BR 3.0 chamges things...?

I have a question.  Newbie here.  So once you hit BR 3.0, in Ground (Army) and not face bots in Arcade Battles, will that affect Air and/or Naval battles too?  I mean will you stop seeing bots there as well?  The reason I ask is that I prefer to stay in the kiddie pool as long as I can, to learn as much as I can.  So, if I want to make sure I'm not tossed into the deep end in Air and Naval right away, do I need to go and do those battles to get experience before researching BR 3.0 in tanks?  I just hope that staying with Arcade Battles, beyond BR 3.0 and bots, is also helpful for limiting wait/queue times and not just the fact that it's the kiddie pool.  Thanks for the responses in advance.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

I was kicked UP (out of begginer zone) in AIRCRAFT when Me110C had its BR changed to 3.0 (in AB) by the development team some updates ago. In that update i suddenly had ONE BR3 vehicle and so my AIRCRAFT GAMES became instantly different.

The TANKS i had were all below BR3 and i was still in begginer zone in TANKS. I am 99% SURE that changing in planes didnt change in tanks.

When i later researched myself the T34 i was then moved out of begginer zone in tanks.

I had several vehicles in rank II (but below BR3) and WAS NOT moved out of begginer zone.

I had vehicles that were BR3 in RB or SB and was not moved out of begginer zone...only AB ratings were considered.

The change is very big and visible...you suddenly get different maps, different game modes and more players at the same time...and zero bots. Once you see it you will know you are there.

WARNINGS:

All PERSONAL EXPERIENCES i read in forum are the same as mine. All different descriptions are usually "hear say" or "not sure" descriptions.

I dont know and never read if you research a BR3 tank FIRST if it has an effect on aircraft begginer zone.

I do know both begginer zones are separated as i was for a while only on TANKS begginer zone.

Have no idea about ships...but i would guess there is no ship begginer zone.

This may have changed...there is no "official" thread on this. So thread carefully!

SUGGESTIONS:

Take YOUR time. The game isn't going anywhere and once OUT of begginer zone there is NO WAY back.

It is a steep change...players get instantly much better

It is worth going out...many more maps, better and more interesting vehicles and more challenging competition...BUT if done too soon it can be discouraging...

YOU WILL DIE A LOT...once out of begginer zone, a lot of things you were used to doing will mean instant death...BE READY for it.

(In planes...slowing down, headons, not looking back)

(In tanks...being out of cover, firing early and missing, rounding a corner quickly, not looking around)

The 3.0 BR threshold is no longer the case. I was kicked out of beginner zone EXACTLY at 100 battles. Seems they changed this "feature" several weeks ago. At the time I had nothing researched above 2.0. I only fly, so perhaps tanks is still using the 3.0 threshold... Just letting you know how it went for me. Cheers.

2 hours ago, *Thunder0010 said:

you squad up with anyone else before the 100 cause that can break the sandbox also

No, I didn't.  The only reason I really noticed it was because I had just reached 100 battles and then went from killing bots to getting murdered by spawn campers flying 2.0 lineups.  It was very eye-opening!

6 hours ago, *Thunder0010 said:

you squad up with anyone else before the 100 cause that can break the sandbox also

Squadded play is only a temporary leave, iirc.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, *BAMZ2317 said:

I've been play for a few weeks, so when do i play against real people? Im on 78 battles

As soon as you reach a 3.0 or higher vehicle, you will play against regular players. ATM, you do face a few humans and a lot of bots.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

As soon as you reach a 3.0 or higher vehicle, you will play against regular players. ATM, you do face a few humans and a lot of bots.

I just got kicked out of the beginner zone, about 97 missons and before i finished reserching a br 3.0 tank.

Edited by *BAMZ2317

27 minutes ago, *BAMZ2317 said:

I just got kicked out of the beginner zone, about 97 missons and before i finished reserching a br 3.0 tank.

We know there is another exit trigger these days too. You did trigger it before you took the 3.0 path.

2 hours ago, *BAMZ2317 said:

about 97 missons 

Like I said, they only give you about 100 missions now and then, boom... Welcome to the world of "everyone is so good all of a sudden!"

Are you SURE you left begginer zone???

In tanks you must have maps with 3 cap zones...

In planes you must have some games where you must conquer airfields...

In both...you should have opponents with BR3 vehicles...

There is a small bump INSIDE aircraft begginer zone where you start having bases as targets and opposition gets a little better...usually when you research a couple monoplanes...

Can't you be confusing this "bump" with leaving begginer zone???

And you ALWAYS have human opponents...in begginer zone SOME are bots...those with plain names like Chris, Ivan or something...but each team has AT LEAST one human...usuallly 5 or more...

Edit:

And if you think this bump is bad...well...I have worse news for you...the real transition will be painfull (I.e. WAY worse) :)

Edited by *GhostSoph

2 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

check if he is out... don't speculate...

How?

I need a description of game or screenshot of players list...something...

I see no BR3 vehicle...but the point is moot if this is no longer relevant

I just remembered the bump I mention...so I asked...

Edited by *GhostSoph

3 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Are you SURE you left begginer zone???

I went from 50/50 humans/bots to facing 16 humans flying much better aircraft and with several new maps. Almost every game now throws a couple level 100s at me. Please tell me there isn't another bump after this because... wow! Cheers!

2 hours ago, _GUN_Fighter said:

I went from 50/50 humans/bots to facing 16 humans flying much better aircraft and with several new maps. Almost every game now throws a couple level 100s at me. Please tell me there isn't another bump after this because... wow! Cheers!

Don't worry, there isn't another bump. You're now liable to face any player with a War Thunder account, even those with years of experience and thousands of missions under their belt.

Make sure you understand how Battle Rating and Matchmaker works (or else you will face too many superior aircraft).

medal medal medal

On 08/12/2018 at 20:52, _GUN_Fighter said:

Ok. Looks like the real thing...no bots, 16 players...

Something is different, though...you seem to have ONLY ground strike missions and still newbie maps...not what happened to me...i got instantly new maps and new mission types...

But i had BR2,7 and BR3 lineups...so perhaps this changes something...

I cant see replays on PC...just look at their description and player names...so not sure what planes are flying...

No reason to think you will get another bump...just gradual evolution as planes become faster and better...

Am curious on WHAT forced the "change"...100 missions seems a bit "short" (i had more than 1000, way more)...unless Gaijin decided players where staying under begginer protection too long...

2 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

you seem to have ONLY ground strike missions and still newbie maps

Do you think it might have to do with my BR? I'm only flying (don't laugh) 1.0BR at the moment. I'm kinda scared to dip my toe into a 1.3 or 1.7 lineup and face those nastier opponents. Maybe in another week or two I'll try it out and see how long I can survive. Cheers!

10 minutes ago, _GUN_Fighter said:

Do you think it might have to do with my BR? I'm only flying (don't laugh) 1.0BR at the moment. I'm kinda scared to dip my toe into a 1.3 or 1.7 lineup and face those nastier opponents. Maybe in another week or two I'll try it out and see how long I can survive. Cheers!

With 1.0, you will be facing 1.0-2.0. So you a guaranteed to be low tier in the match.

You can go 1.3 or 1.7. You will still participate in the low tier maps frequently. The higher you go, the more frequent you are moved into higher matches...

42 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

With 1.0, you will be facing 1.0-2.0. So you a guaranteed to be low tier in the match.

You can go 1.3 or 1.7. You will still participate in the low tier maps frequently. The higher you go, the more frequent you are moved into higher matches...

Got it. I'll get there soon. Getting braver every match. Cheers!

8 minutes ago, _GUN_Fighter said:

Got it. I'll get there soon. Getting braver every match. Cheers!

I actually think BR2 is easier than BR1...in low BRs game is a very close quarters biplane fight.

At br2 you get a little more time to think and plan...at least your FIRST attack...then all hell breaks loose ;)

You start further away and higher...ground targets are no longer soft...and you can bomb bases and attack bombers...