I know you answered this already as new nations are being discussed but I would really like the Canadian armed forces added in as a nation on its own rather than being apart of Britain which we never really where with the Brits during the war (as in a part of their army not in battle of course we were with them in battle heck some of us where in Brit tanks and other vehicles but still we were not in their army) and I'd like to see our vehicles taken out of the American and British trees and put in the Canadian tree. This addition would also be pretty easy for you guys to do as small update (relatively speaking) since some Canadian vehicles are already in-game. Thought I'd reinforce this abit I'm not expecting it to happen anytime soon but I would like to see it. Anyway keep up the work.

Edited by TheHooded1

8 minutes ago, TheHooded1 said:

I know you answered this already as new nations are being discussed but I would really like the Canadian armed forces added in as a nation on its own rather than being apart of Britain which we never really where with the Brits during the 

Never really with the brits.....?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Highly doubt Canada will ever be added to WT as an independent nation, and yes you were with us in the war. 

Well if you look at it the Brits where never with us in WW1 say when the attack on Vimy Ridge, sure we may have been in British camps in Europe but we never really set out to battle as the Royal army, we were either RCAF or Canadian Army as stating we were never apart of the Brits, yes we fought with them but we were never in their army we were on our own at the time even in WW1.

I can't see why Canada couldn't...or shouldn't...have its own tech tree in the game. The tools of World War II used by Canada's armed forces between 1939 & '45 aren't difficult to find...& as we all know, Canada didn't need permission from Britain to declare war on the Axis on September 10th, 1939. We did that on our own...just as every nation in the British Commonwealth did the same. We also contributed to the Korean War (1950-53), many peacekeeping assignments, & also stuck our necks out in the global war against terrorist factions...which we're still doing today.

And through all that...& World War I as well...we lost more than 100 000 lives in the process. The cenotaphs across Canada, the military cemeteries in different parts of the world...including Europe...are testimonials to the sacrifices made. "Victory doesn't come without sacrifice!!!", so goes the saying.

As for saying that Canada 'wasn't with the British!',well...we were with them, whole-heartedly. Never forget that the Royal Canadian Navy was involved in 'The Battle of the Atlantic', doing their best to help shepherd the vital supply convoys across the Atlantic Ocean, through those German U-Boat wolf-packs whose objective was to starve Britain into submission. At times, they had to face the worst situations...& Canada's navy showed that they had the guts to make sure the job was done. (And that was only one example. There were many others that would take too long to mention!)

As for the tech trees representing Britain in War Thunder, well... it's not just 'Britain' there. It's the entire 'British Commonwealth Of Nations' being represented, including Canada. We may have been independent for a very long time...& our existence has endured for 151 years. But let's face it...It's always better to leave things just the way they are.

At Least...For Now!!!

medal medal

Agreed I also have fixed the not being with Britain during war I meant as an army not in battle. As I said in the post Peter, I'm not expecting it to be added very quickly and yes while it may be best to leave it for now and let them finish what they have planned for now all the power to it but still I would like to see it maybe by the end of this year or so; note Would, only time will tell though seeing as many things are under development. Thank you for backing this Peter.

21 minutes ago, TheHooded1 said:

Agreed I also have fixed the not being with Britain during war I meant as an army not in battle. As I said in the post Peter, I'm not expecting it to be added very quickly and yes while it may be best to leave it for now and let them finish what they have planned for now all the power to it but still I would like to see it maybe by the end of this year or so; note Would, only time will tell though seeing as many things are under development. Thank you for backing this Peter.

As Canada alone how many vehicles did they produced and did they use any British ones? Because otherwise it would just be a copy of the British one, I know some planes were manufactured by Canada or Australia etc and then saw combat in Europe too, or some variants were just used by those nations while never being use directly by the British. I'm interested in Canada and Australia 

18 hours ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

As Canada alone how many vehicles did they produced and did they use any British ones? Because otherwise it would just be a copy of the British one, I know some planes were manufactured by Canada or Australia etc and then saw combat in Europe too, or some variants were just used by those nations while never being use directly by the British. I'm interested in Canada and Australia 

Surprisingly we didn't just use some British and American tanks we used a German Leopard for some time in WW2. This one is just a fact but we make the most heavily armored wheeled transport vehicle for the Americans known as the Gurka. We made the Americans the Thunderjet, we have a few Canadian made biplanes and bombers as well as the famous Avro Arrow, alot of planes in ww2 had avro in front of them to say Canadian made or some other reason. Those are just a few, I'm sure with a little more digging you'll find more Canadian made vehicles I just think it would be nice to have Canada in there since we never get mentioned at all really and I want that to change (not that our country is so great anymore with all this garbage and acceptance of "people").

1 hour ago, TheHooded1 said:

Surprisingly we didn't just use some British and American tanks we used a German Leopard for some time in WW2. This one is just a fact but we make the most heavily armored wheeled transport vehicle for the Americans known as the Gurka. We made the Americans the Thunderjet, we have a few Canadian made biplanes and bombers as well as the famous Avro Arrow, alot of planes in ww2 had avro in front of them to say Canadian made or some other reason. Those are just a few, I'm sure with a little more digging you'll find more Canadian made vehicles I just think it would be nice to have Canada in there since we never get mentioned at all really and I want that to change (not that our country is so great anymore with all this garbage and acceptance of "people").

(I agree with your last sentence, sadly it's happening all over the world.)I like the idea of a Canadian tree, so for example the avro Lancaster was a Canadian bomber? I'll dig a little more then, I do prefer tanks over planes, hope to find some soon

1 hour ago, TheHooded1 said:

By the way do you know that Italy used the sexton SPG after the war? They even mounted an extended barrel, it could come to the game opefully, just found out it was Canadian and not British :D

14 minutes ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

By the way do you know that Italy used the sexton SPG after the war? They even mounted an extended barrel, it could come to the game opefully, just found out it was Canadian and not British :D

Hm interesting, I'm not one to do much digging though I just did a little search on the old Google to see what planes we had, and the only ww2 tanks we had were some Sherman's and some others that I don't know of other than the Leopard that we stole hehe, maybe made it better to that's what we tend to do sometimes, steal others designs and make then 100x better.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheHooded1 said:

Hm interesting, I'm not one to do much digging though I just did a little search on the old Google to see what planes we had, and the only ww2 tanks we had were some Sherman's and some others that I don't know of other than the Leopard that we stole hehe, maybe made it better to that's what we tend to do sometimes, steal others designs and make then 100x better.

Yes it was one of the many modifications made by the Canadian army, interesting one. Fun story, the Canadians landed in Italy with the rest of the allies, they bring with them guns and tanks, tons of them. The war ends and they say, mhm why should we waste fuel to take this Boyz(much of their heavy land equipment) back with us? So they left everything they could, Americans and British did the same. We ended up gathering tons of sextons and Shermans, wrecked and intacts and rebuilt them from 0, taking one bit from her and one bit from there. The Canadian sexton was capable of having a nice heat round after it was further upgraded by the canadian army. It could come as a nice addition togheter with at least 2 Ram variants. The only problem is where to put them?

On 02/01/2019 at 16:03, TheHooded1 said:

Well if you look at it the Brits where never with us in WW1 say when the attack on Vimy Ridge, sure we may have been in British camps in Europe but we never really set out to battle as the Royal army, we were either RCAF or Canadian Army as stating we were never apart of the Brits, yes we fought with them but we were never in their army we were on our own at the time even in WW1.

You got that really backwards. Canada didn't even have an army in WWI. The Canadian divisions of WWI fought entirely and directly as units of the British army, under British command, and they did set out to battle as the 1st-4th Division (Canadian) of the British 1st and 4th Army. Even after the Canadian Corps was formed from the spread out divisions, it was still a part of the British Army. Canadian pilots flew exclusively as part of the British RFC. Even in WWII, the Canadian military largely fought under British control. Our bombers flew as 6 Group under RAF Bomber Command, our fighters flew under RAF Fighter command. 1st Canadian Corps fought as a part of the British 8th Army under Monty. We did have our own military, but for the most part they fought fully embedded in the British military.

medal

I mean on the subject of a Canadian tree. It really lacks enough unique or defining vehicles to be a separate tree (particularly at high tiers) but interegrated with other allied nation's or Commonwealth nation's to form a multi-national tree to which Canada formed the back bone would probably be a good idea.

medal medal medal