Stona

Update 11.12.2018 (1.83.1.18)

Maintenance%20Heli1.jpg

• Helicopter FM changes:
    • Helicopter behaviour after a respawn has been corrected, as well as the bugs that caused damage to a vehicle.
    • Calculation of ground effect has been improved. Surface topography influence on the air cushion and its distribution from the centre of the rotor to the end of a blade is made in a circular fashion.
    • Transmission performance has been updated.
    • Inertia and mass of the main and the anti torque rotors have been corrected.
    • The characteristics of the rotors with blades anchored to the bushes on the main rotor hub (control and gyroscopic moments have been increased, angles of the equivalent flap of the main rotor have been reduced for BO-105, AH-1Z) have been updated.
    • Gliding performance in auto-rotation has been corrected.  

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

With ground effect being modeled in helicopters, does this mean it will be implemented in planes as well? 

1/2 wingspan length becomes the height over ground where better gliding and lower stall speeds occur

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just went into a steep dive in my Bo 105 and destroyed my engine within seconds while I was simply picking up speed.... I can't think that this is supposed to work like that. I got lucky that I was able to autorotate to the helipad to repair.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Wish they add heli in EC - Simulator

it's worth it cause of mission for destroying ground targets

and airfields should have some sort of missile protection...

or like another AAA that destroy missiles before it gets there

If not then just call it super future GENeration AAA protection.

The problem which occured after update 1.83.1.13 that one could not see the missiles after firing to guide them has not been fixed. I filed a bug report but nobody has looked at it yet.
I contacted support about that and they say one should wait for the mod. What can we do if the mod does not work???

medal medal medal medal

The steering seems to have random effects on my heli, unguided rockets apear 50m left of my heli out of nowthere and yout are unable to aim on target with crossair.

--> re-patch or fix this update ASAP

medal

One of the last few patches seems to have broken the helicopter gunner view somehow (for me anyway).

Previously, on entering the gunner view (using the "Toggle View" control) the view was always properly centered. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore - on switching the view is always rotated randomly (and with no apparent relation to pilot's view either). You have to center the view manually (by using "Missile control axis" control) first and even then, the view tends to move randomly for some reason with no player's input whatsoever.

I also had the feeling like even when I managed to keep the gunner view semi-centered for a while, the rockets fired were nowhere to be seen where I had expected them. Like they were flying in a completely nonsensical direction or were invisible or something.

This is all about the sim mode, obviously, and the heli in question is AH-1G.

I'm attaching my latest clog file, in case a moderator wants to turn this into a bug report.

2018_12_12_20_34_47__4864.clog

medal