Stona

Server update 20.11.18

Maintenance(17)wide.jpg

 

In ground realistic battles, new mechanics for fast repair of engine and transmission has been implemented as referenced in the recent devblog:

  • A disabled engine blocks vehicle movement completely for 20 seconds, after which it is restored to 40% of its original power
  • A disabled transmission blocks vehicle movement completely for 20 seconds, then the range of gear change is reduced by two

This type of fast field repair does not require the “parts” modification.


Naval Bug fixes:

  • MPK-163 — a bug where the mortar became available after unlocking depth charges has been fixed. A bug where bombs were not being displayed in X-Ray view has been fixed.
  • Cowell (DD-547) — A bug when firing the main calibre gun caused depth charges to also drop has been fixed .
  • S-38b — A bug where torpedoes were still displayed in X-Ray view after they had been launched has been fixed.
  • Pr. 206 — auxiliary targeting armament modification has been removed (not required). German Pr 206 displacement value in the info card has been corrected.
  • Pr.191 — Max. speed and displacement values in the info card have been corrected.
  • LS 4 — two extra respawns have been removed.
  • Pr. 159 — mortar magazine is no longer displayed in X-Ray view if mortar has not been researched, depth charges are disabled. Visual effects for rounds hitting water have been improved; the main calibre gun turrets rotation speed with installed mortars has been corrected.
  • PGH-2 — a typo in the displacement value in the info card has been corrected
  • AF D1 and AF D3 — researchable 37mm rounds for the auxiliary targeting armament have been removed. 20mm ammo belts for the AA have been added instead.
  • AF D3 — all 20mm Flak guns have been moved to AA group.
  • S-100 (S204) Lang, S-100 (1945), S-100 (1944) — 20mm autocannon modifications ammo belts reload has been unified. Changed to 1200 shots per barrel. A bug where only half of the magazine was being loaded has been fixed.
  • KMS Emden, Type 1939 —  turret armour thickness values in the info card have been corrected.
  • Fairmile D (697), Fairmile D (5001) — deflection angles on the 57mm guns have been increased.
  • Pr.1124 (1940), Pr.1124 Rocket version, Pr.1124 (1945), Type 143 — camera position has been changed.
  • Type 140/141 — torpedo side launch has been corrected.
  • Asheville (PGM-84) — main calibre gun overheat has been added; reload time has been reduced from 15 to 10 secs.
  • API-T rounds have been added to the Vickers Mk.V 12.7mm MG.
  • Smoke trails for all naval MGs and autocannons of calibres 7 to 40mm have been removed.
  • Overheat has been added for  30mm, 57mm, 76mm naval autocannons.
  • Overheat has been removed for all naval MGs up to 20mm calibre.
  • Chance of destruction for larger ships with one hit has been decreased.
  • Oil tank detonation for larger ships has been removed.
  • Each calibre now has a preset of dispersion diagram and shard penetration value. HE, AP and shrapnel rounds have different diagrams for shard dispersion. Sheets for armour penetration and kinetic damage of HE shells have been corrected. The damaging effect of HE and AP shells of medium and large calibre (57-180 mm) has been reworked. Now, with increasing calibre, the damage effect will also increase correctly and shells of different calibres are more significantly different from each other. The striking ability of shells of large calibers (150-180 mm) is now much higher.
  • Torpedo launch animation speed has been increased for the following vessels:
    • LS 4
    • LS 3
    • S-38
    • S-38b
    • S-100 (1945)
    • S-100 Lang
    • S-204
    • Type 143
    • Pr.183

 


The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEnglander said:

Were there any changes, fixes or balances done for Realistic air?

 

We have BR modification planned for this month, make sure to have a look : 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stona said:

In ground realistic battles, new mechanics for fast repair of engine and transmission has been implemented as referenced in the recent devblog:

  • A disabled engine blocks vehicle movement completely for 20 seconds, after which it is restored to 40% of its original power
  • A disabled transmission blocks vehicle movement completely for 20 seconds, then the range of gear change is reduced by two

 

I still don't think this is the best implementation of the quick repair.  What happened to evaluating the feedback from the players?

Edited by RampageRok
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RampageRok said:

 

I still don't think this is teh best implementation of the quick repair.  What happened to evaluating the feedback from the players?

 

We evaluated the player's feedback! As a result, the developers decided to focus on the mobility first and see how it goes. The automatic activation is a technical thing : it's a case of something easy on paper but complicated to code, for now it's much easier to have that feature activated automatically.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stona said:

Chance of destruction for larger ships with one hit has been decreased.

can we get some clarification what what this actually means?

 

Was Hullbreak changed? will Cruisers no longer explode when a 500kg bomb lands within 10 metres? do torpedoes and mines not cause hullbreak? Details we needs them.

  • Like 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

We evaluated the player's feedback! As a result, the developers decided to focus on the mobility first and see how it goes. The automatic activation is a technical thing : it's a case of something easy on paper but complicated to code, for now it's much easier to have that feature activated automatically.

I understand that, but as many people have said:

  • 20s is too short.  Faster than most repairs with parts AND faster than many reloads. 
  • Why not bring the suggestion of just mobility to the playerbase first instead of forcing a highly contested "fix" on us?
    • Better yet, why not make an event showcasing it and leaving normal tank rb alone until it is proven/disproven
Edited by RampageRok
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RampageRok said:

I understand that, but as many people have said:

  • 20s is too short.  Faster than most repairs with parts AND faster than many reloads. 
  • Why not bring the suggestion of just mobility to the playerbase first instead of forcing a highly contested "fix" on us?
    • Better yet, why not make an event showcasing it and leaving normal tank rb alone until it is proven/disproven

no one forces you to use parts. if you just want to move you can just use this, get into cover and then repair.

I am also not sure if Ace crew couldn't repair within the same timespan anyway

  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hardmoor said:

no one forces you to use parts. if you just want to move you can just use this, get into cover and then repair.

I am also not sure if Ace crew couldn't repair within the same timespan anyway

I grant you that, but not everyone has an ace crew.  Using the Ace crew argument; they have replaced the lack of parts in stock tanks with a lack of aced crew in all tanks. 

 

BUT, as Ouiche said they are going to "see how it goes".  Thats something that should be done outside of a release.  i.e. test server or an event. 

Edited by RampageRok
spelling
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Stona said:

Chance of destruction for larger ships with one hit has been decreased.

 

Yeah, I would really like some more info here. In what way was this changed, ammo racks less likely to detonate, bombs less effective or torpedoes don't oneshot?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RampageRok said:

I understand that, but as many people have said:

  • 20s is too short.  Faster than most repairs with parts AND faster than many reloads. 
  • Why not bring the suggestion of just mobility to the playerbase first instead of forcing a highly contested "fix" on us?
    • Better yet, why not make an event showcasing it and leaving normal tank rb alone until it is proven/disproven

 

The core concept is a "quality of life" improvement for players with new vehicles (shot in the engine, stuck for the rest of the game). True, teammates can help... but they don't always do that. The feedback on that aspect was positive overall, but at the same time there was some concern regarding the solutions proposed and... concept is one thing, but only a large scale application can really show the results and the dev will closely monitors the effects on those modifications.


The community is not an homogeneous group of players, it's split by nations, game mode, gaming communities (private / official forum, gaming plateform...), we looked and forwarded feedback more or less everywhere we could - we would be possible to keep chatting about modifications for months before we get everybody a reasonable amount of players to agree on something. :D

 

16 minutes ago, RampageRok said:

BUT, as Ouiche said they are going to "see how it goes".  Thats something that should be done outside of a release.  i.e. test server or an event. 

 

Test have limitations, the players on the test server are not representative of the average War Thunder player.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stona said:
  • API-T rounds have been added to the Vickers Mk.V 12.7mm MG.

I can't see any API-T rounds for the British Vickers. Can somebody confirm that or am I looking somewhere wrong?

 

 

Also I'm kind of disappointed that this ranging bug still doesn't seem to be fixed (although the MGB-61 does quite well with just the Vickers)...

Does anyone know whether Tech Mods can specify how urgendly a fix is needed when submitting bug reports to the Devs?

 

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new repair system is suitable for AB, not for RB. RB is a more complex mode, so why is it constantly simplifying something? Field repairs could only work for 2 minutes to get the tank to reach the cap point. Why can not the tank with the engine offset when the gearbox is OK?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RampageRok said:

I grant you that, but not everyone has an ace crew.  Using the Ace crew argument; they have replaced the lack of parts in stock tanks with a lack of aced crew in all tanks. 

but that didn't change then, that was always the case. And in my opinion you should treat every enemy like someone with an Acecrew anyway, just as you should treat every tank like a fully spaded vehicle.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_suztown said:

can we get some clarification what what this actually means?

 

Was Hullbreak changed? will Cruisers no longer explode when a 500kg bomb lands within 10 metres? do torpedoes and mines not cause hullbreak? Details we needs them.


Mostly related to bombs and torpedo direct hit, for cruisers and destroyers. Better chances to survive.

 

11 minutes ago, Shradler said:

Does anyone know whether Tech Mods can specify how urgendly a fix is needed when submitting bug reports to the Devs?

 

They do specify when an issue is important, but the devs have priorities on their end, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

Test have limitations, the players on the test server are not representative of the average War Thunder player.

Thats why I suggested an event. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lots of good feedback you still implement this. For me, this is a big back step in quality. I think I take a break while you remove this "fast repair" arcade feature. GG

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, _lDestinyl_ said:

The new repair system is suitable for AB, not for RB. RB is a more complex mode, so why is it constantly simplifying something?

Exactly!
At least if they going to over simplify RB they could bring back proper SB like it used to be and I and many others will go there. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kulcsos12 said:

After a lots of good feedback you still implement this. For me, this is a big back step in quality. I think I take a break while you remove this "fast repair" arcade feature. GG

 

15 minutes ago, RampageRok said:

Exactly!
At least if they going to over simplify RB they could bring back proper SB like it used to be and I and many others will go there. 

 

We had that discussion, it gravitated around "if the feature is added with manual activation, most RB players will be - roughly - fine with it" and "if we put that feature with a manual activation, we run into the risk of creating bugs". It was decided to avoid potential issues for now. It's not about simplifying RB, it's getting a trouble free (we hope...) solution for players who struggle right now.

 

9 minutes ago, *maxmillian said:

@Ouiche, Do you have a timetable as to when there will be an optimization of navy? The stuttering, FPS drop, PL, is horrendous right now. 

 

No information at the moment, but be sure to make bug reports about your issues. We had the case a couple of time in the past, it can be hardware specific, even if some issues looks obvious it is vital for the developers to get reports.


Eg : when the 1st gen Ryzen was released, one of our dev got one to work with... and somehow, had no trouble with the game. Turn out, players had problems and it took some time to get the data needed for the fix.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

It's not about simplifying RB, it's getting a trouble free (we hope...) solution for players who struggle right now.

So, what was wrong with adding a normal repair for all tanks, but at a slower rate for stock tanks than those tanks with the parts modification?

i.e. the part modification has a "percentage" reduction in repair time. 

 

Solves all the problems of being shot with a stock tank, and solves all the problems peopel have with copying the mechanics from AB. 

EDIT:  This is what the majority of players were asking for from the get go of this whole debacle. 

 

Edited by RampageRok
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Overheat has been removed for all naval MGs up to 20mm calibre.

 

Just tested and the 15mm Guns on the VS-10 still overheat and jam when you try to spam them. Is this correct? Or am I mixing up two seperate mechanics aka overheating and jamming?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything planned to reduce the costs of the rank 4 ships? Because I have to say that it is not very playable right now... With those ships like Krazny Kavkaz, Omaha class, KMS Emden there is very little chances to end a battle with benefits in terms of SL. I have multiple exemple of battle that I've won with 7 to 10 kills with Krazny Kavkaz that made me loose money. I can't imagine what will be the rank 5 ships when they will appear. To be honest, I don't have much interest in grinding other ships if I know it will make me loose more money than what it could give me... So please lower the repair costs of the mentionned ships to make it interesting to play.

Edited by Hawk158
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.