OTOMATIC SPAAG: Belated Perfection

2 hours ago, AraMacao said:

Why does the sabot round have such poor accuracy? Feels like an arbitrary nerf. When you fire this thing at long distances it feels like a stock L7 all over again

Because that's what it is, for balancing purposes (unless there's a case study on the accuracy of the 76/62 that I'm not aware of). 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pavel said:

Because that's what it is, for balancing purposes (unless there's a case study on the accuracy of the 76/62 that I'm not aware of). 

Time ago Blubeta said that the otomatic apfsds were nerfed for balancing purpose

medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, Grimbergen95 said:

Time ago Blubeta said that the otomatic apfsds were nerfed for balancing purpose

The best part IMHO is when you try to shoot down an ATGM fired at you, it triggers the proximity fuse of your HE-MOMs making them go off, but the missile is totally unaffected. 

Balancing, balancing everywhere. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Serpiko82 said:

The best part IMHO is when you try to shoot down an ATGM fired at you, it triggers the proximity fuse of your HE-MOMs making them go off, but the missile is totally unaffected. 

One of the most frustrating things that can happen in the game

medal medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pavel said:

I guess rhey did the same to źsu-57-2. Those bullets go all over the place as well.

1 hour ago, Serpiko82 said:

Gotta aim lower, the HE fragmentation isn't reaching the missile

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Serpiko82 said:

Nah, the best part is to forget you have APFSDS on, shooting an enemy heli/plane and downing him anyway. 

1 hour ago, lVrizl said:

Gotta aim lower, the HE fragmentation isn't reaching the missile

Of course the blast isn't reaching the missile. But how is aiming lower supposed to help? The fragmentation area is either a sphere or a cone pointing forward in the flight path of the shell (not sure right now). Either case, it supposedly doesn't blast upwards any more than downwards or to the sides. 

What good is aiming lower, if the missile is already too far behind the shell (outside the area of effect) by the time it explodes?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/09/2019 at 08:25, Grimbergen95 said:

I don't remember this, the only thing "nerfed" was the penetration after the new system from the dev server.

1 hour ago, Ruthless95 said:

what button retracts OTO's radar?

You have to configure it. I've chosen ctrl+R

2 hours ago, BlueBeta said:

You have to configure it. I've chosen ctrl+R

Sorry for off-topic, but why am I getting notices about your and other forum stuff posts(@gromvoiny message for example in 1.93 Rumor thread) 1-2 hours after you actually write your post?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 25/09/2019 at 16:21, _Condottiero_ said:

Isn't it losing accuracy because of the barrel overheating?

Nah, accuracy was nerfed without notice some time after release for APFSDS specifically, will randomly throw shots into the sunset.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Could a real life otomatic switch between ammo types as easily as we do in game? It looks like it has a single magazine so it's wierd that you can just pick and choose between ammo types at any time. Sounds more like you would have to empty the magazine and fill it with the new ammo you want.

1 hour ago, AraMacao said:

Could a real life otomatic switch between ammo types as easily as we do in game? It looks like it has a single magazine so it's wierd that you can just pick and choose between ammo types at any time. Sounds more like you would have to empty the magazine and fill it with the new ammo you want.

I don't think it wouldn't be possible to switch as easily as we do, but that's one of the irl limitations that would be nothing but a nuisance in game (think about autoloaders on soviet tanks, if you were shooting APFSDS and wanted to switch to HE, and the first HE round was on the opposite side of the carousel, the reload time would be dreadful). 

I guess the autoloader would be paused while the human loader got busy with APFSDS or something similar? Can't really figure out how else it would work as the magazine for Otomatic looks more like a belt feed.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

38 minutes ago, pasiasd said:

I guess the autoloader would be paused while the human loader got busy with APFSDS or something similar? Can't really figure out how else it would work as the magazine for Otomatic looks more like a belt feed.

This is the loading mechanism of the same gun just naval version. Grantes, it's quite different on the OTOMATIC, but you get the idea.

• Thanks 1

Ah i guess that once the carousel is loaded you cant switch between ammo types unless the loader manually pull out and reloads the ammo. 

There are some guns that have their carousels loaded with differet type of ammo and the gunner can select it but this kills the ROF, some naval guns and howitzers iirc. But thats not the case on OTOMATIC.

Its a game thing.

Edited by PlumleyBT

On 15/10/2019 at 18:17, AraMacao said:

Yes , ot has a double ammo loader system for each type of shell.

• Thanks 2

This may be a long shot: 

It appears that the HE-MOM, high explosive variable time fuze is actually a true proximity fuze rather than a timed fuze giving proximity effect. Does anyone know if this is realistic and have any references for this?

I ask because, at the moment, the HE-MOM will still work as a proxy fuze without ranging data from the tracking radar. If this is the case, what would stop the shell fuzing on trees/buildings?

Full disclosure, Im looking into this with an aim to bug report the issue, in light of this it may be possible for the otto to stay at 9.3.

1 hour ago, Shirazz said:

This may be a long shot: 

It appears that the HE-MOM, high explosive variable time fuze is actually a true proximity fuze rather than a timed fuze giving proximity effect. Does anyone know if this is realistic and have any references for this?

I ask because, at the moment, the HE-MOM will still work as a proxy fuze without ranging data from the tracking radar. If this is the case, what would stop the shell fuzing on trees/buildings?

Full disclosure, Im looking into this with an aim to bug report the issue, in light of this it may be possible for the otto to stay at 9.3.

And give helis total immunity when flying low? Please don't.