_WyRe_

Testing NVIDIA 415.xx vulkan dev branch

gentoo ,xfce (xfwm killed while playing WT, I have to kill thunderbird too because any notify window crashes WT)

i5-7600K@Ghz (but it doesn't get to that speed with vulkan, openGL is another story...), 16GB RAM, gtx970

Edited by chmooreck

2 hours ago, chmooreck said:

gentoo ,xfce (xfwm killed while playing WT, I have to kill thunderbird too because any notify window crashes WT)

i5-7600K@Ghz (but it doesn't get to that speed with vulkan, openGL is another story...), 16GB RAM, gtx970

Oh, I'm experiencing the same behaviour, I mean, any notify dialog or alt+tab shortcut and I have so many chances to get a crash. Also in the logging process and after each battle. Those are the three more unstable situation for me. In particular ... This is the Error

https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/200070471-Error-8111000A-Freeze-Detected-

So I think the most proper instructions for me are

If the issue still persists, then you should wait till we find a solution. Our developers are informed about this issue. It will be eliminated in one of the next updates.

What about your driver version? And your War Thunder config paremeters? I mean ... High or low? Cause I'm playing in Low quality (and you know, the release notes talk about "weaker PC configurations"), I could do it in medium I think, since in Windows does work pretty acceptable in medium, but here in Linux ... the performance is terrible.

Edited by _WyRe_
medal

11 hours ago, _WyRe_ said:

Well, I had a crash today, so it is not solved, at least again in 1.83.1.13 version. 

I was wondering why are you not having crashes, which distro are you running? And what about your hw? Likely it is better than mine, hehe ... @chmooreck.

:crazy:

I never got a crash in vulkan version

GPU: R9 280X

Mesa:18.2.2

Kubuntu 18.04LTS

Resolution:4k

medal medal medal

Once AMD release a videocard faster (even slightly) then the 1080TI then I will very quickly jump ship, but until then.. stuck with NVIDIA driver issues, its odd how AMD drivers are now having less issues, a complete 180deg to the norm. 

However NVIDIA is still overall the fastest performing cards under Linux for most things, typically a GTX1070 can beat a Vega64 except in a few fringe cases.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, The_Riddick said:

Once AMD release a videocard faster (even slightly) then the 1080TI then I will very quickly jump ship, but until then.. stuck with NVIDIA driver issues, its odd how AMD drivers are now having less issues, a complete 180deg to the norm. 

However NVIDIA is still overall the fastest performing cards under Linux for most things, typically a GTX1070 can beat a Vega64 except in a few fringe cases.

I'll put all my hopes in Vulkan; regardless of the vendor. I think Nvidia is improving their vulkan branch, I see much potential. Particularly I get much more fps with Vulkan, despite of crashes. I think if Nvidia and Gaijin support this development branch and Vulkan becomes in a functional and high performance graphics API ... I could play with medium settings, even.

Edited by _WyRe_
medal

On 11/12/2018 at 19:39, chmooreck said:

What about kernel and video driver version? 4.19.8 for linux and 396.54.09 (for stable playing, but with openGL)

medal