OTOMATIC SPAAG: Belated Perfection

14 hours ago, PlumleyBT said:

Lol what?

And since when OTO is supposed to oneshot everything it shoot at?

The planes in the clip are from the test drive. They are SLOW and they are moving predictably. They should be able to be one-shot. Top tier player aircraft and helis are much harder to hit, let alone kill, since they're actively playing and trying to stay alive. So take what you see in his clip, and multiply it by 3-5x to get a feel for how difficult it will be to kill actual player aircraft. The OTO simply doesn't have enough shells in the ready rack anymore to even kill 1 or 2 player controlled aircraft with how nerfed HE-MOM is.

What's the most frustrating is there have now been 2 "stealth" nerfs to the OTO. One to its HE-MOM ammunition, and another very recently to its (and other <77mm "subcaliber") APFSDS. Both with no mention in an update or changelog. Yet the BR, repair cost, or other factors (i.e., ammunition restrictions) have not been changed. I don't necessarily disagree with the subcaliber APFSDS nerf, except for the fact that it shouldn't apply to the OTO or Rooikat (and maybe HSTVL?), since they have the same diameter and length longrod penetrators, just like in MBTs (it's just that the cartridge is a smaller diameter). I agree with the nerf being applied to the AUBL, and the Swedish 9040s/9056, which have smaller and more anemic penetrator rods.

So with the OTO now being ineffective in both an AA and AT role.. what's the point of the vehicle? All I want is a top tier AA vehicle effective enough to support the team. If they want to nerf the OTO into the ground, that's fine - I'll take any new vehicle to fill its role, as long as I can actually support the team.

If anyone needs any additional evidence that the OTO is currently suffering hard, look no further than Thunder Skill for the past month or so (http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/it_otomatic):
Realistic Battles... 1729
Air frags per battle... 0.37
Air frags per death... 0.37
Ground frags per battle... 0.38
Ground frags per death... 0.4

OTO's air frags per death was >1.0 just over a month ago in 1.97. All other 10.3 SPAAGs have >1.0 air frags per death. Even the Stormer, often cited as one of the worst AAs, has 0.75 air frags per death.

Edited by RaindropBebop
medal medal medal

I'm not saying that your experience isn't true.

Neither OTO is equally effective as it was when introduced.

But it returned to be reliable. 

I one shoted an F4 going supersonic, and the last kills I made with it, it took no more than 3 rounds to shot down both helis and fast moving targets.

I think its already overtired at 10.3 with SPAA surface-to-air missiles meta.

You can easily kill tanks, i dont want it to be overpowered again to have GJ drag it to 10.7.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Vaiolo00 said:

Let's not talk about the fact that HE-MOM are triggered by rockets and missiles, this means that if an aircraft is shooting rockets/ATGMs at you, you can't fight back.

Except the fact the rate of fire isn't even near to the OTO 76mm and if you keep to have MOM defeated repeatedly by rockets and ATGMs you are doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, PlumleyBT said:

Except the fact the rate of fire isn't even near to the OTO 76mm and if you keep to have MOM defeated repeatedly by rockets and ATGMs you are doing it wrong.

Rockets and ATGMs don't explode when the MOM explode, this means that a single missile can trigger an infinite amount of shells, no matter how many of them you shoot.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Vaiolo00 said:

Rockets and ATGMs don't explode when the MOM explode, this means that a single missile can trigger an infinite amount of shells, no matter how many of them you shoot.

2 hours ago, PlumleyBT said:

and if you keep to have MOM defeated repeatedly by rockets and ATGMs you are doing it wrong.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, PlumleyBT said:

How so? ATGMs work as mobile barriers for the heli launching them. 

14 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

How so? ATGMs work as mobile barriers for the heli launching them. 

I never experienced this in first person, but ATGMs are mobile barriers, this mean you can dodge their path just adjusting your gun or move a bit your tank.

The only real issue here is that otomatic rounds are visible to everyone even from the front with unrealistic tracers and smoke trails.

15 hours ago, Vaiolo00 said:

Stop blaming players for a game problem, that's not how it should work.

You must forgive me if I never got my rounds defeated by rockets and ATGMs

• Confused 1

On 19/07/2020 at 10:01, PlumleyBT said:

ATGMs are mobile barriers, this mean you can dodge their path just adjusting your gun

In order to better MISS the target? 

On 19/07/2020 at 10:01, PlumleyBT said:

or move a bit your tank.

Except the missile will turn to follow you. 

I would be OK if the HE-MOM going off would actually destroy the ATGM (like it's supposed to do), but that's not the case atm. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the radar folding/stowage animations gimped for anyone else?

I'm seeing it halt at any point in its rotation instead of finishing its turn to become parallel with the rear of the turret. 

Basically it's a massive clipping issue now and it looks fairly silly imo considering how large/wide it is.

It was working correctly until recently.

Edited by Conflux59
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

Is the radar folding/stowage animations gimped for anyone else?

I'm seeing it halt at any point in its rotation instead of finishing its turn to become parallel with the rear of the turret. 

Basically it's a massive clipping issue now and it looks fairly silly imo considering how large/wide it is.

It was working correctly until recently.

Yes, but it's been here for a quite a long time. Bug remains on the devserver btw.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

They are adding hullbreak instead...

o_o

I didnt see that note yet ...and I'm not going to ask if you're serious or if it's confirmed ...because my heart knows the truth.

welp, taking into account the vehicles massive size and obserd manner in which other vehicles get hullbroken still, I will say.. it's been fun OTOMATIC.  I'll miss you.

Edited by Conflux59
medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

it's confirmed

got hullbroken by Ka-50 on the dev-server

Also this:

"OTOMATIC - “Hull destruction” functionality has been added for the turret. "

Edited by _Condottiero_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

"OTOMATIC - “Hull destruction” functionality has been added for the turret. "

They even contraddict theyr own rules for hullbreak.....