FenrisLokason

Rptd 13/Dec/2018 Disconnection from chat in hangar

I have had issues with being disconnected from the in hangar chat on an irregular but consistent basis. I have not positively confirmed whether the disconnection extends to the in game chat. I have experienced this issue on both this computer and a previous computer. Specific message is in yellow text within the chat menu, "You are not connected to chat", followed minutes later by "Chat connected". Chat system then requires closing any open chat windows and reopening them to receive and send messages again.

DxDiag.txt

2018_11_18_19_50_16__10740.clog

Edited by FenrisLokason
Clarification
medal medal

This is usually related to your connection.   Do you also have social media applications running at the same time as the game?

My connection itself is relatively stable, low latency, and high bandwidth. I keep pingplotter logs running so I can immediately be able to troubleshoot any connection issues and have not seen any anomalous indications when this particular issue has occurred. This particular issue also followed me from my old residence which used the same ISP but is located about 135km distant.

I don't usually close any browser windows while launching the game and I often leave open VoIP services open while playing, operating under the understanding that this generally shouldn't interfere with other internet services unless it bottlenecks the connection.

medal medal

Are you using wi-fi or cable connection?

Please carry out the following:  We will need to capture one of the times that your connection dies.

1.  Start the game and login etc and wait for hangar screen to load.

2.  Press these keys together to start the profiler  Fn+Alt+F11 (These three buttons together turn the profiler on and off) (Alt+F11 if your keyboard has no Function key - Also for Linux)

3.  Play several games (at least 3) with the profiler on.

4.  After the end of the last game please press Fn + F11(F11 with no Function key - Also for Linux) this will write the information to the clog.  Please include this file with your report.

5.  Press Fn+Alt+F11 to stop the profiler(Alt+F11 if your keyboard has no Function key).

Can you then provide the clog file, replays and (if possible) video of the graphic events.  This will record the interactions between your client and the Game Servers in more detail to assist the Developers and the Technical Moderators solve your issue.

Can you also run a Trace Route please

Click the Windows Icon (bottom left hand side of screen)  This will display the Menu options.
    Choose Run
    Type - tracert warthunder.com
    Press Enter
    Please screenshot and include the path result.

I am using ethernet connected through cable internet. The tracert command doesn't appear to complete trace and closes before before reaching destination IP. I'm doing a lot of overtime at work for the near future and probably won't end up playing the required three games in one session so it may be a bit before I can get any info to you.

medal medal

Okay.  Thanks for letting us know. 

I will leave this open for you.

This clog should record disconnection from chat immediately after exiting all three battles, as well as a disconnection from chat following the third battle's initial disconnection from chat.

The image is a screenshot of a pingplotter log targeted to warthunder.com

2018_12_07_22_47_45__22248.clog

pingplotter.png

medal medal

Hi
  Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the Developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.