Conte_Baracca

Lack of equipment in Tier III

On 13/04/2019 at 15:57, Conte_Baracca said:

I disagree here.  Germany get's East German equipment.  Germany and Italy fight America and Britain when they were allies through NATO.  I see no problem with post WW2 and a minor Axis tree.  It would offer a lot of equipment for the higher tiers. Even some unique stuff through Romanian programs.

The 2 auxilliary factions dont need to have post war equipment necessarily, in the I-H faction suggestion where the Hungarian vehicles stopped the Itallians took over.

That is why i cant make sense out of his thought. its illogical or i dont capisce something....but since he aint writing back hell knows what he ment.

Furthermore this wasnt a problem for the creators of the I-H f. suggestion so, iam having a hard time viewing this dudes objections as something valid.

Edited by Jacky95
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

On 14/04/2019 at 01:29, Jacky95 said:

The 2 auxilliary factions dont need to have post war equipment necessarily, in the I-H faction suggestion where the Hungarian vehicles stopped the Itallians took over.

That is why i cant make sense out of this guys thought. its illogical or i dont capisce something....but since he aint writing back hell knows what he ment.

Furthermore this wasnt a problem for the creators of the I-H f. suggestion so, iam having a hard time viewing this dudes objections as something valid.

Sorry there, I've been sick the last few weeks.
You've pretty much changed my mind, I was thinking 'Hungary, Romania = Warsaw Pact/Italy = NATO' when I posted originally. I hadn't done any reading to see what Cold War/Modern War Romanian and Hungarian armour there was that would break the model.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

4 hours ago, DeadlyTreadly said:

Sorry there, I've been sick the last few weeks.
You've pretty much changed my mind, I was thinking 'Hungary, Romania = Warsaw Pact/Italy = NATO' when I posted originally. I hadn't done any reading to see what Cold War/Modern War Romanian and Hungarian armour there was that would break the model.

dont worry m8, and i apologise for being rude.

To be clear iam just engaging in a debate, not fighting for something, as it would be rather futile. 

I myselfe dont necessarily want Hungary to be in the Itaian tech tree, however i do view it as something potentionally better than again having only american and german tech copy pastad..... i personally would rather prefer to use as much Itallian tech as possible together with some Hungarian designs to fill the holes and to separate ww2 and post war designs better, or which seems much more viable is to hope that Gaijin makes the Minor axis tech tree, and than Hungary and Romania will be able to fully represent in that tree together with the Finns.

Edited by Jacky95
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 14/04/2019 at 15:28, Jacky95 said:

dont worry m8, and i apologise for being rude.

To be clear iam just engaging in a debate, not fighting for something, as it would be rather futile. 

I myselfe dont necessarily want Hungary to be in the Itaian tech tree, however i do view it as something potentionally better than again having only american and german tech copy pastad..... i personally would rather prefer to use as much Itallian tech as possible together with some Hungarian designs to fill the holes and to separate ww2 and post war designs better, or which seems much more viable is to hope that Gaijin makes the Minor axis tech tree, and than Hungary and Romania will be able to fully represent in that tree together with the Finns.

I love Italy as its own nation.  However, I would love to play Hungarian and Romanian designs.  To me, they all fought on the Eastern Front, roughly together, and putting them together would be fine.  However, Italy is viable on it's own.  A few German and American copy pasta in tier III and Italy is cooking with gas.  Hungary and Romania cannot stand alone, even together.  So, if it comes down to not having Hungary and Romania or having Hungary and Romania in the Italian tree, I'm 100% okay with having Romanian and Hungarian designs in the Italian Tree.  The other option is to mix them with Finland as a separate "Minor Axis" tree.  Maybe do an "eastern European" tree with Yugoslavia.  There are obvious problems with both of those solutions.  So again we end up back in a space where the only way to get Hungary and Romania (and Finland) is to mix them with the Italians. I don't know.  What does the Italian community think?

Edit:  What, for sure, doesn't need to happen is for Germany to get any more non-German stuff.  That tree is soo much deeper and better than most other trees.  Give Italy some damn love.

Edit #2:  Can we please have the Romanian Bf-109 G-2, and the Romanian/Hungarian He 112 B-1/U2 in the Italian Tree as Premium's please.  I would like some more premium options at more BRs for the Italian Tree.  And I would like to have all of the Romanian AC in one damn place.

Edited by Conte_Baracca
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Conte_Baracca said:

Edit #2:  Can we please have the Romanian Bf-109 G-2, and the Romanian/Hungarian He 112 B-1/U2 in the Italian Tree as Premium's please.  I would like some more premium options at more BRs for the Italian Tree.  And I would like to have all of the Romanian AC in one damn place.

Can we pls have new Italian premiums and not just transferred from the German tree?

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Can we pls have new Italian premiums and not just transferred from the German tree?

What is standing in the way of having both?

Moving assets from one tech tree to another and adding completely new assets also.

Forgive me if iam wrong but moving already existing and functional assets between tech trees is not a gigantic task.

Gaijin seems to be more preoccupied with post ww2 stuff atm tho.

Edited by Jacky95
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jacky95 said:

What is standing in the way of having both?

Moving assets from one tech tree to another and adding completely new assets also.

Forgive me if iam wrong but moving already existing and functional assets between tech trees is not a gigantic task.

Gaijin seems to be more preoccupied with post ww2 stuff atm tho.

The problem is that we are not getting both.

For now we have only 1 Italian premium plane, which was added after introduction of the tree and it's Co-belligerent copy-paste spitfire. Of course it's just my opinion, but for me it's ridiculous to use Co-belligerent plane in one team with Regia Aeronautica and Luftwaffe planes and against Allies. It just brakes my mind. 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I want new Premiums too... but Currently Italy does not have a 4.3 Aircraft so the G-2 would be helpful.  And the HE 112 would have more firepower than any of the available Italian Aircraft.

4 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

The problem is that we are not getting both.

For now we have only 1 Italian premium plane, which was added after introduction of the tree and it's Co-belligerent copy-paste spitfire. Of course it's just my opinion, but for me it's ridiculous to use Co-belligerent plane in one team with Regia Aeronautica and Luftwaffe planes and against Allies. It just brakes my mind. 

I think both is easy enough.  But yeah...the lack of Premiums is annoying.

The Italian tech tree is meant to be stand-alone. We will see some hungarian and romanian stuff, but not in the Italian tree, that's for shure.

Edited by Redberseker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redberseker said:

The Italian tech tree is meant to be stand-alone. We will see some hungarian and romanian stuff, but not in the Italian tree, that's for shure.

We need Tier III vehicles

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Conte_Baracca said:

We need Tier III vehicles

we do but not at any cost

as mentioned the 75/46 is doing totally ok at its BR same with Breda 501.

who says a tree has to have or even can field all BRs specially in case of weaker TTs like italian GF or french AF? it is not necessary but it would be nice if a tree can land this idea. if you bring your focus out of italian tank tree and compare it with other trees specifically jp GF you will see what we have in IT GF isn't uncommon. (JP GF fields no 3.7, no 4.0, 1 4.3, 1 4.7, 1 5.0, 1 5.3, 0 5.7, 1 6.0 in regular tree, you can see building up around a particular BR isn't pretty either) i think we just have to deal with what we have or with what italy had. the idea of adding hungary with italy was cool but in hind sight it would have been a weird tree. since the first day italian ground tree was introduced its supporters knew there will be this particular gap at 5.0 to 6.0 and that's why they thought of adding hungary to the tree which could help fill this gap. so it's not something we didn't expect. i personally am thankful for what we have so far.

i think italy still has few post ww2 vehicles that can sit around 5.0 to 6.0 like the OF-24. just give it time.

Edited by Ruthless95
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Ruthless95 said:

we do but not at any cost

Fair.

as mentioned the 75/46 is doing totally ok at its BR same with Breda 501.

who says a tree has to have or even can field all BRs specially in case of weaker TTs like italian GF or french AF? it is not necessary but it would be nice if a tree can land this idea. if you bring your focus out of italian tank tree and compare it with other trees specifically jp GF you will see what we have in IT GF isn't uncommon. (JP GF fields no 3.7, no 4.0, 1 4.3, 1 4.7, 1 5.0, 1 5.3, 0 5.7, 1 6.0 in regular tree, you can see building up around a particular BR isn't pretty either) i think we just have to deal with what we have or with what italy had.

I would just prefer it so I can play with my German Main friends whatever the BR. 

I also think the Japanese tree is a horrible example as that Tree is universally considered the worst TT below top tier.  We should aspire for better.

the idea of adding hungary with italy was cool but in hind sight it would have been a weird tree. since the first day italian ground tree was introduced its supporters knew there will be this particular gap at 5.0 to 6.0 and that's why they thought of adding hungary to the tree which could help fill this gap. so it's not something we didn't expect. i personally am thankful for what we have so far.

i think italy still has few post ww2 vehicles that can sit around 5.0 to 6.0 like the OF-24. just give it time.

Could find nothing on the OF-24.

I personally have no problem with some PZ IV(G or H or both depending on what was given by the Germans to the ANR), some more Shermans (Italy used all models with all guns postwar) to give the tree some depth and some more BRs.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

xcyZUFM1L8Q.jpg

Mowag Tornado with Scorpion's 76mm made by Oto Melara

I. Want. This.

And Scorpion and Saladin for Britain.

Edited by Conte_Baracca
  • Like 1

Hungarians have been clamoring for inclusion for years.  

As an American I am fine with Israel having a sub tree in the American tree (though I don't play the American Tree).  Or, hell, an Iraqi subtree.  People who were our allies, people who we support, people who have roughly the same ideals.  Whatever.   

I prefer to be about inclusion as opposed to exclusion

Hungary and Italy fought on the same side during WW2.  Hungary and Italy are both in NATO now.  Hungary and Italy both have a relatively limited number of ww2 era vehicles.  Etc. Etc. Etc. 

But I also understand national pride.  I also understand that Italy, postwar, has a deep and effective arms industry that the Italian community wants to show off. 

I'm just saying that this is complicated, and we shouldn't be throwing rocks at each other.

Fact.  Italy has holes in Tier III.  Fact The Turan Series (specifically the Turan II and the Turan III prototype), the Nimrod, and the 44m Zinryi I  would be unique and able to beef up the Italian tree in the 4.0 to 4.7 range.  

Fact.  Hungary used 5.7 German tanks.  Fact. Italy has no 5.7 tanks in it's Tech Tree.

Given these facts Hungary would be complimentary to italy.

However,

Fact, Germany provided Pz IV models (G or H or both depending on sources) to the Italian Social Republic (ANR).  Fact, postwar Italy used all variants in all armament types of the Sherman medium tank.

Given these facts Italy could have their tree rounded out with copy and paste German and American tanks.

Also

Fact, the P43 is not coming to the game in any form.

Given this fact there are no purely Italian solutions to this problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I prefer have a few copy past vehicles, but used by the army, rather than have a non sense half-caste tree....
Moreover Italy is a nation with a complete tree of Navy and helicopters coming, you can't fill tank tree holes with vehicles produced and used only from another nation....

The tech tree is stand-alone.

Edited by Redberseker
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

out of curiosity, how many Italian helicopters are there?

checked, myself

Edited by Jacky95

16 hours ago, Redberseker said:

I prefer have a few copy past vehicles, but used by the army, rather than have a non sense half-caste tree....
Moreover Italy is a nation with a complete tree of Navy and helicopters coming, you can't fill tank tree holes with vehicles produced and used only from another nation....

The tech tree is stand-alone.

I'm fine with this as well.  

1 hour ago, Jacky95 said:

out of curiosity, how many Italian helicopters are there?

checked, myself

Mangusta time.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:29, Conte_Baracca said:

Mangusta time

Augusta-Westland as well and many others.

Edited by Redberseker

On 26/04/2019 at 12:57, Redberseker said:

Augusta-Westland as well and many others.

I look forward to a LOT of Augusta-Westland aircraft.

Now that the Devblogs are starting to hit for the next patch.  Hopefully, we will get some word on stuff for Italy to fill the Tier III holes.

Just for information: I have just seen a post where is reported an M4A4 with 75mm sitting in cdk for long time.

154442479_M4A4cdk.png.f466b5d6b59982ba51

Considering we have been give the possibility to win the decal of Savoia Cavalleria, what about adding this?

326374465_M4A4Savoia.jpg.90efa8a82c86888

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

How about give M14/41 EP rounds (HESH) .

a M15/42 with additional armor(tracks) and 47mm EP rounds for BR 3.3 .

a P40/26 with additional armor (tracks) and EPS (with 120mm pen) rounds for BR 4.0 .

Edited by CatWeaZle
new information
  • Upvote 2
medal medal