rpsgc

FIAT 6614

The FIAT 6614 is... to put it mildly... bad.

• I can't move the gun more than 45º to the left before the machine gun mount prevents it from depressing
  • I can't move the gun more than 90º to the right without the same MG mount forcing the gun to look down (why did they model the machine gun mount in the first place?)
  • It has wheels so it's hard to position
  • The gun is very slow to move in either axis
  • It's a huge target
  • It only has one gun
  • It only has 8 mm of armour so it dies to anything.

Both the Ontos and the Type 60 are far smaller targets (that can actually hide), are tracked so it's easy to maneuver into position and have multiple guns.

Why is this thing at 6.3 with only one gun and so many drawbacks?

Edited by rpsgc
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Leeb_ said:

You forgot to mention the awful reload time

I didn't mention it because it seemed in line with similar vehicles but yes, it's pretty bad.

Edited by rpsgc

I hate this single gun space buggy. The only good thing about it is the reverse speed which is awful on it's 2 relatives.

medal medal medal medal

I just crewed this pile of junk. The only map so far that has been a small success was Korea where I spawn camped and took pot shots at the odd tank, I got 2 kills. Out of 8 other battles I think I got 1 kill and 2 assists and died mostly from being machine gunned or from air. If you are experienced, which I'm not, and know all the sniper spots in RB then I'm sure you will have fun with it. I doubt I'll be taking it out again for a while. In Arcade you are just air spam fodder.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

From my perspective it's a pretty good vehicle. I play Italy exclusively in RB, for some obvious reasons, tho. About Fiat 6614, you have to play it like its american counterparts: M50, M56, T92. Use your speed to reach a very good position for sniping in the early stages of the battle, then proceed to choose very carefully your victim and where to hit them. If you can't aim properly, then spot them and go back in cover. I use HEATs so before shooting I think twice. In my best battle with it so far I've done 6 kills and 6 assists. It requires patience.

medal medal medal

I think Gaijin should either give it a .50 cal on its machine gun mount or remove it (the machine gun mount).

If it can't be removed then move it down in br.

Edited by SergenteA
  • Upvote 1

I personally have an amazing time with this tank. It moves fast, allowing you to push to forward positions, and it is important to play it like a completely unarmored vehicle because you will be killed by everything.

I regularly get 3+ kill games because you can hit the enemy from the side, and if you can practice the fire & reposition tactic this vehicle is great.

Just noticed that the (useless) MG support is bolted, so it can really removed to allow a better rotation of the gun.

Edited by Redberseker
  • Like 1

Don't forget that it only has usable elevation when facing frontally, if you aim to the levt you lose minimum elevation, when aim to the right you lose maximum elevation to the point you can't even aim straigth

It's absolutely horrible. At this point I'm fairly convinced that the only vehicle I might actually enjoy in Italian tree is OTOMATIC so I can take revenge on all the heli spammers

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

I think it is very good vehicle, it can do his job. As any Italian bellow it suffers on city maps, coz Italians are not made for them, what gajin didnt realize and so it weakend AXIS compared to Soviets or USA on same ranks.

But wtf is with this vehicle if you stop it in at a hill, it can not climb it again, it is 4x4 vehicle wtf is this, even small hill is forcing you to reverse and get the speed. I think this is BUG, aynone noticed it?

medal medal

It's a real xxxx vehicle.  I spade everything before I move on so... The only thing you can do is move fast to a spot the enemy won't suspect you, stay stealthy, wait for all to pass then start your killing spree.  Don't forget to use your spot, it will get teammates to engage them giving you an easier time to remain undetected.  Be careful that you move away before those you killed come back to murder you, and pray they can't bring an aircraft.  In all actuality, once you get spotted and your team does not have air superiority, you're dead.  Try to hide the moment you hear air...

On a good run I get six kills on average, on a bad one (more often) you'll just die lots.  Also don't get hung up on HEAT  because of its higher numbers.  HESH is the way to go, giving you nearly always one shot kills no matter where you hit or what at the BRs you end up in. (just... don't hit tracks)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The bolted MG support model must be removed. It's useless and don't allow a good rotation of the gun.

Edited by Redberseker

On 26/03/2019 at 16:26, Redberseker said:

The bolted MG support model must be removed. It's useless and don't allow a good rotation of the gun.

Right now the 3d model is made "how the pics show it"

Very bad tank, must be bug with wheels/engine because on slopes there is no power to wheels. 

magazine2 (Posted )

Submit a bug report
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The HEAT rounds are underperfoming like nothing.

1.26kg of explosive being absorbed by 2 crew members..really...

Yeah, I'm not having much fun with this thing.

As someone who doesn't like to switch round types often, which  of the two rounds is most effective?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

HESH

Grazie.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 27/03/2019 at 01:26, Redberseker said:

There is a passed bug report about it on the Russian forum:

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/260175-1850127-fiat-6614-ubrat-soshku-kotoraya-ne-ispolzuetsya/

• Thanks 1

Having a frustrating issue where my gun-sight clips through the hull:

463247351_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.cd58f

Anyone know any fixes for this in Simbattle?

NOTE: I already went through bug report, so i don't advise spamming them.

Edited by TungstenWall
  • Sad 1

On 21/07/2019 at 04:08, TungstenWall said:

Anyone know any fixes for this in Simbattle?

Sadly no, and this actually prevents you from exploiting hull down in the most effective way. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Imagine everything you could ever want out of a light tank/scout vehicle/armored car...and throw it all down the drain because the 6614 has none of it. This command and conquer reject is GUARANTEED to bring frustration, tears, and/or keyboards flung through computer screens in your life. You want to have fun? WRONG VEHICLE.

On a serious note, Aside from top speed, and maybe lack of ammo grind, there is nothing likeable about this vehicle. Everything else you can imagine about it just isn't good.

Tiny firing angles on a slow traverse, slow reload, low velocity gun with armor that can't even resist machine guns, along with a wheeled base that can't even outrun heavy tanks offroad makes for one of the worst vehicles of its class, possibly the worst 6.3 vehicle. Compared to any other 6.3 TD, the 6614 wins out only in top speed on pavement, nevermind that it only reaches it on extremely long stretches of road. Everything else it loses in, not by slim margins, but massively. It's frankly unbelievable that it's at the same BR as the CA Lorraine and Jagpanther.

"But what about the HEAT shell?"

It's trash. The only thing more unreliable is APCR. The shell may as well not exist.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Can confirm this is the worst light tank EVER on WT. 

All the drawbacks of a light tank and barely ANY benefits. The speed isn't that fast compared to other Italian vehicles at its tier, it can't off-road to climb any hill worth a damn (so forget decent positioning like the R3 AA car). You cannot for the life of you elevate or decline the barrel if skirmishing behind cover and out etc. Which means unless you can diagonally try the trick (very few areas are decent for this, you have to sort of  swerve around the corner and try to hope the enemy is distracted to try a shot. NOW if you are lucky, the planets in the right alignment you'll get a one-shot kill or disabling hit, now you need to pray there's no friends of his or he doesn't spawn in a plane to try and get you. You don't reverse that fast, acceleration is awful and reload isn't great.

2800+ for repairs for this pile of junk?

Use up the free repairs just to experience how ^%$£" a vehicle is and leave it behind in your rear view mirror. Or have someone strap C4 and send it flying towards enemy lines as a distraction.

Glad I didn't waste SL / GE crew training on this steaming xxxx of a vehicle. Unless Gaijin patch the hell out of this thing it's basically a stepping stone to the decent AUBL light tank at least.