Jump to content

Emden still lacks AA fuse shells for its 105mm gun.


CaptainZeno
 Share

3 hours ago, CaptainZeno said:

historically had

Now finding sources certain ammunition types for guns is very difficult so I'd be careful on saying it had X or Y.

 

Currently there is a dispute going on whether the Emden should even have AP for the main guns and the documents we have say it doesn't.

  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, the_suztown said:

Currently there is a dispute going on whether the Emden should even have AP for the main guns and the documents we have say it doesn't.

technically it's listed for that gun, if it was actually used on Emden that other question.

18 hours ago, CaptainZeno said:

They're literally AA guns placed there for a damned reason, give it the shells it historically had and used.

even if that would be only timed fused AA round that are effective only against targets keeping their altitude and speed...

proximity fused rounds are not available here.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, arczer25 said:

technically it's listed for that gun, if it was actually used on Emden that other question.

even if that would be only timed fused AA round that are effective only against targets keeping their altitude and speed...

proximity fused rounds are not available here.

 

FlakBarge has the time fuses, so why not the Emden? It completely lacks long range AA.

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CaptainZeno said:

 

FlakBarge has the time fuses, so why not the Emden? It completely lacks long range AA.

Well the flak barge quite literally has Flak 88s on it while the Emden has 105s, if you can find a Timed fuse round for the 105mm guns on the Emden then post it up.

  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/11/2018 at 00:17, Anju_Yuuki said:

well without a doubt the emdens AA is weak as hell. its literally a free kill for any bomber/ attacker to grab.

Not true, really! Atm it is crucial for Emden to designate the air targets, do evasive maneuvers and pump up the AA gunners skill. What truly is a problem for ANY ship and boat - reduced spawn points for planes. 3600 probably was too much (I liked it that way), but something around 3000 would be just perfect. Right now it's a ridiculous plane spam. And we know how it goes - revenge attacks are neverending. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/11/2018 at 09:35, the_suztown said:

Well the flak barge quite literally has Flak 88s on it while the Emden has 105s, if you can find a Timed fuse round for the 105mm guns on the Emden then post it up.

 

The HE rounds simply got a time fuse put in the top, like how most AA rounds worked.

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2018 at 04:02, CaptainZeno said:

They're literally AA guns placed there for a damned reason, give it the shells it historically had and used.

Emden shouldn't have AP.
German destroyers never had AP

US and British ships are missing their mechanical time fuzed HE

 

 

As for time fuzes, the Germans did seem to use them:

http://www.navweaps.com/index_nathan/germanWWIIFuzes.php

Search for Zt.z (time fuze nomenclature) 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/11/2018 at 23:34, _eNVee_ said:

Not true, really! Atm it is crucial for Emden to designate the air targets, do evasive maneuvers and pump up the AA gunners skill. What truly is a problem for ANY ship and boat - reduced spawn points for planes.

my crew is fully aced out and my ship is fully spaded yet in the couple battles we had as allies and as enemys i died quite a lot by your hands or other bombers.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/12/2018 at 00:05, Anju_Yuuki said:

my crew is fully aced out and my ship is fully spaded yet in the couple battles we had as allies and as enemys i died quite a lot by your hands or other bombers.

This is why I suggest to increase SP for planes to at least 3000 points. That would reduce plane spam and give destroyers some true chance to survive. However, Emden can deal with some planes rather well. Usually 1 or 2 is not a problem, but it can not survive when it's raining with bombs.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I reported this issue with sources at relevant section of the forum three months ago. I was told that it was forwarded for developers, but the anti-aircraft fuzed shell for 105mm is still missing... : /

 

The Zt. Z S30 (Zeitzünder S30- time fuze, 30 seconds), was the standard anti-aircraft fuze used by Germany for shells of 88mm and larger - here are pictures of shell for 105mm SK C/32 with anti-aircraft fuze attached and the fuze separated.

 

IMG_0822.jpg

 

IMG_0832.jpg

 

The issue has been reported - and Germany already has anti-aircraft fuzed shell in its naval tech tree for 88mm guns, so why isn't it available for 105mm? Without anti-aircraft fuzed shell these guns (mind you; they are supposed to be Emden's heavy anti-aircraft guns!) are practically useless for engaging aircraft.

Edited by vonVince
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...