OTOMATIC SPAAG: Belated Perfection

3 minutes ago, Redberseker said:

They even contraddict theyr own rules for hullbreak.....

They already did that with the M247 - it has Hullbreak, but not the FV4005, or even better, the IKV91 has no hullbreak, which has not even 10mm armor . 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, BeriY_ said:

They already did that with the M247 - it has Hullbreak, but not the FV4005, or even better, the IKV91 has no hullbreak, which has not even 10mm armor . 

What a mess....

3 minutes ago, Redberseker said:

They even contraddict theyr own rules for hullbreak.....

It's on the border as well as Centauro.

25 mm RHA.

Unfortunately, as this mechanics has nothing to do with real life, they can set whatever they want.

PS this mounth is xxxx G91YS, OTO, empty update, broken servers...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Italy getting the short end of the stick lately?

I was going to bring up the Centauros hull break too thank you

Pease tell me we have at least 1 alternative top tier AA available for gaijin to add that will be somewhat competitive.

SIDAM turret on a better hull perhaps with a better tracking radar, or god forbid.. search radar?

I refuse to go back to watching Mistrals just ..kinda give up mid flight and stop tracking, and I refuse to admit that thing belongs at 10.0 calling it top tier.

R.i.p. OTO

medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

This was datamined before the dev-server:

LVT (all), M8 Greyhound, ZTS-60, ZTS-63-I, AMD.35, AML 90, AMX 13 (all), AMX 13 DCA, CCKW, P.7.T, Flakpz. 38, Flakpz. I, Panzerjäger I, Nashorn, Marder III, Marder III H, Sd. Kfz. 221 (sPzB 41), Sd. Kfz. 234 (all), Sd. Kfz. 6/2, 8,8cm Fla.K. 37 (Sfl.), Sturmpanzer II, TAM, VFW, Waffenträger, AB.41, AB.43, AS.42, Fiat 6614, R3 T20 FA-HS, Breda 501, OTOMATIC, Ho-Ro, Na-To, Type 75 MLRS, Type 75 SPH, Type 87, Type 94, So-Ki, Ta-Se, Ikv 103, Ikv 72, Ikv 91 (turret and gun-mount), ItPsv 41, U SH (Typ 3Z 8DLa), Lvkv 42, Lvtdgb m/40, VEAK 40, AEC Mk. II, AEC Mk. II AA, Chieftain Marksman, Daimler AC, Centaur (FV 4005), Ram Mk. II (3.7-inch), Staghound AA, Mk. VIa AA, M3 GMC, M18 (all), M42, M56, T92, ASU-57, Ba-11, BM-13N, BT-7, BTR-152A, GAZ AAA (4M), GAZ AAA (DShK), GAZ MM (72-K), PT-76B, SU-57, SU-5-1, ZiS-12 (94-KM), ZiS-30, ZiS-43, YaG-10 (29-K), ZSU-37, ZUT-37 – received hullbreak, or if already had it, more parts will cause hullbreak.

So, probably all of them will have hullbreak next update.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

Italy getting the short end of the stick lately?

I was going to bring up the Centauros hull break too thank you

Pease tell me we have at least 1 alternative top tier AA available for gaijin to add that will be somewhat competitive.

SIDAM turret on a better hull perhaps with a better tracking radar, or god forbid.. search radar?

I refuse to go back to watching Mistrals just ..kinda give up mid flight and stop tracking, and I refuse to admit that thing belongs at 10.0 calling it top tier.

R.i.p. OTO

The only possible addition for top tier Italy SPAA is the Draco. OTOMATIC-like hull on a Centauro chassis. Pros: very fast, will be able to fire guided proxy-fuzed APHEFSDS rounds. Cons: hullbreak and no search radar.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

The only possible addition for top tier Italy SPAA is the Draco. OTOMATIC-like hull on a Centauro chassis. Pros: very fast, will be able to fire guided proxy-fuzed APHEFSDS rounds. Cons: hullbreak and no search radar.

Draco was a mock-up. It never fired. The whole thing besides the hull which is taken from a Centauro is fake.
I doubt gaijin will give us paper vehicles, especially ones like the Draco that if added would probs be given guided munitions.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

Draco was a mock-up. It never fired. The whole thing besides the hull which is taken from a Centauro is fake.
I doubt gaijin will give us paper vehicles, especially ones like the Draco that if added would probs be given guided munitions.

Wait, even the Draco turret is a mockup? Are you sure you aren't mistaking it for the Centauro 155/39?

1 hour ago, Dr_Pavel said:

Wait, even the Draco turret is a mockup? Are you sure you aren't mistaking it for the Centauro 155/39?

No. I’m not mistaken it. There were some moving parts for displays, but that is as far as it went. Main reason it stays a mock up is because the Italian army hasn’t shown any interest in buying it. Same with the Centauro 155/39, no interest in buying it so both vehicles haven’t been touched ever since. 

medal medal

2 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

No. I’m not mistaken it. There were some moving parts for displays, but that is as far as it went. Main reason it stays a mock up is because the Italian army hasn’t shown any interest in buying it. Same with the Centauro 155/39, no interest in buying it so both vehicles haven’t been touched ever since. 

My day has been ruined once again and my life is a lie. 

Edited by Dr_Pavel
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dr_Pavel said:

My days has been ruined once again and my life is a lie. 

I’m sorry bro, I know how you feel, when I found out it was really eye opening, due to a lot of websites claiming different things a lot of miss information has spread so I don’t blame anyone for believing it since I did too at one point. 

Gaijin basically screwed over Italy with this OTOMATIC nerf. 

medal medal

2 hours ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

oof that's rough. is there any radar guided SAM for italy? hitting a heli with a pilot who has half a brain is near impossible and a fast jet is hopeless. with out the otomatic being  able to kill atgms and act like a CIWS it makes it on of the more lack luster SPAA imo (even though every one says it's op. people say a lot of Italian vehicles are op that imo aren't)

medal medal

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

oof that's rough. is there any radar guided SAM for italy? hitting a heli with a pilot who has half a brain is near impossible and a fast jet is hopeless. with out the otomatic being  able to kill atgms and act like a CIWS it makes it on of the more lack luster SPAA imo (even though every one says it's op. people say a lot of Italian vehicles are op that imo aren't)

There’s one SAM that I made a suggestion for, but I don’t think it has radar, it’s called the Iveco Polyphem Carrier, it’s basically very similar to the Type 93, this however can also engage ground targets so it would be decent.  

medal medal

35 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

I’m sorry bro, I know how you feel, when I found out it was really eye opening, due to a lot of websites claiming different things a lot of miss information has spread so I don’t blame anyone for believing it since I did too at one point. 

Gaijin basically screwed over Italy with this OTOMATIC nerf. 

That made me realise Italy has no more possible modern additions apart from the Centauro 2 and Dardo and its variants. I mean, there's also the various Freccia/SuperAV but those are more of support vehicles and not tanks you build your lineup around.  The cons of playing a nation with a really small military budget I guess. 

Edited by Dr_Pavel
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

No. I’m not mistaken it. There were some moving parts for displays, but that is as far as it went. Main reason it stays a mock up is because the Italian army hasn’t shown any interest in buying it. Same with the Centauro 155/39, no interest in buying it so both vehicles haven’t been touched ever since

Draco isn't a mockup.

Turret is made of armored steel.

Unless you can prove with docs that is not completed or something like that.

Edited by Redberseker
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

That made me realise Italy has no more possible modern additions apart from the Centauro 2 and Dardo and its variants. I mean, there's also the various Freccia/SuperAV but those are more of support vehicles and not tanks you build your lineup around.  The cons of playing a nation with a really small military budget I guess. 

well there are some interesting other additional support type vehicles. Italy will never have the best of the best stuff but they can have some very unique things that may not be able to have a line up to be build around them but can help to build around a line up.

medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 14:14, Conflux59 said:

R.i.p. OTO

Meh, the OTOMATIC is doing just fine.

It's my most liked SPAAG atm, and really powerful. Can't say that the hullbreak has affected me negatively - but then I use it mainly from the rear, and rarely encounter other tanks.

But the gun and its fused shells are awesome! Had a great game recently with 6 air kills in RB, most at distances over 4km, e.g. helis hovering just over the trees: I was behind a shallow hill, with only the radar protruding, and together with binocs (to estimate the ground-clutter induced offset of the aiming predictor), i could easily shoot them down.

• 1 month later...

Haven't played the OTO in a while but I just took it out for a test drive and it seems it lost its optronic FCS, it's no longer locking on to planes with the radar retracted.

Can anyone else confirm this?

medal medal

5 minutes ago, zman901 said:

Haven't played the OTO in a while but I just took it out for a test drive and it seems it lost its optronic FCS, it's no longer locking on to planes with the radar retracted.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Yeah it's been gone since the last patch drop IIRC. Same goes to the Type 87 and probably some other SPAAG's

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Yeah it's been gone since the last patch drop IIRC. Same goes to the Type 87 and probably some other SPAAG's

that's a bigger nerf than the turret hullbrealk, any idea if it's intentional or a bug?

medal medal

6 minutes ago, zman901 said:

that's a bigger nerf than the turret hullbrealk, any idea if it's intentional or a bug?

vaguely remember seeing a patch note talking about it, I'd have to look for it though. If I'm right, then it's probably intentional.

@LordMustang Do you know anything about this?

11 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

vaguely remember seeing a patch note talking about it, I'd have to look for it though. If I'm right, then it's probably intentional.

This is the only recent change to radars that I know of

medal medal

8 minutes ago, zman901 said:
Spoiler

This is the only recent change to radars that I know of

Those might be the patch notes I'm thinking of. It's been a hot minute so I'm not 100% sure, I'm really sorry I can't give you anything concrete. All I know is that the OTOMATIC has been like this for some time now.