ElGarrido

pixelation and general blurriness of all but exptremely high graphics

specs:

GTX 1060 6gb

16gb ddr4 ram

intel i7-8700 CPU

so i went away from war thunder during christmas and came back after about a month. when i came back i discovered that i was experiencing extremely high pixelation and artifacting when playing war thunder, but every other game is okay. after deleting and reinstalling the newest nvidia gpu drivers, trying out different settings, checking my monitor, making sure it wasnt the displayport port in the gpu, and generally just trying to xxxx with settings both in war thunder and in the nvidia control pannel i cant get a permament solution going. if i turn antialiasing, textures, and the after anti aliasing or whatever on max the problems seems to halfway go away. the issues with that is that no matter how much i tinker eith the settings i cant get much more then 50-60 fps, sometimes dropping into the high thirties. the the picture below is on the preset high settings, which i found was a good middle point where the pixelation and blurryness on "long" range is almost gone

1163211636_shot2019_01_1701_16_55.thumb.

this is from default medium settings which was also the the highest i could go before while getting 100 frames+2123551268_shot2019_01_1701_22_26.thumb.

then you have the movie setting, where i cranked everything up to max. this gave me about 40 fps stable, but also seemed to mostly fix the issue998381064_shot2019_01_1700_25_22.thumb.j

i dont know if i managed to show you properly how bad it actually is, but iths this weird thing where the tank and everything in its immediate vicinity is perfectly detailed and superb, but anything outside 3 metres gets all blurry and pixelated when i move around. i was wondering if there is any way to fix this without having to turn the advanced antialiasing on. cuz that **** drains fps like a xxxx. anyone got any ideas?

TheElite96 (Posted )

Moved to Community Tech Support >> Hardware Problems & Advice
medal medal medal

Playing with a RX 480 4GB, absolutely everything cranked to the max manually.

And yes, i do observe similar behavior. Objects, such as trees, grass and clouds (in Air battles, up close), are appearing really pixelated, as if the texture is 640x480, not full quality. This seems to be coming from some of the recent updates, not sure why.

medal

I think I have a similar problem. When playing at custom settings (some things medium, some "movie" etc.) @FHD I very often haven large areas of the ground texture very blurry, very low resolution, flickering. But it's always only a part of the ground textures, all around them the ground textures are normal. As my plane moves, turns etc. the malfunctioning ground texture disappears in one spot and re-appears at another.

This is quite annoying and started I think at the same time those random messages in the hangar appeared, stating that I allegedly have to little memory and texture quality has to be reduced. So already several months ago.

Relevant components of my rig:

i7-2600K

16GB RAM

GTX 1060 (6GB)

medal medal medal

Its Gaijin fault. The render distance is like 4km for ground textures if playing as a plane/helicopter.

And small environment details have like 300-500m render distance, for Ground Forces.

medal

23 hours ago, Savanne said:

Its Gaijin fault. The render distance is like 4km for ground textures if playing as a plane/helicopter.

And small environment details have like 300-500m render distance, for Ground Forces.

Well, it hasn't been that way before, so I guess it's just another driver-related glitch.

medal medal medal

Is SSAA enabled? It's a massive drain on the computer even for a high tech. I run on everything max and even tweaked some values myself for longer rendering of grass and sit at 144fps comfortably. But when I enable SSAA it jumps down to around 40fps.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No, SSAA disabled, running at 59 FPS (fixed). But even if SSAA was enabled: lower FPS and micro-stuttering would be understandable, this weird behaviour of ground textures wouldn't. Except there is some kind of memory leak.

medal medal medal

I recently made a screenshot of the phenomenon (marked by the red circles) and my video settings. See attached.

shot 2019.01.29 17.18.40 - Kopie.jpg

shot 2019.01.29 18.17.35.jpg

medal medal medal