BR 3.0 chamges things...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/08/2020 at 09:52, [email protected] said:

Navy has bots even at the highest tier AB or RB

I miss the biplanes fights when WT first came out.  I didn't realize there as a bot filled ground mode...probably more action than any RB ground mode sees

Navy has bots because it lacks players. IMHO Gaijin has a too strict progression model (particularly in Naval) and players won't invest in naval...so bots are used as fillers. This may eventually happen in other modes if player numbers dwindle...

I never saw bots in Air or Ground in AB and up to BR6...

There were bots in Ground...noticeable as they would behave like lemmings and drive into houses, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time...(not sure if this ever got fixed)

I never did like the ectic biplane fights much, BUT i sometimes miss them...were fun sometimes...not even sure what will happen if i try a biplane lineup now...

Edited by [email protected]

On 01/10/2020 at 16:14, [email protected] said:

Navy has bots because it lacks players. IMHO Gaijin has a too strict progression model (particularly in Naval) and players won't invest in naval...so bots are used as fillers. This may eventually happen in other modes if player numbers dwindle...

I never saw bots in Air or Ground in AB and up to BR6...

There were bots in Ground...noticeable as they would behave like lemmings and drive into houses, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time...(not sure if this ever got fixed)

I never did like the ectic biplane fights much, BUT i sometimes miss them...were fun sometimes...not even sure what will happen if i try a biplane lineup now...

Another reason naval needs bots is because they loose to many naval beginners because Gaijin does the same mistake with naval like they did with tanks. That is including player controlled planes. When you start naval you get a thin skinned bathtub and the way to win a match is to get into a plane and bomb/shot the enemy back to spawn. At some point a beginner wonders:" why the *kitten* am I playing a naval mode with a boat I don't care and planes that dominate every thing,... what is the point(it has none)? "

Today you have players asking Gaijin for a tank only mode, but get the somewhat reasonable answer that tanks don't have enough players(anymore). Here one can argue if they did introduce mixed and tank only battles in the past, would the total number of players today be higher? What would happen if they expanded their coop/pve modes more?

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 16:07, Crome said:

Another reason naval needs bots is because they loose to many naval beginners because Gaijin does the same mistake with naval like they did with tanks. That is including player controlled planes. When you start naval you get a thin skinned bathtub and the way to win a match is to get into a plane and bomb/shot the enemy back to spawn. At some point a beginner wonders:" why the *kitten* am I playing a naval mode with a boat I don't care and planes that dominate every thing,... what is the point(it has none)? "

Today you have players asking Gaijin for a tank only mode, but get the somewhat reasonable answer that tanks don't have enough players(anymore). Here one can argue if they did introduce mixed and tank only battles in the past, would the total number of players today be higher? What would happen if they expanded their coop/pve modes more?

Massive assumption. Remove that assumption and you are left with just a vague opinion.

Most players like planes or at least deal with them. Planes are not what killed Naval. Planes aren't killing Ground RB or AB. Maybe for some players, but not all.

On 03/10/2020 at 13:14, SpardaSon21 said:

Gee, maybe Gaijin should take steps to increase player satisfaction and retention, like listening to all of our complaints.

They did/do. Since every player is unique who chooses which idea is good or bad? Which player do you listen to? Are majorities always correct?

People wanted larger sea vessels, look at the mess. People wanted helis, look at the mess. People wanted thermals and modern MBTs, look at the mess.

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 20/10/2020 at 11:03, Deranger79 said:

Most players like planes or at least deal with them. Planes are not what killed Naval. Planes aren't killing Ground RB or AB. Maybe for some players, but not all.

On 20/10/2020 at 11:03, Deranger79 said:

Massive assumption.

medal medal medal

On 20/10/2020 at 10:03, Deranger79 said:

I like planes. I use planes in Naval and Ground AB. Oddly, i dont really play AIR anymore :)

HOWEVER...they should be fixed on some things...in Ground AB for instance they are used as one way missiles...and can find vulnerable targets far too easily...

I also believe you could have TANK ONLY events (or mode) for those that don't like tanks...i would play both, probably...

As to bots...i dont really mind them...depends on how many and what they do...but they didnt bother me when i was in begginer zone...

• Like 1