even looking at the place where the rounds are coming from...in full magnification (sight or binos) i CANT SEE IT...but yet he is hitting with (almost) every round ?!?!? 1km away with 37mm guns...(hence i survived enough to try to find him)

Quick draw is a problem...i see target 500m away...the time i need to move crosshair to target is longer than what takes for him to hit me...

And of course...much better players are around...which equates to dying a lot

(Also the overruns...2nd match i was #1 in the team with 2 kills...so you can guess how that went ;) )

IN SHORT...

It is FUN and a much more INTENSE experience...which is both GOOD and BAD ;)

SO...lets keep BOTH modes, because i am pretty sure lots of players WOULD NOT stay long if arcade wasnt around...and most of them dont think it BORING (it may be many things...but it isn't boring)

EDIT:

As to boring...pure arcade players will like the ectic nature of AB...and find boring to be the stalking and ambushing of RB ...

(i like both...so neither is boring...)

Edited by *GhostSoph

15 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

im pretty sure 99.9% of the playerbase plays the game in their spare time. back to topic im pretty sure it isnt fun being useless as a new player buying a 9.0 tank and playing RB at the same time. you arent helpfull and the team wasted a slot for a more skilled player. you arent a good player if you dont get the basics. 

OOF talking about basics. i dont understand how you can have "fun" you arent a good player and you arent doing your part for the team to win. 

Screenshot (285).png

I enjoy having a good fire firght from time to time. Thats the fun I get out of the game.

I play only random games, so what "team" do you mean? The 15 players that stomp around the map without any coordination trying to get caps or kills? Nah, not my concern...

I play an average of 0.4 hours per month...so people ivesting 70 to 100x the time are better. so what. I makes no sense playing AB for me. The thing I'm lacking mostly is knowing the maps...and given the amount of time I play, it more likely that new maps get published faster then me memorizing them.

• Upvote 1

I played british tanks first so I'm a bit surprised at this. Their paper thin armour can get annoying at higher ranks but at lower ranks (up to say III) they are a lot of fun.

In all my time in the game I don't think I've had muchmore fun than I had with the zippy cromwell, AA is good, achilles, comet (if you use it right), churchill, shermans..

Archer .. AN ABOMINATION! :)

It's at later levels where you can't seem to pen and get one shotted that it becomes less fun. And they give you the "conway" that can only depress 5% and so on.

My bigger gripe with Gaijin is the way they model british planes, the cannons are rubbish compared to German/US (WHAT is up with that, I play all trees, why are British cannons so bad?), things like the mosquito (famous for taking damage) was ridiculously easy to shoot down even before they totally messed up the damage models. Hurricanes where you can't depress the nose above certain speed .. so annoying. etc...

Edited by DogsbodyBader

On 20/01/2019 at 21:45, Dedushka_1963 said:

I did not said it happens every time I join Arcade game but, it did happen.  And I am not seriously talking about Arcade players or the mode itself.  It's just too boring for me.

If you don't want to talk about AB then you don't need to slander it either. The two modes are fine for what they're supposed to do and appeal to different people. The RB elitism has been boring many years now.

On 24/01/2019 at 16:39, Ikanza said:

AB players can adapt to RB fairly quickly, but the other way around is more problematic. The most used reason I've heard is RB players not used to the more fast paced playstyle when going back to AB. They can't keep up, and they can not be as stealthy either. There are many really good players that enjoy both for different reasons. I can do some RB as well from time to time, but it's a little too slow most of the time.

12 hours ago, Ronin_GE said:

I enjoy having a good fire firght from time to time. Thats the fun I get out of the game.

I play only random games, so what "team" do you mean? The 15 players that stomp around the map without any coordination trying to get caps or kills? Nah, not my concern...

I play an average of 0.4 hours per month...so people ivesting 70 to 100x the time are better. so what. I makes no sense playing AB for me. The thing I'm lacking mostly is knowing the maps...and given the amount of time I play, it more likely that new maps get published faster then me memorizing them.

It's a matter of attitude. Doesn't matter if you play a few minutes a month or all day every day. In every match you join, you're put in a team. If you want to be a teamplayer or not is up to you. Some can't grasp the concept of being in a team but for others it comes naturally. Many treat the game as a solo game, and that is not taking care of the potential the game has to offer. There's a lot of teamwork in every game if you just pay attention to it.

With a comment like "so what "team" do you mean? The 15 players that stomp around the map without any coordination trying to get caps or kills?" you kind of make it sound like you're the only one with brains in the team. But It is your concern as well, you're part of that team.
If you have little time to play AB isn't a bad idea. Since games tend to be faster in general, at 6-11 min most of the time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Arium said:

With a comment like "so what "team" do you mean? The 15 players that stomp around the map without any coordination trying to get caps or kills?" you kind of make it sound like you're the only one with brains in the team. But It is your concern as well, you're part of that team.
If you have little time to play AB isn't a bad idea. Since games tend to be faster in general, at 6-11 min most of the time.

Nothin to do with brains. Its just that "swarm intelligence" does not work for something like that. In order to function like a team there would be the need for ONE plan nd ONE command. So real "teamplay" (vehicles moving as a platoon, platoon moving as a company) can not happen in WT. And often, when you try to support (which I do anyway) it is not rewarded in-game (ok, I don't realy care about that anyway)

For example:I see a blue tanks trying to close in at Red tank in a covered position. I can not hit that one, but I can put down fire at the position so red can only peak up for a short moment or must stay down...giving blue the chance to close in for the kill. That gives me zero points....

I play RB from time to time, because some basics can be done(and fun), like positioning of you vehicle, getting in a spot where you can arange crossing/flanking fires etc etc....but still there movements are too fast and uncoordinated that they are not and can not be covered by fire. If you move your tank like you should IRL...you get 200-300 yrads away from the spawn when the game ends.

For me, the negative parts of RB, are amplified in AB: fast suicidal rushes of go cart like tanks, hammering round at coloured markers. That has zero immersion and zero entertainment value for me...so why waste my short gametimes on that?

• Upvote 1

On 19/01/2019 at 16:18, Dedushka_1963 said:

The biggest mistake you made when you start playing Arcade mode.  This is for kids and people who don't know tanks and can't aim properly.

People who dont know where to aim, not cant aim properly. But not this why i play arcade.

I cant stand to stare my monitor screen with leaning eyes to find the suspicius pixels, while somebody shoot me in the side from 10 meters.

Arcade would be a great game but the stupid RNG gameplay mechanics is ruined it to trash.

Yeah, when your gun spread is turn to 1.5 meter on 350 meters without any reason, now you know the RNG manipulate is turned on. 

Plus the cheaters are mostly play in realistic. Plus the low graphic settings advantage.

Edited by Vazeg
  • Upvote 1
medal

On January 24, 2019 at 10:49, *GhostSoph said:

RB increases the gap between PS4 and PC players (on tanks...as PS4 loses target lock...and PC loses nothing).

@*GhostSoph is this really true PC players can keep target lock In RB??  

medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, *Roger13R said:

@*GhostSoph is this really true PC players can keep target lock In RB??  

Yep. Just press x and that target will stay locked.

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Xer0_ said:

Yep. Just press x and that target will stay locked.

Actually i never thought PC players had target lock on RB...assume not. PS4 DOES NOT (or something changed).

PC players really don't need it...mouse is fast enough...

In AB PS4 players can quick aim with target lock...so can sometimes compete vs mouse...

In RB the difference is too big...sometimes i see target first...controller full to the right direction...and still opponent aims and fires first...

The extra .5 or 1 second it takes for the controller to centre on target is half a second too much...

It is what it is, you just have to accept it. Its a pay to win game much like World of Tanks and many other games. If you don't pay anything your pretty much a rolling target. If you pay $100 a year your a rolling target that makes decent progress. The key is to make it very very very hard to do anything without a premium bundle tanks thats in a class of its own. Once you get high ranked in T5 and T6 you will see 80% of the people playing only use p2w tanks/planes. Its sad but it is what it is. I wouldn't expect any change. As for bias its all over the place to encourage players of other tree's. For instnace the Centerno in itally is the most rediculously biased tank this year.

medal medal