Radio messages upgrade  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be additional voices added to the radio messages system?

2. 2. Should all existing phrases be accessable via seperate Quick keys ?

3. 3. Should the layout of the Quick keys menu remain unchanged? or change for additional keys & catagories to be added ?

• remain unchanged
    • change for additional Quick keys & catagories

I like to use the Radio messages in game mostly when its nessesary to communicate with the rest of the team especially in tight situations but find there are some changes that are needed to this part of the game.

Only 3 male 1 female voices exist it would be nice to have a larger pool of voice variations to choose from.

not only the voice types but the things they are actually saying.

Ability to select exact phrase and Alternate phrase seperatley via seperate Quick key? 

567581349_mainmessageW.jpg.7f37b3b8fe6a5          images.jpg.c2394ecc3ec46ffcaa257c0cdcc72

Edited by tigertankboy
  • Upvote 1

I'd definitely like more radio message and new voices. I really, really find the female voice they chose for the game to be extremely grating, yet a lot of people choose it for some reason :dntknw:. Male voice #2 sounds kind of goofy, but at least it's not that irritating.

That said, why post on this forum? This is an issue that affects all game modes, not just tank assault.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I Agree....

some of the voices are not everyones personal preference.

At least 4 more voices would give a wider group to choose from.

2 male? 2 female?

also add each sub phrase as a quick key to each phrase i think would be more logical rather than random selection.

German-Radio-Intel-Lg.jpg.5859915403c4c9

Edited by tigertankboy

Changes to the way the radio messages are handled in game need to be changed.

During battle sometimes it can be abused or overused and becomes a hindrance rather than an Advantage.

In keeping with the War theme and hierachy the Rank system could be used.

for example >

Highest Ranking officer could become the Commander and have access to all radio messages.

Where as all other players could only reply and not command.

Edited by tigertankboy

2 minutes ago, tigertankboy said:

Changes to the way the radio messages are handled in game need to be changed.

During battle sometimes it can be abused or overused and becomes a hindrance rather than an Advantage.

In keeping with the War theme and hierachy the Rank system could be used.

for example >

Highest Ranking officer could become the Commander and have access to all radio messages.

Where as all other players could only reply and not command.

How would you suggest they rank players? Would it be determined by playtime or average kills? I would like too see a feature such as in TF2...it would work in warthunder by clicking maybe like "T" and then pointing your mouse at a tank and clicking which would then send a command such as " The IS-6's barrel is broken" or " The Tiger H1's transmission is out"

• Upvote 1
medal

Your Officer Rank, So Im a Captian level 25

So player Rank or level 100 would or could be commander 

player B @ Rank 72 would be only able to reply not command

player C @ Rank 45 would be only able to reply not command

so on an so forth

players with the most experience should have such access to all commands.

Edited by tigertankboy

4 minutes ago, tigertankboy said:

player B @ Rank 72 would be only able to reply not command

player C @ Rank 45 would be only able to reply not command

You wrote almost the exact same message...But I see what you mean and that does seem like a good idea

medal

MY thoughts are in TF2 you can select the command "SPY" for example and point and click at someone and it will announce..."The scout is a spy". This same concept I think would work in Warthunder as many times I have broken a barrel or taken out an enemy's gunner but the friendly didn't know know that so he didn't push the enemy and I got killed because of it. SO a way to announce such this quickly without having to type in chat would be helpful

medal

Like I said before, I'm all for more voices for the game. It would provide more immersion and variety if not everyone has one of the same four voices. I'd also like better actors/actresses for it, but I understand it's a small part of the game and spending money on great actors is not a priority for Gaijin.

As for more complex systems to choose radio commands, I don't think it would be a great idea. As a PS4 player it's already difficult to pick certain commands with the analog sticks. I often try marking an enemy player and in the heat of the battle I end up saying "attack the C point!" (bonus points for when it happens in modes where there's no C point in the first place). Making it more complex would make it much more difficult to choose the correct message at the correct time.

As for a ranking system, it wouldn't make much sense. Player ranking isn't relative to the experience and trolls exist at every rank. I think the chat spam filter could use some tweaking (right now it prevents the same command to be used multiple times in a row, but it doesn't stop people from spamming different messages while it stops people from using the same message for legitimate use, for example, marking several targets in a row).

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I havent taken into account the PS4 users this is good to know.

I wonder what the actual numbers are for each platform?

I think maybe breaking this down maybe into 2 or 3 seperate submissions?

first > add additional voices 4 max

second > ability to select all phrases seperatley changing the layout of the Quick Key system and to add new categories.

third > the Rank system and or spamming filter adjustments.

Added a third Question to the poll to evaluate numbers thanks for everyones input much appreciated.

main message new cat.png

Edited by tigertankboy

On 12/11/2018 at 04:34, azekill_DIABLO said:

can the french translations be correct at least? repairing the tank shows realoding instead. And Nothing to hear.

I dont know much about translations this sounds like a bug you would be better submit your own post in the moderated bug report section?

It would be be nice to see an animation of the crew getting out and actuall fixing the vehicle but thats another topic for another post

So you like the idea of more voices but want the layout and categories unchanged is that correct?

Edited by tigertankboy

So a new rank system could be made to put an end to game killing chat spammers!

1069471631_chatspamming2.jpg.33536810974

As agreed this kind of behavior can exist even at in higher level players so my idea would be to use the first four system, meaning only the first four that are leading the battle are capable of broadcasting order Commands like the Attack > Defend  & Report Sections.

All players below the first 4 can only reply yes > no > thank you > excuse me.

1307424076_Answerd.jpg.4647d25b3b038f604

all players have the ability to make it to the top four and this order would change during the course of the game depending on your performance.

1034623329_chatspammers.jpg.2a53dcde12c2

Edited by tigertankboy

On 09/11/2018 at 11:41, *sigma__zero said:

As for a ranking system, it wouldn't make much sense. Player ranking isn't relative to the experience and trolls exist at every rank. I think the chat spam filter could use some tweaking (right now it prevents the same command to be used multiple times in a row, but it doesn't stop people from spamming different messages while it stops people from using the same message for legitimate use, for example, marking several targets in a row).

To OP, good idea, just I agree with sigma__zero, Rank should have no influence in this game.

This sort of hierarchy can exist in Squadrons/Clans you choose to join, but it would not work in the game as a whole.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why do think it would not work in the game? are you referring to the Rank system? or the First 4 system? the filter adjustments for chat spamming are needed! maybe this could be implemented just for this gamemode? not game wide?

Another system could be used like the PVP rating or the Victories/ battle ratios found on your profile.

1139468517_Ranksystem.thumb.jpg.b690f53b

Edited by tigertankboy

So the general consensus so far would be to have additional voices added to the game.

Who are the voice actors for the ones we have now?

I would really like to see War thunder's own Voice actor Bruce Grant to be 1 or even all of the voices?

1791730750_Brucegrant.JPG.b97ff3b91b32e1

Instead of changing the whole layout I would like to see one category changed in particular the answer section of the messages wheel.

.2022311243_Answerd.jpg.bdd5a89ed1b7d4610

As "Affirmative" "Negative" "thank you" and "Im sorry" are already in the main window they don't need to be in the answer section.

1012232035_mainmessageW.jpg.0d52b3e9bccd

The answer section could now add 6 new additional answers to "yes" "no" "I agree" "I refuse""Roger that" "never".

181855229_NewAnswerwindow.png.e763491bdd

End of message.....

Edited by tigertankboy
  • Upvote 1

On 14/11/2018 at 08:17, tigertankboy said:

Why do think it would not work in the game? are you referring to the Rank system? or the First 4 system? the filter adjustments for chat spamming are needed! maybe this could be implemented just for this gamemode? not game wide?

Another system could be used like the PVP rating or the Victories/ battle ratios found on your profile.

1139468517_Ranksystem.thumb.jpg.b690f53b

Any sort of system to having different command sections within a squad.  And that there is no way to accurately designate who should be commander etc. as this is not how the game performs.  Stats are just personal brownie points that you can compare your past in War Thunder with the rest of the community.  Your position in the score board means less than one would think, mainly there relating to how you will be individually rewarded at the end of the match, and you can get a really good score by playing solo and not thinking of your team at all, so you can be the losing side but top four losers happen to have the highest scores across the teams (if that made any sense).

It is a nice idea and would change how teamwork exists within matches, but again this is not how the game works, especially due to the mix of casual and more determined players.  I don't think anyone would want an individual in command of the communication orders, everyone plays their own way.

But comms options needs some improvement, however due to being on multiple platforms I think there have been some design choices that are there to cover all.

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

especially due to the mix of casual and more determined players.  I don't think anyone would want an individual in command of the communication orders, everyone plays their own way.

But comms options needs some improvement, however due to being on multiple platforms I think there have been some design choices that are there to cover all.

I agree with you thats why I think there Should be different game modes for different play styles and as many options as possible to allow any individual playstyle to be at its best.

Small but useful improvements are needed and who knows some of these ideas would have already been discussed if not been planned for future updates here's hoping the submission will be a success!

• 2 weeks later...

More voice actors would be terrific. We definitely need more female voices, but I'd also like some of the dialogue to be re-recorded. Some lines are delivered in an odd manner. Or spoken in a way that doesn't sound appropriate for military pilots like "Yyyyesss!", "Never!", etc.

Here are a few additional things I'd like to see implemented for radio messages:

• Allow players who are automatically put in a squad together access to the squad radio messages.
  • Allow all team and squad radio messages to be accessible via the message wheel on both keyboard and controller (e.g. the "Repairing!" radio message is currently not accessible).
  • Have the "Leading for landing!" radio message automatically change to "Taking off!" when the player's plane is already landed, or add it as a separate radio message.
  • Add an option to allow incoming and outgoing radio messages to be spoken in the language of each players' vehicle crew's country.
Edited by BTL_Ace
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...

I would like to have more radio messages because sometimes what is answered in game is not what I really meant. I'd like to have more flexibility and a wide array of situations to quickly explain by pushing two keys, rather than by taking the amount of time needed for writing in the chat.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...