Stona

Server Update 19.12.18

pzVI_B-h_x_is2-44_1000_a152942d47282f9f3

• The calculation of critical damage in ground-vehicle battles has been changed: now, rewards for critical damage will be received by players that knock enemy crew members unconscious, or sets them on fire.
  • A player will only be rewarded for critical damage on a particular enemy once. 
  • If an enemy vehicle receives critical damage from multiple players before it is destroyed, each player that caused critical damage to the vehicle will receive an assist reward. 
  • If an enemy player ejects from their vehicle after critical damage has been caused by multiple players, those players will also receive assist rewards, and the last player that caused critical damage will be credited with destroying the vehicle.

• Critical hits in air battles has been changed. All hits that affect flight performance of an aircraft are now recorded as critical.
    • One player may only deal one critical hit to an opponent.  
    • When a player’s aircraft is destroyed all players who dealt critical damage to an enemy receive an”assist”.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Stona said:
  • A player will only be rewarded for critical damage on a particular enemy once. 

41 minutes ago, xShurikeNx said:

Very nice changes :good:

disagree

• Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal

So that's how assists were nerfed in air battles, because the very same logic described is what happens in air since a week or so before 1.85 dropped. The change may be ok for tanks, but not for planes, where making a crit and not killing the plane is way harder. 

Either way, less assists delivered to players (now simple hits don't grant assists as before), so less RPs and longer grind (as if it wasn't bad enough...). Would be kind to revisit assist tasks conditions and rebalance RPs granted on assists given that now they will be harder to get.

Edited by _retro__gamer_
  • Upvote 22
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

finally, i hope this works constantly because i did critical many times in different games and the player just j out without me getting rewarded with tanks and planes 

Edited by belcaruss
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• The calculation of critical damage in ground-vehicle battles has been changed: now, rewards for critical damage will be received by players that knock enemy crew members unconscious, or sets them on fire.
  • If an enemy vehicle receives critical damage from multiple players before it is destroyed, each player that caused critical damage to the vehicle will receive an assist reward. 
  • If an enemy player ejects from their vehicle after critical damage has been caused by multiple players, those players will also receive assist rewards, and the last player that caused critical damage will be credited with destroying the vehicle.

Very welcome changes. However, YESTERDAY (12/18/2018 in Month/Day/Year) it felt like Kill Assists were turned off for aircraft, I got HITs  and even CRITs several times into enemy aircraft and would frequently not get rewarded with an assist.

• Upvote 12
medal medal

Why are you supporting this ? You do realize this is a hidden huge nerf for RP income right ?

Also :

1 hour ago, Stona said:

A player will only be rewarded for critical damage on a particular enemy once. 

Does it mean after the first critical we won't get anymore RP ?

This would be ridiculous, let's say i kill the radioman of a KT 105, i'm rewarded for my critical,

then i kill his gunner and save the life of a teammate, no reward,

then i shoot his driver so he can't espace from my team, no reward,

then i broke his gun because his gunner isnt back yet, no reward,

then someone finish him up, and i have the same exact same RP than after my very first hit ?

(Yes, you guessed it right, i'm shooting apds)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 16
medal medal medal medal

What if an enemy blows up after firing a broken cannon breach?

What happens if someone hits a blackened fuel tank for a third fire? who gets the kill?

• Upvote 4

what about destroying another players engine/transmission? the gun barrel or breech?

those are critical components for a tank to function - why dont they grant a "crit" anymore?

any why only a single crit per target? what if i play brits and need to surgically remove every single crewmember, taking 3+ shots? is only the first crewmember a critical loss, the others are just a nuissance?

sorry, but i dont like the execution of this change at all! its nice to see some "fine tuning", but this smells like a move to increase the grind, as less crits mean less SL/RP for players.

please reconcider this change and adjust it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Stona said:

pzVI_B-h_x_is2-44_1000_a152942d47282f9f3

Why should the last player get the credit for the kill? It should be the first. Odds are, the first player spotted the target, the rest then were alerted by either the gunfire, or the spot, to said target. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9
medal

I'd like to report a few texture and other mishaps with the Italian tanks i've encountered so far. Worry not, most of them are minor. The Italian ground vehicles are genuinely fun to play and since we're still technically in beta, it's perfectly normal that we see such things.

I'll give the unit name with its affiliated issues, I may expand on the list later on:

- M11/39: Track clipping with front left roadwheels (not the sprocket)

- L6/40: Suspension collapses at the front quite excessively. Risk of tumbling over the front going down a hill in some cases. rear idler wheels seem too stiff

- 47/32 L40: Same as the L6 for the suspension. The gun handling is rather cumbersome as a result of this but it also doesn't fit with the elevation parameters stated on the stat card. The -12° look more like a -1° or a -2°. This is probably due to the elevated standard position of the gun.

- M13 series and M15: The top machine gun is stuck in a elevated position compared to the cursor

- 75/18 M41: Top machine gun is offset to the left of the cursor

- 75/32 M41: Tracks not synchronised with ground speed.  Also it is somehow lighter than the 75/18 M41 despite the bigger gun?

I'll continue to report other mishaps I'll come across here or in other update threads. Thanks for your consideration!

Edited by geronimonimo
I forgot to mention the odd weight difference between the 75/18 M41 and the 75/32 M41 *second edit*: gun characteristics have just been fixed on the 75/32 M41

Stona (Posted )

Please use Technical Section for bug reports, thanks!
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't like the changes. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.I really do not see the need for these changes other that to limit your score. Perhaps if you would take the time to explain the rational for the changes, I would be onboard.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

What if an enemy blows up after firing a broken cannon breach?

What happens if someone hits a blackened fuel tank for a third fire? who gets the kill?

1) You will get the kill. So no changes here.

2) The one who ignited it last (in this example, player who did it 3rd time). So no changes here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bananaspilt said:

Does it mean after the first critical we won't get anymore RP ?

No.

2 hours ago, Happalula said:

what about destroying another players engine/transmission? the gun barrel or breech?

those are critical components for a tank to function - why dont they grant a "crit" anymore?

any why only a single crit per target? what if i play brits and need to surgically remove every single crewmember, taking 3+ shots? is only the first crewmember a critical loss, the others are just a nuissance?

sorry, but i dont like the execution of this change at all! its nice to see some "fine tuning", but this smells like a move to increase the grind, as less crits mean less SL/RP for players.

please reconcider this change and adjust it!

As far as I understand it will work as before. These mechanics are not needed to increase the reward for killing the crew and ignites to one player. It's necessary in order to give an assist and critical hit reward to everyone who killed the crew and ignite. For example, so that other players would not hurt to kill the "second" crew member.

• Like 1

I have one more "crazy" idea for Air battles.

• If an enemy vehicle (in this case plane) crashes after receivng any kind of critical damage during any point of the battle, when it is still damaged, the player who caused the critical damage will be credited with destroying the vehicle.

In other words, there will be NO cases of planes flat spinning for 3 minutes after getting critted and then not being credited to anybody and just crashing. Same goes for planes with critical damage that manage to run away and crash land on the airfield. Why is there a timer after which the kill credit disappears? What is the logic behind it? It is still my kill, even after 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 5 years. Is it that if the damaged player manages to fly for another X minutes, it suggests that the damage caused by me is not so severe and thus I do not deserve kill credit? Cause that is pure nonsense.

Also, if you wanna make changes for assists in tank games, keep it in tank games. The amount of cases where players obviously critically damaged a plane (set it on fire, shot whole elevator off) and then afterwards did not receive a kill credit nor even an assist is simply too much since last week or so. Had a game last Friday with 200% RP booster on, where I:

1) Critically damaged a plane that crashed into the ground after about 15-20 seconds. Kill credit went to a player who critted it before me and I did not get an assist.

2) Set on fire enemy plane, which received couple critical damages from it, put it out and then was destroyed by other player who got the credit + again, I did not get an assist.

3) Gave about 3 critical damages to enemy bomber, who was then destroyed by other player. For the third time I was robbed and did not received any assist.

You can probably imagine how wonderful, fair and fun this battle felt. Since then, every game there is at least one issue with assists not being credited as they should. Wonder if it is bug report worthy, or this madness is actually what devs wanted to achieve. Either way, it is horrendous and it is average players who are getting punished by this most as they are not getting even the assist they used to when better players got all the air kills. Plus of course it causes a lot more toxicity because a lot of average folks flying thing that they did not get kill/assist because all the players around them for sure somehow stole the kill.

Stona (Posted )

Listed changes are not related with Air Battles.
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Stona said:

Good to see some improvements to the kill/assist credit system, but if I understand them correctly, I do rather take issue with the changes described here.

1. If only fires and killed crew members contribute towards accruing critical hits, does that mean disabling shots such as breaking a tank's gun, shooting off a track, or knocking-out other essential modules will not contribute to an assist?  If that is the case, it would seem quite unfair, honestly, as a player could very much ensure that a teammate gets a kill without receiving any reward for doing so.
  2. Although it's somewhat unclear which, if any, of these items would apply to aircraft, however, I fear there may be significant detriment to air battles if any of them do.  While it's immensely frustrating to get one or several crits on a target and yet fail to receive any assists for it when it is shot down, I fear that requiring a critical hit on a target for a player to receive assist credit will be a net loss for players given that, in my estimation, a majority of the teamwork at play in Air RB consists of setting-up opponents so a friendly can kill them.  Given that maneuvering kills and assists are not credited in any way, and that therefore players must rely on damage they caused to get any credit for their work (damage which might be very minor), it sounds like this system would make it significantly harder to get assists in the air. 

In short, it seems like the flavor of these changes is to make it so that assists are given for critical contributions towards killing an enemy player, but it seems to me that the actual effect would be much the opposite.  As far as I can tell, these changes would remove assist credit for a great number of actions that would contribute significantly to killing an enemy vehicle.  Perhaps I'm simply misunderstanding what is written, but I think it needs some work.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

1) You will get the kill. So no changes here.

2) The one who ignited it last (in this example, player who did it 3rd time). So no changes here.

2) What if person 'A' sets the target on fire for the third time, then after that person 'B' critical hits his radio operator, will A or B get the kill? 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't really understand why this was implemented. The system seemed to be working fine at the start of the last patch, and only encountered issues in the run up to 1.85. 

Will this in any way benefit the average player? Or will this be a nerf to tanks that take multiple shots to kill the enemy? A tank with APHE might be able to one shot, and not get punished by a cap on critical hits, but tanks with APDS that often require hitting the enemy several times to kill them, will now get less rewards since critical hits provided greater rewards than regular hits.

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, vonTrepka said:

2) What if person 'A' sets the target on fire for the third time, then after that person 'B' critical hits his radio operator, will A or B get the kill? 

The one who get rid the last crew member (second last, because vehicle needs at least 2, right?) , same as it was till now.

• Like 1

Listed changes are not related with Air Battles.

and how changes affect planes in ground battles? to get  frag on a plane we need to kill pilot?
(critically dmged plane crashes - no kill credit, helicopter with no engine and going down burning not give kill credit)
and why only 1 crit per player? no more multiple critical hits on 1 enemy tank?
  • Upvote 1