Stona

Server update 21.11.18

Maintenance%20(5).jpg

The mechanics of aircraft usage in naval battles has been changed. Now, it is not possible to use aircraft with a BR higher than 0.6 of the maximum ship BR in one’s lineup. Additionally, prohibited aircraft will not be taken into account for matchmaking.

By way of example, a player with the a setup such as this: “Ship BR 2.7; ship BR 3.0: aircraft BR 3.0; aircraft BR 3.7” will join a battle with a BR between 2.0 and 4.0 and will not be able to use aircraft with BR 3.7.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Maintenance%20(5).jpg

The mechanics of aircraft usage in naval battles has been changed. Now, it is not possible to use aircraft with a BR higher than 0.6 of the maximum ship BR in one’s lineup. Additionally, prohibited aircraft will not be taken into account for matchmaking.

By way of example, a player with the a setup such as this: “Ship BR 2.7; ship BR 3.0: aircraft BR 3.0; aircraft BR 3.7” will join a battle with a BR between 2.0 and 4.0 and will not be able to use aircraft with BR 3.7.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

could this be done in T6 tank battles where it would be impossible to spawn tanks below 3.0, namely fast reserves tanks and other fast vehicles that are only used to cap zones and later to spam ah-1z/mi-35. p.s. please dont tell me you need more testing, there are numerous examples where ppl have 10:1 kd in viper where they also have about 500-600 matches with reserves that that have 100% death count and 0-10 kills, meaning rush cap, j-out, get in viper, abuse 

thank you

• Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So apparently Gaijin is saying i can' t  use a higher BR plane to bring my torpedo boat to a higher BR to do it' s job of sinking bigger ships with torpedoes ?

Excuse me, what is the point of having torpedoes now ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

How would that make any sense?

Why not just increase the game br you get your self into, instead of restricting the Air BR in ships, just increase the range in which you enter. 

To be honest, the system before is better, imo no change is needed for Air Br, it's already hard enough to spawn them in.

You could also increase the SP requirements for the 3.7 Br planes instead of not letting them join.

Most of the good torp planes are higher BRs like the BTD-1, 

with this new change, kinda slashes the gameplay and to me, loses my interest in ships since i can not bring it to battle (the BTD) with the logic you are providing/changed.

edit:

Also, i didnt mind being in mixed rankings for ships, it all meshed together well imo

Edited by blackheart1996
updating
  • Upvote 3

so in other words i wont be able to take my boats into higher matchmaking using aircraft, which is something i do fairly often with tanks..in short im not able to play the way i enjoy the game? i dont even like using certain br's with boats but io like the aircraft, so ill take a ship a bit lower in br..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I like this change! Should I ever forget to remove a high BR plane from the lineup when switching to lower BR ships, it will just be ignored by the matchmaking and unusable instead of ruining the match by sending me into high BR fights. Good idea!

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Question:

If I have a 3.3 plane in my lineup instead of the 3.7 used in the example will I be in a 2.0-4.0 match still, or will I be in a 2.3-4.3 match now? 

If that's not clear I can explain better.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Finally getting rid of that kind of lineup where people bring 4.something planes along with their 1.0 boats... That was a good decision.

On a sidenote, does that mean one can bring 5.3 planes along a 5.0 lineup?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Conte_Baracca said:

This is a quality change.  I was wondering why I was seeing so many reserve boats in 4.3 battles.

It will not prohibit you from taking a reserve boat into a 4.0-5.0 match.

It is one of the best changes since boats came into open beta. Many people are complaining here and asking why it shouldn't be possible to uptier little boats. The answer is simple: Because everyone else is fed up to the rim of loosing games because his team consists of a G5 lemming train uptiered with planes. And then when they play their armed rubber dinghies they cry havoc how OP 3.7 and 4.0 boats are.

5 hours ago, blackheart1996 said:

How would that make any sense?

It avoids that the matchmaking system gets used ad absurdum so it is able to create balanced matches. It's a Banhammer for G5 trollsquads. Furthermore see above

Why not just increase the game br you get your self into, instead of restricting the Air BR in ships, just increase the range in which you enter. 

It's not only about you, it's also about your team, which might prefer a 4.3/5.0 lineup in a corresponding match.

To be honest, the system before is better, imo no change is needed for Air Br, it's already hard enough to spawn them in.
No. And it's as easy as in GF. Race to a cap and get some MG rounds at an enemy before dying and afterwards spawn your planes.
You could also increase the SP requirements for the 3.7 Br planes instead of not letting them join.

Well would be a solution, too. But in the area of +400SP per 0.3 BR above the highest BR boat in the lineup.

Most of the good torp planes are higher BRs like the BTD-1, 

The BTD is at 4.0. It is THE best torpedo bomber and it is best in 4.0+ matches against DDs with it's torps. If you want Bombs you already have the F4F, F4U at 2.7, the A-36 at 3.0 - all with a bombload enough for a destroyer and nough .50s to the average boat in one straferun. The US air tree is by far the strongest for navy battles. Only the Hurricane IIB (UK and Rus premium) play in the same league on their BR. If you want to use the BTD-1 research the Clemson DD-336, you can get there in a day or two.

with this new change, kinda slashes the gameplay and to me, loses my interest in ships since i can not bring it to battle (the BTD) with the logic you are providing/changed.

You can bring your BTD to battle, you just have to bring a 3.7 ship with it, too. If you are playing ships this is achievable without too much effort.

The service record shows that you have killed more boats with your BTD-1 than with any boat. Nearly double the amount of the boat with the most kills. This is probably not what navy battles are intended for.

4 hours ago, Hardmoor said:

why do you remove the possibilty to uptier yourself on purpose?

No, you just need a bigger ship to uptier your reserve dinghy ;)

5 hours ago, LordNemoII said:

So apparently Gaijin is saying i can' t  use a higher BR plane to bring my torpedo boat to a higher BR to do it' s job of sinking bigger ships with torpedoes ?

Excuse me, what is the point of having torpedoes now ?

You still can bring your torpedo boats to a higher BR, just not with planes. If you feel like it you can make a whole lineup of reserve-1.X BR boats and uptier it with a light cruiser. You just can't uptier
little boats if you don't have at least one boat in the lineup which is appropriate for the BR of the match. You still can hunt DDs with small BR 2.X-3.X torpedo boats but people can't screw their teams by having only 1.7 boats in a 5.0 match. This will create more even matches. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, blackheart1996 said:

no it isn't... Spawning in a Plane is easy...

Good change. Hopefully that spells the end of people bringing only 1.x boats into 4.3 matches just so they can fly around while contributing nothing at all with their boat spawns.

Can we have the same for Ground RB please? I keep seeing people who have lineups like Sd.Kfz, BT-X, etc., if we're lucky maybe a 6.x as highest BR tank, in 10.0 matches because they want to fly their helicopters in ground RB. Often two or three of those people on the same side in a single match. Those people are just a liability to their teams, have no notion of teamwork and are quite honestly, just annoying.

3 hours ago, Conte_Baracca said:

This is a quality change.  I was wondering why I was seeing so many reserve boats in 4.3 battles.

Because the LS and G-5 are so terrible they find more success fighting bigger ships that may not notice them, as opposed to flakbarges that sneeze at them and kill them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nooooo, this was so great! There were so many reserve boats in 4.0-4.3, uptiered by having high BR planes. My autocannon boats tore them to shreds, usually 4-5 kills per game were purely on reserve boats.

I mean, they were annoying, and looked really out of place, but I'll take those free kills any day.

medal medal medal

If I am in a BR 2 to 4 range, I should have aircraft available for the same range.  Limiting by 0.6 is unsatisfactory and reduces the fun.  I agree with others that the aircraft that provide the best opportunity to sink ships are in the BR 3.0 and higher range.  Attacking a ship with a Peashooter is suicide.  Please return to original or revise guidelines to match fleet BRs for the scenario.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Hunter12396 said:

Because the LS and G-5 are so terrible they find more success fighting bigger ships that may not notice them, as opposed to flakbarges that sneeze at them and kill them.

if you are not able to torp a 21 km/h sf 40 its your fault not the boats... 

and you can still bring them to high BR games when you bring an high BR ship/boat...