*HeshDealer

Kill assists not working?

Since update...

Im pummelling rounds and rounds  from my ZSU 23 4 into enemies planes and only getting hit marks, cos meme thunder, nothing new there.

But I used to get an assist reward if the plane was then shortly downed by someone else, but now its not registering my input?

Very frustrating as the shilka rounds are so weak they rarely down a bird so I was relying on assists to make it worth my while but now it’s become somewhat pointless.

Just me or perhaps a bug?

TheElite96 (Posted )

Moved to Army Academy
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *ben197cup said:

Since update...

Im pummelling rounds and rounds  from my ZSU 23 4 into enemies planes and only getting hit marks, cos meme thunder, nothing new there.

But I used to get an assist reward if the plane was then shortly downed by someone else, but now its not registering my input?

Very frustrating as the shilka rounds are so weak they rarely down a bird so I was relying on assists to make it worth my while but now it’s become somewhat pointless.

Just me or perhaps a bug?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah, the setting on fire things doesn't always work. Just set a Hs129 on fire in 2 places, someone else swooped in and took the kill and I got no assist.

This is a dumb change. Some kinds of module damage (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) don't count as criticals, like causing fuel, oil and coolant leaks. This is only going to encourage pain trains and the abandonment of the (usual) etiquette of letting a burning plane either die or have the fire go out before going in for the kill, cause it's no longer good enough to land hits on a plane anymore. Hell, this puts players even more at the mercy of RNGesus and the gods of ping. Who hasn't unloaded several hundred rounds into someone and either had them not register, or just 'hit-hit-hit'?

There was nothing wrong with the old system. It was fine, it didn't need fixing.

Edit: and probably more collisions as people get frustrated trying to get that kill cause all they're getting is hit-hit-hit......

Edit edit: And apparently 'damages to tail' doesn't count as a critical hit either. I'm not at all impressed with this new system.

Edited by MILESPARVUS
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, davinator791 said:

Not even normal kills are working, just shot half the wing to a F4U, then an F8F set on fire, another FJ-3B but they all crashed and got nothing. This new "kill system" it's just broken...

Yeah I was attacking an A36 for a while getting hits repeatedly he took a hit from an spaa put kept flying fine, when I eventually got enough hits to take his wing off, to my surprise the spaa from earlier got the kill

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The latest kill/assist changes are very frustrating and unfair.  I'm sure we have all noticed with the new system:  you are in a prolonged kill or be killed turn-fight, get a hit, then another, then his plane finally catches fire - "ah-a" you say,  "I got him!" - then someone else saunters in and puts one shot in him and gets credit for the kill - you get nothing.  This must be a bug, right?  Would anyone actually think this is a good idea?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

its not only not working @Stona what u posted, its now even worse in air RB THEN EVER. im playing WT for almost 6 years now, hundreds of euros already spent to gayjin... But this now will keep me away from WT if it doesnt get fixed. i brought dozens of friends to this game who did spent hundreds of euros too tho... but this now completely xxxx up the game. And not getting kills for shooting enemies when they die just seconds later is very annyoing, EPSECIALLY for a SHOOTERGAME. Idk any shootergame except WT where u dont get rewarded for almost killing the enemy. I have some footage here, that proofs that u do NOT get a kill or assist for critical hits or setting on fire: 

#1 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416259355931967488/570274731643764756/War_Thunder_Screenshot_2019.04.10_-_22.13.32.57.png

#2 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416259355931967488/570275261099016252/War_Thunder_Screenshot_2019.03.09_-_23.38.27.72.png

#3 https://gfycat.com/chubbyhalfhippopotamus

#4  https://gfycat.com/WaterloggedCrazyCuscus

that happens to me Multiple times A DAY. and its still not Fixed after months !!! 

if this wont get fixed hundreds of players will leave the game, not only me.. U should watch some streams of War Thunder how much EVERYONE is complaining about that.... 

I could fill a full tv series with 60 mins and dozens of examples every week...

So the Kill guaranting system in AIR RB is Actually the worst **** ein Air rb since 6 years WT and more than 25 years of computergaming at all....I never saw something that BAD killsystem in any shooter i played...

Edited by r0nnes
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am still laughing about this response Stona gave me under my feedback to the above linked post:

2019-04-24_15-23-45.thumb.jpg.0d6ed35d89

Ok, it might surprise devs or GMs, but we are actually not that stupid. We understand that as RB pilots we are not the hot topic anymore. After 6 years you look like you have nothing else to offer so we have nothing else to buy and thus we do not have much to talk about as we do not bring enough business because you are not bringing (almost literally) nothing new and also interesting into Air Battles at all (especially to those of us, who like WW2 era). So we are in this eternal circle of nothing.

And yet I would expect at least certain level of decency where Gaijin would at least try to make the basic mechanics of Air RB (kill credits, map balance, objectives being fair for both sides, no hard loss timers for any side on any map) work. If they would at least managed this (i.e. to make standard Air RB, that works), we can play long term without many problems. Then something like regular RB EC that fully works would make us quiet very fast for very long time (maybe even forever).

I can already see typical GM argument of "You are not speaking for the whole Air RB community". Oh but I am, I am speaking for every decent pilot, that has been playing and supporting your game for years already. You know, as our numbers regulary dwindle and there are less and less of us "Old Guards", we are more and more forced to look for each other, speak to each other and play with each other, because there is simply nobody else. Sure, I might not be speaking for the naive newbies, who are still at the begining of the steep, harsh learning curve and have no idea about many horrors that lie ahead and will test their loyalty to you. But I do speak for the core players (or what´s left of them), because from talking to many of them I believe that we all want the same - Air RB that works and does not stumble on basic gameplay mechanics like balance or fairness.

Sure, let´s even forget EC for now, which is btw the best game mode you have ever created and World War will never get even close to (saying this as WW tester). And let´s focus only on Air RB, but please, let´s focus at least on something. One single thing and lets mark it as a begining of a constructive dialogue and work towards making your oldest game mode (planes) at least decent to play, enjoy and have fun constantly.

Seeing the same topics about the same things in Air RB section for a year now without single response from any member of the team is really sad and planes (and old school pilots), which once kickstarted your efforts to create this game really do not deserve to be treated like that. And I have a hard time finding any logical reason besides pure greed that is making Gaijin to behave like that towards pilots, which is even more sad.

Edited by Kaizy
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal