Stona

Server Update 19.12.18

Questions on this update:

1. Do the 1 crit per target only applies to ground battles?
2. Does the crit damage still have the flawed timeout system? (In SB players often take longer than the timeout timer to actually be marked for death even if for example their tail control surfaces were shot off and thus are often marked as "crashed" instead. On the contrary players sometimes unfairly get kicked out of their aircraft when it is still repairable)
3. The last point hints that playermay receive the crit award, implying that multiple players can now receive an assist for a single target destroyed?
4. Is gaijin aware of many flaws in the kill creditation system? For example if you set a plane on fire and that fire deals major damage but then another player comes in a swoops dealing just enough damage to destroy the wingspar, the swooper steals the kill despite the plane having a very likely death as a result of the first player's actions.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I don't agree with these changes at all, how destroying the cannon or turret ring or even the engine not considered critical damage?

Another example on why this system doesn't make sense: If I kill only a commander and my enemy is still able to fire and he kills an ally this is considered critical damage and I'm rewarded even if my damage didn't disable the enemy and he killed an ally, if I take out his cannon and he is unable to fire and not a treat anymore, saving my ally, I'm not rewarded for critical damage.

There are multiple times where we are using a tank that is unable to pen an enemy (like facing an IS7) and disabling the cannon is what we can do most of the times, which allows us to buy time for other allies with better guns to take out the heavily armored target, how this is not considered critical damage? I think we should be rewarded because in a way we are neutralizing the enemy and helping the team.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

So is this why I got an assist even though i had the final kill shot on an enemy tank earlier? I Shot the tank first, then a friend shot the tank, then I hit him again he exploded and I received a kill assist while my friend got the kill. Also I agree with the above statements that this is a direct nerf to nations that predominantly use apds such as Britain in their ability to research new vehicles. So now on top of having one of the worst if not the worst mbts they also take longer to get.

Edited by sonicboom73
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Stona said:

The calculation of critical damage in ground-vehicle battles has been changed: now, rewards for critical damage will be received by players that knock enemy crew members unconscious, or sets them on fire.

Is this an inclusive statement of how 'critical damage' is defined, or an additional statement?

Put another way, does this statement replace any other/older ways 'critical damage' was defined in the past, and now there are exactly two conditions for crits?

On 19/12/2018 at 09:32, Stona_WT said:
  • If an enemy vehicle receives critical damage from multiple players before it is destroyed, each player that caused critical damage to the vehicle will receive an assist reward. 
  • If an enemy player ejects from their vehicle after critical damage has been caused by multiple players, those players will also receive assist rewards, and the last player that caused critical damage will be credited with destroying the vehicle.

Wait, this wasn't here before already? I think it was. These changes are rather confusing.

• Upvote 2
medal

I have to say it is one of the worst changes I have seen to the game so far (RB) and if you know me you should know I am not the guy who will easily complain about the game

• Immobilizing enemy tank by destroying track/engine/transmission, it get killed by a teammate -> No assist
  • Damaging enemy plane engine (thick water/oil cloud + smoke) and damaging the wing so it is barely maneuverable, it get killed by teammate -> No assist

In GF battles it is less noticeable as most of my hits actually kill some crew members or are one shot kills. Also there are more targets in battles

But with planes it is really frustrating to dogfight a guy making some damage each pass (no critical damage but damage heavy enough to dramatically affect performances) only to get the kill stolen by a teammate (before we could still get happy with an assist but now we get nothing)

I do not really see what was the point of this update and how it is supposed to improve the game. It can only amplify the "kill steal" phenomenon

Edited by ALIEN109
  • Upvote 5
medal medal

An addition to this patchnote

• Critical hits in air battles has been changed. All hits that affect flight performance of an aircraft are now recorded as critical.
    • One player may only deal one critical hit to an opponent.  
    • When a player’s aircraft is destroyed all players who dealt critical damage to an enemy receive an”assist”.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 14