Stona

Update 21.12.2018 (1.85.0.49)

Maintenance_60871903fa9c11f1f5b4bfbdb924

• A bug where the HUD could not be hidden in replays has been fixed.
  • A bug when specific wheeled vehicles had one of its wheels not displaying as spinning has been fixed.
  • A bug when sometimes a ground vehicle was incorrectly displayed as destroyed has been fixed.
  • A bug when the wrong number of air-to-air missiles was displayed has been fixed.
  • A bug when in helicopter HUD, the line with the number of missiles and the current heat seeker mode was not being displayed has been fixed.
  • A bug where the visual shot effect from another tank was displayed too brightly has been fixed.
  • A bug where the selected game mode was not saved has been fixed.

Weaponry

• The composition of the ship’s armour-piercing loadout on the 12.7mm Browning machine gun previously was no different from the universal type has been fixed.
  • 76mm 34-K and 39-K cannons now have HE shells with a remote detonator by default on those ships where there are no researchable shell modifications for the indicated cannons (for example, “Krasny Kavkaz”). Previously the default was the typical HE shell.
  • The parameters of the remote detonators have been fixed.

Economy

• Added achievement "Italian Collection" (unlock more than 50 Italian vehicles).

Ground Battles in RB mode respawn cost changes:

• Changes in the costs for respawn in ground forces RB at BRs of 8.0 and higher.:
    • The base cost for aircraft no longer depends on its BR and is always 720 respawn points.
    • The base cost for a helicopter no longe depends on its BR and is always 450 respawn points for an helicopter without ATGM’s and 625 points for helicopter with ATGM’s.
  • Changes in the costs for a respawn in ground force RB at all BRs:
    • The base cost for reserve vehicle has been changed from 0 respawn points to 50 respawn points.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Updated with:

• Changes in the costs for respawn in ground forces RB at BRs of 8.0 and higher.: 
    • The base cost for aircraft no longer depends on its BR and is always 720 respawn points.
    • The base cost for a helicopter no longe depends on its BR and is always 450 respawn points for an helicopter without ATGM’s and 625 points for helicopter with ATGM’s.
    • The base cost for reserve vehicle has been changed from 0 respawn points to 50 respawn points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

This is a 2 part question: 1. Do the developers implement major updates "sight unseen", or do they somehow "beta-test" the update? 2. If they do beta-test or pre-test, who does the actual testing, veteran WT players, devs, random gamers, focus groups? How long does this process take? Thank you!

Stona (Posted )

1) Test on internal servers. 2) QA guys
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, Stona said:

Changes in the costs for respawn in ground forces RB at BRs of 8.0 and higher.: 

Please, increase the cost for spawning in helicopters! Players are literally able to play "TANK RB" without touching a TANK! (Or any ground vehicle)

Maybe make it like 460 Respawn Points for a helicopter withOUT ATGMs and 700 Respawn Points for a Helicopter WITH ATGMs

• Upvote 3
medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Ok sure but why not just make reserve tanks unable to be spawned in like brs higher than 5 or something? This is literally ruining top tier.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Do we still have no way of turning off the seatbelt warning sound? It's so annoying, especially when it's also there in reserve prop planes as well as top-end jets! If only for the sake of realism it shouldn't be there for anything but the latest jets and then we should still have the choice. 

Please - it's ruining the game experience for me and many, many others. 

Edit: You've done it! Fantastic! Thanks. 

Edited by Plane_in_Vain
Update post
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Stona said:

The most powerful weapon platform in game, ATGM helicopters, should not cost less SP than a cannon armed jet, or any jet for that matter. 

And adding 50 SP to the cost of spawning a reserve vehicle at top tier will do NOTHING to alleviate cap and J out. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stona said:

Updated with:

Please make Helicopters costs 720 (with ATGM's) and 625 without, they are ruining Top tier with there no skill meta. honestly find it ludicrous Helicopter costs more than a Jet (even though) one has far better ground armaments and costs significantly less.

Also make Reserves costs 450 SP, you have no need to take a reserve into 8.0+ games, the only reason is to cap rush. this should be removed entirely and should cost your entire SP if choose to do so. thats like me playing 10.0 with my M1 Abrams and deciding to take a reserve...... for what reason other than cap rushing. honestly have some sense and remove this 'skilless' meta from the game.

Edited by TheCloop123
medal medal medal medal medal

Could we get an update on the G-limits on the Gloster Javelin FAW.9 in accordance with the technical data collected by the community. The Vne speed requires a minor fix pushing it up to the actual limit of 1140kmh. This would allow it to be useable in Sim and possibly RB without requiring the full FM update it is due to recieve.

Thanks for the updates guys and the patch was a roaring success (except the javelin) keep up the good work 07.

medal

finally a change to SP in GF RB, but sadly not in the needed direction...

CAS needs to be differentiated in offensive capabilities:

Anti-Air (fighter), Ground Attack (one for cannon based, one for ordnance), (maybe) Bomber and All-Rounder (just as an example)

1. Helicopters shouldnt be possible to spawn in immediately, no matter what.
    1. reserve tank rushing to a cap, J out and spawning a heli shouldnt be possible as well.
  2. a regular fighter with just 20mm cannons (more or less; e.g. a meteor mk3 or me262 a1a) shouldnt be as expensive as a Ground Attacker like a Mig17 with tiny ivans (comparing the roles, not BR)
    1. a Horten or Me 262 A-1/U4 should be more expensive than the Me 262 A-1a in GF RB, as they can attack the tanks on the ground
  3. better ordnance = more SP needed. yes, you could spawn that mig17 for a fighter SP cost, but the moment you load tiny ivans, the SP needs to be drastically changed. while its only 2 rockets, you can go back, rearm and have another go.
    1. the type of ordnance should be considered as well. RP-3 or HVAR are much harder to use and kill with than e.g. a Hydra Rocket. this should be considered as well. 
      1. e.g. FJ-4B can load 114 Hydras, a G.91 only 38. the SP increase on the G91 should be less, as the amount of damage you can cause with one load is far less
    2. bomb types/sizes should be taken into account as well. 
      1. e.g. Spitfire Mk.24: 2x 250lb should be cheaper than 2x 500lb, as the smaller bombs are more difficult to use. 
  4. taking the role of an aircraft into consideration for SP increase for repeated spawns should be a thing as well. spawning a Ground Attacker and then a Fighter shouldnt be as much of an increase as a second Ground Attacker in a single match, same as you spend more SP for a second heavy, but the second spawn being a medium tank is cheaper

this whole issue of CAS is a difficult area for balance, and one more point should be to differentiate between Air RB and GF RB BRs for planes.

take a look at the AD-4: its a ground attacker that always has ordnance. but its a plane geared towards attacking ground forces, and thus it should receive a different BR for GF RB, where its more potent than in Air RB. 

i really hope this is just a first step for a journey of rebalancing GF RB and CAS, and i know its no easy task to just up and change it all. a change is needed, this is a decent first step, but please dont stop now!

i know the holidays are upon us, but make this a priority (if it isnt), as you always advertise the game to be meant for COMBINED forces. i even have reached a point where i dont want a GF only mode anymore, but please dont let GF RB be focussed off of tanks!

medal medal medal medal

I think the majority of players would like to see the respawn point system done away with and just give us a set amount of spawns like we used to have. Everything ran so much smoother back then. I hear constant complaining about how helicopters spawning at the first of the match are ruining RB games, and players rushing to get early, easy points to spawn planes seem to effect the game play in ways that do not promote a good or fair match. If it is a ground forces match, simply require a ground vehicle to spawn first, before any aircraft. And for those that would simply "J" out to get into an aircraft...... give them a 3 minute timer if their tank dies too quick or is self imposed. The waiting will cost those players enough points it would not benefit them to try and get around the spawning requirements. Then EVERY player has the same amount of opportunities to play vehicles in each match. More fair and balanced to ALL players instead of catering to the few that manipulate the current meta. The whole idea of this RP gain for staying in the game longer is completely ruined by the respawn point system. I play mostly AB (the respawn point system is a major contributing factor in ground forces) and I have had plenty of games where I did not fare so well in the first vehicle or two but ended up with a good game, decent score and earnings off of what I did in the game with the last vehicle..... these things are impossible with the respawn point system in use currently. Players tend to leave the games too early as it is, this system only reinforces that in a bad way. Crafting your line up to work within the respawn point system instead of a good line up to grind other vehicles or modules or work a wager/booster just takes away too much control the players should have over what they can and want to play. ...... my 2 cents. Let's just make it simple again, it was always better. When they released naval and had implemented this respawn thing in there for ships..... oh lord I was horrified.... I had spent a good deal of money buying premiums to get early access and check things out and there it was in Arcade........ waste of time, waste of money on something I was enjoying but now ...... just let us play

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you for actually giving reserve vehicles an RP cost, however I wish that aircraft SP costs got lowered without ordnance because they're currently one of the only means to reliably counter helicopters, and for most nations are the only real option to do so. I feel as though the current SP costs still just purely benefit nations who can cap rush into helicopters as they're stronger than props and jets at killing ground forces by an entire order of magnitude, are receiving further buffs with AAMs and chaff, and yet somehow cost less SP despite this.

Cap rushing won't be done with either, previously it was 450 -> 670 -> ~690+ (from dying and other activities), now it's going to be 400 -> 620 -> 640+ (from dying and other activities), which is still sufficient for an ATGM helicopter and also still quite far from a fighter to adequately counter them for nations which lack helicopters. Personally I'd both lower the cost of aircraft that do not carry ordnance as well as possibly decrease the amount of SP gained from capture zones, given that's the central culprit.

Alternatively I'd suggest either having a dynamic SP cost for cap zones, with lower values early on and higher values later on, or setting some restriction early game where they provide no SP gain for a few minutes.

To me this just doesn't seem to be a fair dynamic nor one well considered for the health of top tier as it currently stands, I hope to see that change.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

new sounds seems broken, i feel like i hear them from far away even though it's just in front of me, and my sound regularly crashes. Please bring back the old ones :'(

And yes, you should increase ATGM helicopters cost even higher, or reduce the cost for jets that don't carry ordonnance

Edited by _Sprix_
typo

Hi,

Thanks great snail! 

Sha lala the beep is gone....

medal

Helicopters should cost 720 sp as they should be earned just like all other aircraft. As choosing a helicopter will earn the ability to be more effective against ground forces while staying out of range from ground aa whereas choosing an aircraft will allow for more air power at the expense of having a smaller pay load for ground targets, essentially balancing the main issue of top tier which is helicopter spam. 

medal

Hello, 

is here any particular reason on why the SP for planes was increased? It would be nice to get some info on why and how you came with this change. With current implementation its impossible to counter enemy team helicopters because with few kills I cannot select the plane to kill/counter enemy AH-1Z or Mi-35 and these helicopters have 16 rockets that are capable to fire outside AA range.

Why wouldn't you went with the same SP requirements for helicopters as for planes? To span in F4-JB VMF-232 you ask for 1K SP and for helicopters only ~half of that.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal