FilipAleksanderS

T-10M battle rating

I would like to compare T-10M to its NATO Cold War counterparts and figure out why it sits at battle ratig of 8.3.

1. Turret armour and mantlet of Conqueror, T-10M and M103:

-T-10M turret cheeks ranges from 290mm to 416mm, mantlet ranges from 107mm to 380mm.

-Conqueror turret cheeks ranges from 390 to 500mm, mantlet ranges from 211 to 368mm.

-M103 turret cheeks ranges from 202mm to 397mm, mantlet ranges from 390mm to 500mm.

2. Hull armour:

-T-10M UFP ranges from 262mm to 292mm, LFP ranges from 200mm to 207mm.

-Conqueror UFP ranges from 349mm to 356mm, LFP ranges from 114mm to 117mm.

-M103 UFP ranges from 209mm to even 479mm, LFP ranges from 184mm to 240mm.

3.Main gun:

-T-10M APHE is weaker in penetration to M103 AP round, but both rounds deal catastrophic damge

-T-10M APDS is just a bit weaker than Conqueror APDS and both deal identical amout of damage. After recent APDS buff both rounds are capable of killing instantly or crippling opponets.

-Conqueror HESH is capable of one-shoting T-10M thru hull or even turret quite reliably.

-M103 HEAT-FS and T-10M HEAT-FS are almost identical in penetration and damage wise.

-All three tanks have identical reload rates.

-Conqueror and T-10M have stab that allows to get the frist shot while M103 doesn't

4. Speed:

-T-10M seems to be faster in the straight line, but spaded M103 and Conqueror are not too far behind and they can turn way faster. Especially Conqueror.

5. Other features:

-No one usually mentions that, but M103 and Conqueror both have acces to Rangefinder modification. There is plenty of long range maps right now and T-10M isn't capable of getting first shot on target as fast as M103 and Conqueror.

-T-10M have ESS and smoke launchers, Conqueror have smoke launchers and M103 have only smoke shells that are hardly ever used due to long reloading gun.

Conclusion: M103 and Conqueror are better at sniping and can take out T-10M without a problem even from range while T-10M is better at brawling, but lacks ability to snipe due to way slower Rangefinder and pure gun depression. After recen HEAT-FS buff all 7.7 medium tanks can one-shot T-10M reliably. L7 got its accuracy fixed as well.

I know there is IS-7 at 8.0 already, but not everyone grinded it and the spam is over. IS-3 and IS-4 are both outclassed by M103, Conqueror.

In my opinion T-10M could go to 8.0, because right now it suffers because of things like XM-1, T-55AM, Leopard 1 120 etc. I know all of these tanks could go up instead, but they are premium, so the chance is slim. Post your opinions here, but please be open-minded and don't post things like Russian bias etc. I mainly play Conqueror and after unlocking T-10M some time ago it struck me that this heavy just isn't Op at all and could get some love after being thrown to purgatory.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal

The T-10M only has two flaws: slow reload and no rangefinder (but the 14.5mm is excellent for range finding)

it is really a vastly superior vehicle overall to the M103 and Conqueror, whose pathetically weak side armor and poor mobility means they are limited to long range sniping only. the T-10M on the other hand is a medium tank with the armor and gun of a heavy and is perfect for ambushing.

Sure, it could be dropped to 8.0 but It has no problem where it is at the moment. I'm even finding it particularly useful in top tier matches, since it's one of the few tanks that can reliably one-shot those pesky abramses at any range, while also being mobile enough to get into a decent firing position. Just don't get spotted.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal

From my experience it isn't all that more moblie than Conqueror and its armour is non existand versus even 90mm HEAT-FS. Maybe I'am just bad player, but for me this tank isn't 8.3 material.

Worth to mention M103 after all the fixes to armour and ammo is amazing, just amazing. Conqueror isn't bad at all and most of the negative coments about this tank are from players who probably go cap in it.

• Confused 2
medal medal

21 minutes ago, FilipAleksanderS said:

From my experience it isn't all that more moblie than Conqueror and its armour is non existand versus even 90mm HEAT-FS. Maybe I'am just bad player, but for me this tank isn't 8.3 material.

Worth to mention M103 after all the fixes to armour and ammo is amazing, just amazing. Conqueror isn't bad at all and most of the negative coments about this tank are from players who probably go cap in it.

if it had a better reload it would be 9.0 material, it really is one of the most versatile tanks in the game

medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, i_ivanof said:

if it had a better reload it would be 9.0 material, it really is one of the most versatile tanks in the game

Reload isn't going to get changed, so we are talking about what we have now. Versatile enough to face XM-1 all the time?

medal medal

7 minutes ago, FilipAleksanderS said:

Reload isn't going to get changed, so we are talking about what we have now. Versatile enough to face XM-1 all the time?

yes, if it had a better reload

XM1s are food for it, as long as they dont come in large groups

medal medal medal

The T-10M does feel a bit of an anachronism at its BR.  By the time you get to 8.3, non-composite armour doesn't really help you out much at all.  Too many modern rounds flying about.  And the crew is so densely packed in with the ammo that it tends to get one shotted quite easily which is unusual for a heavy..  And the reload is usually the worst on the battlefield.

That said, I dunno if it needs lowering.  I don't think it'd be the worst thing if it was, but it's not a necessity. If nothing else, it gets carried to victory by the strong Russian line up.   You definitely need to change the way you play it though. It can't plough into battle the way the IS-1 or IS-6 can. 

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Matt_82 said:

The T-10M does feel a bit of an anachronism at its BR.  By the time you get to 8.3, non-composite armour doesn't really help you out much at all.  Too many modern rounds flying about.  And the crew is so densely packed in with the ammo that it tends to get one shotted quite easily which is unusual for a heavy..  And the reload is usually the worst on the battlefield.

That said, I dunno if it needs lowering.  I don't think it'd be the worst thing if it was, but it's not a necessity. If nothing else, it gets carried to victory by the strong Russian line up.   You definitely need to change the way you play it though. It can't plough into battle the way the IS-1 or IS-6 can. 

Exactly. Its just IS-3 with better gun and stab in my opinion. M48 just ignore your armour no problem. Trust me I play it very, very cautiously. My main is Conqueror, so I have learned how to stay back and hide weaker parts of armour, but it doesn't change the fact that XM-1 are everywhere and react way faster. T-55AM in mixed battles are very common and are almost immune to your gun and they can just lolpen you in return.

Edited by FilipAleksanderS
medal medal

sorry, but its a bad idea to move the t10m down to 8.0, especially when you compare it to other tanks at 8.0 or 8.3....

in addition: the conqueror is terrible. yeah, the gun might be accurate, but the APDS is a pain to use, as it barely deals any damage.

the t10m has the mobility many medium tanks wish for, has APHE to nuke anyone and doesnt need APDS or HEATFS.

the thing we need is more decompression and tanks to fill the void in ALL techtrees... if you look at the british, you jump from 7.3 to 8.3 in terms of tanks, how is that fair or balanced? the russians have (except for 6.7) no BR where they really lack behind.

just think about it: someone plays the british, spades cent mk10/vickers/conq and unlocks the chieftain mk3 and has to use those tanks as backups against 9.0 or 9.3 tanks when the chief is destroyed. thats 2 BRs lower than the opposition, and you want the russians with smooth lineup-transitions to receive favourable treatment?

no, the russian tree is still arguably the best fleshed out techtree towards top tiers. they dont need anything like this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Matt_82 said:

I'm guessing that these will become quite rare once they move the Leos and TAM down to 8.7.

No one will use the TAM unless the APFSDS drops in price.

45 minutes ago, inset_judgement said:

It should switch BR's with the IS-7 imho

For once I agree with you.

medal medal medal

The hull armour is laughed at by every tank it faces, so shoot there, theres plenty of ammo there. 

Slowest reload in the game from 8.0 up, which is a big deal due to the current meta. 

On 22/11/2018 at 05:54, Loongsheep said:

No one will use the TAM unless the APFSDS drops in price.

I see the TAM in every 8.7 game i have so thats false. 

The T10m should be at 8.0, it has no place in 8.3,facing 9.3 tanks in uptiers and so on. 

medal

43 minutes ago, Turra said:

I use TAM with HEATFS as APFSDS is not economically sustainable, one shot and you are making some profits from killing an enemy, two shots and you lose money...

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Turra said:

The hull armour is laughed at by every tank it faces, so shoot there, theres plenty of ammo there. 

Slowest reload in the game from 8.0 up, which is a big deal due to the current meta. 

I am pretty sure the armor makes plenty of difference when facing IFV and SPAAG.

I think it is the only tank that has a real chance to stop 30mm+ APDS even from the sides at normal range. A Gepard can shred a Abrams from the side, but the T-10M will be just OK.

4 hours ago, Turra said:

You do realize that is a 1 month old comment, right?

4 hours ago, Turra said:

The T10m should be at 8.0, it has no place in 8.3,facing 9.3 tanks in uptiers and so on. 

It is far too good downtiering to 7.0-7.3, which we know is quite common with 8.0 tanks.

If the M60A1 and Chieftain Mk.3 stay 8.3, so should the T-10M. On the other hand, I prefer if they all go down.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

On 24/12/2018 at 15:37, Loongsheep said:

It is far too good downtiering to 7.0-7.3, which we know is quite common with 8.0 tanks.

And would it really be that big difference as IS-7 is already 8,0?

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

On 24/12/2018 at 15:37, Loongsheep said:

If the M60A1 and Chieftain Mk.3 stay 8.3, so should the T-10M. On the other hand, I prefer if they all go down

There are about 23 tanks from 7.0 up to 8.0 that has access to high pen heat, heat-fs or ATGMS with above 300mm pen

and about 37 from 6.3 up to 8.0 that has access to high pen heat, heat-fs or ATGMS with above 300mm pen.

From 7.0 up to 8.0 there is about 29 tanks that can penetrate T10m frontally from any range, if we count hesh with above 120mm pen too.

If we count from 6.3 up to a full uptier to 9.0 (if t10m has a br at 8.0) there is about 67 tanks that can totaly yeet the t10m frontally from any range.

Still think that the tank is too powerful for 8.0?

• Confused 1
medal

On 27/12/2018 at 05:48, Turra said:

There are about 23 tanks from 7.0 up to 8.0 that has access to high pen heat, heat-fs or ATGMS with above 300mm pen

and about 37 from 6.3 up to 8.0 that has access to high pen heat, heat-fs or ATGMS with above 300mm pen.

From 7.0 up to 8.0 there is about 29 tanks that can penetrate T10m frontally from any range, if we count hesh with above 120mm pen too.

If we count from 6.3 up to a full uptier to 9.0 (if t10m has a br at 8.0) there is about 67 tanks that can totaly yeet the t10m frontally from any range.

Still think that the tank is too powerful for 8.0?

Wanted to answer in detail but feels like wasting time.

tl;dr:

Can penetrate =/= reliable penetration

Reliable penetration =/= easy to kill

easy to kill =/= weak if gun and mobility are adequate.

On 27/12/2018 at 05:05, LahvanCz said:

And would it really be that big difference as IS-7 is already 8,0?

Yes, because It will have more chance facing 7.0-7.3 tanks which have little chance defeating it without getting killed itself first.

It still takes 5+ hits to kill a T-10M with 105mm without HEAT frontally.

Edited by Loongsheep
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Loongsheep said:

Can penetrate =/= reliable penetration

Reliable penetration =/= easy to kill

easy to kill =/= weak if gun and mobility are adequate.

Dude, as i mentioned.

"about 23 tanks from 7.0 up to 8.0 that has access to high pen heat, heat-fs or ATGMS with above 300mm pen"

300mm pen heat-fs rofl pens the t10m, do some kind of research, look at the armour value, look at armour analyser so you can see what i'm talking about.

because It will have more chance facing 7.0-7.3 tanks which have little chance defeating it without getting killed itself first.

So you think fully uptiered tanks should have an equal footing against tanks 1.0br higher? what the ****.... for real?

"tanks which have little chance defeating it without getting killed itself first" youre refering to tanks in a full uptier match vs a top tier heavytank...and you want them to be able to easily kill the t10m?

wtf do you think the br system is for?!  what in the world have lead you to belive that fully uptiered tanks should have a easy time against top tiered heavytanks?!

just look at what i wrote in the comment above, and check if its true yourself... theres a f***ton of tanks that can yeet the t10m frontally from any range.

And what tanks are you refering too? what situation? stock or not? what ammo are they firing?? this comment is so vague i cannot belive that you posted it. are you trolling?

It still takes 5+ hits to kill a T-10M with 105mm without HEAT frontally.

Fyi, i laughed out loud at this one.

This is 100% behind the controls problem. Are you shooting the same spot over and over again? at what range? are you sniping for crew? Do you shoot the sideskirts?

The tank have so much ammo all around if hard to miss, look at the xray.

The tanks is incredibly cramped and thats not a good thing post pen.

When i play the tank it never takes more than 2 shots to kill me if its closer than 1km with apfsds or heat-fs.

Edited by Turra
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
medal

Yea, I think I wasted time on the last reply.

Some people with 500 posts still thinks 7.0-7.3 tanks have APFSDS and still can't see the difference of damage between a 105mm APDS vs T-10M APHE.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Edited by Loongsheep
  • Like 1
medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

Yea, I think I wasted time on the last reply.

Some people with 500 posts still thinks 7.0-7.3 tanks have APFSDS and still can't see the difference of damage between a 105mm APDS vs T-10M APHE.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Yep that is correct. 

medal

On 29/10/2018 at 17:45, FilipAleksanderS said:

I would like to compare T-10M to its NATO Cold War counterparts and figure out why it sits at battle ratig of 8.3.

1. Turret armour and mantlet of Conqueror, T-10M and M103:

-T-10M turret cheeks ranges from 290mm to 416mm, mantlet ranges from 107mm to 380mm.

-Conqueror turret cheeks ranges from 390 to 500mm, mantlet ranges from 211 to 368mm.

-M103 turret cheeks ranges from 202mm to 397mm, mantlet ranges from 390mm to 500mm.

2. Hull armour:

-T-10M UFP ranges from 262mm to 292mm, LFP ranges from 200mm to 207mm.

-Conqueror UFP ranges from 349mm to 356mm, LFP ranges from 114mm to 117mm.

-M103 UFP ranges from 209mm to even 479mm, LFP ranges from 184mm to 240mm.

3.Main gun:

-T-10M APHE is weaker in penetration to M103 AP round, but both rounds deal catastrophic damge

-T-10M APDS is just a bit weaker than Conqueror APDS and both deal identical amout of damage. After recent APDS buff both rounds are capable of killing instantly or crippling opponets.

-Conqueror HESH is capable of one-shoting T-10M thru hull or even turret quite reliably.

-M103 HEAT-FS and T-10M HEAT-FS are almost identical in penetration and damage wise.

-All three tanks have identical reload rates.

-Conqueror and T-10M have stab that allows to get the frist shot while M103 doesn't

4. Speed:

-T-10M seems to be faster in the straight line, but spaded M103 and Conqueror are not too far behind and they can turn way faster. Especially Conqueror.

5. Other features:

-No one usually mentions that, but M103 and Conqueror both have acces to Rangefinder modification. There is plenty of long range maps right now and T-10M isn't capable of getting first shot on target as fast as M103 and Conqueror.

-T-10M have ESS and smoke launchers, Conqueror have smoke launchers and M103 have only smoke shells that are hardly ever used due to long reloading gun.

Conclusion: M103 and Conqueror are better at sniping and can take out T-10M without a problem even from range while T-10M is better at brawling, but lacks ability to snipe due to way slower Rangefinder and pure gun depression. After recen HEAT-FS buff all 7.7 medium tanks can one-shot T-10M reliably. L7 got its accuracy fixed as well.

I know there is IS-7 at 8.0 already, but not everyone grinded it and the spam is over. IS-3 and IS-4 are both outclassed by M103, Conqueror.

In my opinion T-10M could go to 8.0, because right now it suffers because of things like XM-1, T-55AM, Leopard 1 120 etc. I know all of these tanks could go up instead, but they are premium, so the chance is slim. Post your opinions here, but please be open-minded and don't post things like Russian bias etc. I mainly play Conqueror and after unlocking T-10M some time ago it struck me that this heavy just isn't Op at all and could get some love after being thrown to purgatory.

I agree the T10 should not be at 8.3 it needs to go to 8.0 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

8.0 is fine for t10 m and 8.3 is fine for chieftain , they both has identical chase both just cant stand againts its current br rightnow

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal