*GhostSoph

More nations trees make sense?

I am all for more content and strange and different vehicles...at least as options...not necessarily as the main vehicles in game...

BUT...does it make any sense to add minor nations as FULL TREE?

How could you have a reasonable tree for 1930 to 2000 for Sweden, China, Poland, Whatever...without a huge (or senselss) amount of imports and/or prototypes?

And how many would actually develop them...? We already see that the French (and probably the Italian) tress are somewhat "less interesting"...at least for the majority of players...i am guessing they are popular in France/Italy...

I think it would make much more sense to add vehicles to existing trees if adequate (e.g. Australian to Brit tree, Axis minors to Italy or Germany)...OR...make one or more "International" trees...

(I remember a game called Steel Panthers...had lots of nations...and then a GREEN and a RED faction for those wanting NATO or Warsaw Pact minors...even had Portuguese vehicles there)

I have some interest on specific French (or Italian) vehicles...but not enough to play and research AN ENTIRE TREE to play with a few vehicles...i did it up to Char B1...will probably take years now as the next interesting tank would be AMX-30...so i end up not playing with it...

Dont take me wrong...i think FRANCE AND ITALY have room for their own trees...i just dont think any other nation still does...

Agreed, since the addition of France, I only see combined nation trees as viable options, e.g. minor axis, allied, neutral trees or one big international tree with vehicles having individual side assignments.

Would be way better than having minimalistic nation tech trees with larger gaps inbetween vehicles, which would lead to then not being able to build line-ups for certain BRs and inevitable therefore also to the insufferable whining about how nation x y z cannot compete, because there is a gap at BR 1.0 1.3 1.7 2.0 etc etc etc.

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/11/2018 at 18:39, DarthGergely said:

Italy: 

486456577_Great(1)msolata.thumb.png.5b421299061912_Great(1).thumb.png.b5bc1fa2a0

Don't see any problem in the Italian tree since you are not tanking into account modified allied tanks and there you are missing some other Italian designs

The Italian lines are even enough full on their own without any other fillers just one or two at the rank 4 won't make any problem, like the jumbo is in the french tree or the firefly in the British or the m24 in the Japanese we all have fillers and we will always have them since they were used by that country and is much more fair to do so rather then mixing things up in a messed way. Those trees that I mentioned are fine as they are and capable of sustaining a good line so no problem for Italy too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You even made it less usable by adding tanks that won't be premiums i the premium line, they stated we'll get a normal. P40 plus it's variants the m15/42 was built in big numbers for the Italian industry so regular...just don't fool us, the tree is capable of doing well

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I actually think Italian tree makes sense...some interesting vehicles and actually used historically...

HOWEVER...it is not a POPULAR tree as most players will not be strongly motivated...simply not "famous" enough...so IMHO it may be the LAST tree that makes sense AS A STAND-ALONE TREE.

I have interest in SOME vehicles from several other countries...but dont recall a SINGLE one i think i have interest on an ENTIRE TREE.

Hence my idea of mixing the best of ALL COUNTRIES on a FEW TREES or EXISTING ONES.

As an provocative question...HOW MANY players you think would want to research 20 swedish tanks?

(for example)

Althought...lots of players would probably like to play S-tank, Polish WW2 tanks, Draken fighter...and some other interesting and moderately famous war vehicles...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

I actually think Italian tree makes sense...some interesting vehicles and actually used historically...

HOWEVER...it is not a POPULAR tree as most players will not be strongly motivated...simply not "famous" enough...so IMHO it may be the LAST tree that makes sense AS A STAND-ALONE TREE.

I have interest in SOME vehicles from several other countries...but dont recall a SINGLE one i think i have interest on an ENTIRE TREE.

Hence my idea of mixing the best of ALL COUNTRIES on a FEW TREES or EXISTING ONES.

As an provocative question...HOW MANY players you think would want to research 20 swedish tanks?

(for example)

Althought...lots of players would probably like to play S-tank, Polish WW2 tanks, Draken fighter...and some other interesting and moderately famous war vehicles...

Yep that exactly the main point, not many nations have the possibility like we had to have a own tree and for those that cannot come unless under premium form, a combined tree of minor nations make more sense