Stona

Server update 21.11.18

1 hour ago, Hunter12396 said:

Because the LS and G-5 are so terrible they find more success fighting bigger ships that may not notice them, as opposed to flakbarges that sneeze at them and kill them.

if you play LS and G-5 only you won't fight SF40 leicht...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, __sparrow__ said:

I like this change! Should I ever forget to remove a high BR plane from the lineup when switching to lower BR ships, it will just be ignored by the matchmaking and unusable instead of ruining the match by sending me into high BR fights. Good idea!

Or instead of doing this weird change, a super-simple idea that has been around since almost the dawn of War Thunder (IIRC as far back as at least 1.45), and has been definitely submitted in the suggestion forum for ages now, could finally be implemented:

Showing the current combined BR of the active line-up for the selected battle mode!

And NO, that is not one of the often discredited simple looking changes because they would actually be hard to program. This is for real a simple coding excercise with an absolutly basic mathematical calculation behind (actually not even that except for AB, in RB etc. it's even simpler, with just a "FIND MAX VALUE" code) and a little GUI fondling.

Display BR instead of Rank in tree/squadron interface

Spoiler

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Hardmoor said:

why do you remove the possibilty to uptier yourself on purpose?

simple. its called abusing aircraft. what intention does someone have in uptiering there own boat? simple its so they can use aircraft and not actually play naval like it was meant to be played.

medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Stona said:

By way of example, a player with the a setup such as this: “Ship BR 2.7; ship BR 3.0: aircraft BR 3.0; aircraft BR 3.7” will join a battle with a BR between 2.0 and 4.0 and will not be able to use aircraft with BR 3.7.

So the lineup could end fighting vs 4.0+4.0 ship and 4.0 aircraft, while still being prohibited from using the 3.7 aircraft?

If I understood that right I'd suggest it would be better to determine the prohibited aircraft in relation to the match BR instead of the lineup BR so that the 3.7 aircraft is only prohibited in battles of BR 3.3 or lower where nobody else can bring planes of 3.7 or higher BR either.

edit: Did you notice that the wording now suggests it is possible to use a 3.3 plane with a 2.7 boat (as the difference is not higher than 0.6), while a 3.7 plane is prohibited from being used with 3.0 ship)? Is that intended?

Edited by tizianenel
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Actually, this is not really a good change despite the good intention. When there are less 1.0/ reserve (low tier) boats in high tier game, the q time increases dramatically and it hollows out the flag battles in shallow water. While the 4.0 autocannon can rip apart the reserve boats, the reserve can still torpedo/ overwhelm them with numbers as autocannon generally have a long reload time and overheat issues. At least as a high tier player I having much less fun than I used to be. As br 4.0-5.0 had become mostly destroyers vs destroyers, it just feels hollow without any tight fight in shallow water cap point (which generally are the two most important caps in map).  

Yea I dont see why you would allow them into a game with a higher BR when they dont have the stuff to do it... Thats silly. At least before people could contribute with their higher tier planes. Now people will be forced to get a proper BRd boat before they bring their good planes. Which i guess is a good effect. I was tired of seeing 2.7s on my team against 4.3-5.0 ships.

medal medal

On 22/11/2018 at 03:46, derekm16f14 said:

Actually, this is not really a good change despite the good intention. When there are less 1.0/ reserve (low tier) boats in high tier game, the q time increases dramatically and it hollows out the flag battles in shallow water. While the 4.0 autocannon can rip apart the reserve boats, the reserve can still torpedo/ overwhelm them with numbers as autocannon generally have a long reload time and overheat issues. At least as a high tier player I having much less fun than I used to be. As br 4.0-5.0 had become mostly destroyers vs destroyers, it just feels hollow without any tight fight in shallow water cap point (which generally are the two most important caps in map).  

I'd have to agree. After playing with the new changes, higher tier battles are a bit stale.