OTOMATIC SPAAG: Belated Perfection

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2020 at 20:01, LordMustang said:

If you can back up this claim with documents or other evidence, then I can ask for a reconsideration.

Any update on optoelectronic FCS issue? After february tech tree changes it is going to be rank 7 end of line SPAA that costs 1030000 SL to purchase and 400000 RP to research. Would be nice if it got it's performance back as such.

medal

4 hours ago, pancake_addict said:

Any update on optoelectronic FCS issue? After february tech tree changes it is going to be rank 7 end of line SPAA that costs 1030000 SL to purchase and 400000 RP to research. Would be nice if it got it's performance back as such.

no lolScreenshot_20210217-092109.thumb.png.f17

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Also, anyone noticed a change in the prox fuse shells lately?

Have played the OTOMATIC a bit yesterday, and had an unusually hard time getting hits even on relatively easy targets, targets that I'd usually down with a single 3 shell burst...

12 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

I'm afraid you'll get no response other than cricket noises.

i've added some more stuff as reply to the report, i think it will help to the fix giving more and different sources about the optronic system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Welp,looks like this gonna stay in limbo for a long time,nice to see other bug reports receiving responses by @LordMustang in just a matter of a day or two.

Italian top tier is gonna be in a pretty sorry state once more nations start getting their hands on better ammunition, armor and anti air systems.All gaijin has to do to make Italy top tier even worth considering and grinding for is to not leave the few vehicles, that make it worthwhile, in a gimped state such as the Otomatic.There are so many things wrong with this thing it's not even funny. I wouldn't even be constantly caterwauling about the otomatic if there was an alternative to it,but since the mistrals are so unbelievably crap and the lack of Radar guided SAMs  make me inclined to do so.

For Posterity-

• no optical tracking system.
  • shells have tracers
  • Hull ammo storage isn't configurable and if made so,APFSDS limit should be altered
  • helicopter launched ATGMs immune to HE-MOM shells
  • incorect penetration on SAPOM shells

feel free to add more,these are the ones i could list off the top of my head.

idk if anyone has made a bug report on the MOM-heli atgm issue,but i'm certain that if anyone goes onto to do so,the devs are not only going to reject it but are also going to take way the otomatic's ability to lock onto Heli-borne ATGMs on the pretext of it being a land based variant of the oto melara 76.

As it stands right now,I believe the Otomatic shares the throne with the hstv-l for the title of the most gimped vehicles in the game.

sucks to see top tier Italy in this state,and to rub salt on the wound,Italy now always fights alongside the USA whose teams are half filled with one death quitters,i'm sure this was done so that Italy's artificially Inflated win rate as a result of fighting alongside Germany tanks but anyways... this is a topic for another conversation.

sorry if this looks like a rant,just a little frustrated is all.

Edited by xxlightsabrexx
  • Like 2
medal

8 minutes ago, xxlightsabrexx said:

Welp,looks like this gonna stay in limbo for a long time,nice to see other bug reports receiving responses by @LordMustang in just a matter of a day or two.

Italian top tier is gonna be in a pretty sorry state once more nations start getting their hands on better ammunition, armor and anti air systems.All gaijin has to do to make Italy top tier even worth considering and grinding for is to not leave the few, vehicles that make it worthwhile, in a gimped state such as the Otomatic,there are so many things wrong with this thing it's not even funny. I wouldn't even be constantly caterwauling about the otomatic if there was an alternative to it,but since the mistrals are so unbelievably crap and the lack of Radar guided SAMs  make me inclined to do so.

For Posterity-

• no optical tracking system.
  • shells have tracers
  • Hull ammo storage isn't configurable and if made so,APFSDS limit should be altered
  • helicopter launched ATGMs immune to HE-MOM shells
  • incorect penetration on SAPOM shells

feel free to add more,these are the ones i could list off the top of my head.

idk if anyone has made a bug report on the MOM-heli atgm issue,but i'm certain that if anyone goes onto to do so,the devs are not only going to reject it but are also going to take way the otomatic's ability to lock onto Heli-borne ATGMs on the pretext of it being a land based variant of the oto melara 76.

As it stands right now,I believe the Otomatic shares the throne with the hstv-l for the title of the most gimped vehicles in the game.

sucks to see top tier Italy in this state,and to rub salt on the wound,Italy now always fights alongside the USA whose teams are half filled with one death quitters,i'm sure this was done so that Italy's artificially Inflated win rate as a result of fighting alongside Germany tanks but anyways... this is a topic for another conversation.

sorry if this looks like a rant,just a little frustrated is all.

I've found a source stating that the OTOMATIC's APFSDS should have ever so slightly higher muzzle velocity and the turret face should be 70mm thick. However, I'm not sure about how reliable of a source it is and it's still under review with @BlueBeta

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pavel said:

I've found a source stating that the OTOMATIC's APFSDS should have ever so slightly higher muzzle velocity and the turret face should be 70mm thick. However, I'm not sure about how reliable of a source it is and it's still under review with @BlueBeta

Where from? a military magazine or just anecdotal accounts? in either case i'm pretty sure it's just gonna be taken with a grain of salt.:dntknw:

medal

Just now, xxlightsabrexx said:

That's actually pretty cool! these changes if implemented would give the Otomatic a shell faster than all m829 iterations.pretty sick,and RID is pretty legit.

True enough, but it's not a primary source so I should find another one stating the same, which is WAYYYYY easier said than done. There's virtually no authoritative material about it anywhere on the net. 

On 26/02/2021 at 12:45, Dr_Pavel said:

True enough, but it's not a primary source so I should find another one stating the same, which is WAYYYYY easier said than done. There's virtually no authoritative material about it anywhere on the net. 

So I just noticed that the value you found is actually close to the one Gaijin is using for the Rooikat and I know that Gaijin considers them the same round

rooikat-min.thumb.jpg.54146efed632a455de

medal medal