Courier_Mojave

Bomber gunner doesn't shoot where I am

43 posts in this topic

I press F6 to switch to gunner view, and then aim at an enemy and start shooting. The problem is, as I look at my tracers they are way off from where I am aiming. They're going Significantly to the side, and no - the turret isn't turning.

This has happened more than once. Why?

Guess that means AI gunners can take over and get the kills for you.

Oh wait..

What I hate is that you have to over compensate and then when the enemy changes paths you are left in the dust swing your turret around like you are swatting at bugs or something.

[attachment=15673:shot 2013.06.19 23.40.49.jpg][attachment=15674:Untitled.jpg]

Might be a bug, sometimes my rear gunners only turns 90' center while the welly rear gunner can actually cover 180'

Yup ntoiced it too. Aim was miles off no matter what I did.

Can't remember what I was in though. Think it was a PE-3 but might have been an He 111

Open season baby.  Maybe they broke the gunners on purpose to see just how powerful the changes to bomber resiliance are.  This is still a beta after all.

To be honest even with them completely broken, I'm not noticing much difference.

In either case.. it's rare to get hits.. NEVER critical hits.. and it seems no matter where you aim or what you do.. a fighter can just park on your 6 at .3km and just spray.. and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I searched the forum for just this bug, was about to make a new thread about it. I've noticed it in every one of my bombers, mostly my Wellington. It's a shame because I got my hopes up when I saw gunners had been fixed only to get in game and look like a total spanner as I shot into thin air.

Us bomber pilots need some love and affection. :(

Had a BF109 on my 6 in my Heinkel. Had to manually compensate for some crazy trajectory on my bullets (30% or so to the left owhere i was aiming), but i hit him 6 times. Got accredited for all hits with increased xp/lions but no crits. Now, this is the 7.92mm only yet he kept on flying like nothing had happened. On the deathcam i noticed some tiny holes in his wings, but that was all. I feel i am not credited for actually holding off for almost a minute with a 109 on my tail. This kinda stuff gets boring and old very fast, so i am putting my bombers on hold for now.

it is "interesting".

my blenheim cuppola shots horribly wrong, bullets fly all over the place. impossible to hit a thing.

but G4M is all right. I  have just killed 2 fighters in 5 seconds using rear 20mm, it was epic. 

With the useless AI-Gunners and the poor accuracy in gunners view they can fix the DM for bombers again and again. It will change nothing for the bomber pilots atm. How to defend your bomber while you can only spray your bullets in all directions (except that of the attacking fighter) is a miracle for me. I scored over 70 Kills with my beaufort in the last 4 weeks (the two cal. 0.50s in the front turret are great) but since 1.31 my gunner dont even hit the enemy when im at his 6 flying straight forward. And aiming the rear gunner yourself doesnt improve anything, because the bullets/ tracers doesnt match the crosshair.

As a fighter you can catch up at the 6 of a bomber and carefully aim at his engines or wingroot without being in danger that your engine or pilot gets knocked out.

was out in the Beaufort VIII today.

loving the new DM for the bombers but yeah the rear gun sight is off by around 10-15*ish.. found i had to use the tracer of the bullets to line them up with the following fighters. once i started to aim with the tracers and not the crosshair, it was fine and predictable, if a little odd.

thanks to the new DM i survived just long enough to work out how to use the rear gun properly. still didn't last really long once the fighers started coming at me from anywhere but behind-ish. two steps forward and one step back. still it's progress from the last patch. i'm sure they will sort the rear guns out then the bombers are almost bang on after that.

I've noticed this as well.

The cause for the problems I've noticed are almost certainly that the automatic gunner placement behaviour is not working properly and is sticking me inside inappropriate gunner positions for what I'm trying to shoot at.

I have noticed dozens of times already flying bombers that trying to use my rear gunner position to shoot enemy will not fire behind me, after trying to figure out why I noticed in the bottom left hand corner was the message "Gunner: Target in dead zone", and after some playing around it turns out that the game is forcing me to control the front gunners position, even though when I switch to gunner mode it displays as if I should be the tail gunner.

Other footage from another thread someone made recently seems to show that they switched to gunner, and it displayed as if they should be the rear gunner, but in fact they seemed to be controlling the front as well.

Hopefully this will get fixed very fast, as it is rather game breaking.

Yup. Bombers are becoming flying targets for the enemy.

I don't like leaving mine in the hangar because I feel that, by using them, I might be able to help the team win, but...

Well, I just finished a run. Didn't get shot down at all as I went around the edge of the map. But I only damaged the base a bit and got very few lions and fewer XP for that. It took most of the game just to get around without being spotted.