British 6.7 underwhelming

14 minutes ago, Loongsheep said:

The FV4005 is even more occasional with the longest reload in game. The HESH doesn't even kill King Tigers in one hit anymore.

And it had a load assist system as well as 4 loaders. Yet it has a 30-40 second reload rate. With all crew. You lose one or two and it goes down to 1 minute

medal medal

7 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

The FV4005 is even more occasional with the longest reload in game. The HESH doesn't even kill King Tigers in one hit anymore.

image.png

This was today. 3 King Tigers 1 shot. I fired 9 shots and got 8 kills. 

The 183 mm HESH still works wonders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, magazine2 said:

where do you aim?

due to the shell drop I seem to be constantly hitting the transmission and only taking out the driver and machine gunner

and if I hit the turret, it doesn't ever seem to make it to the ammunition

medal medal

19 hours ago, GoddePro said:

where do you aim?

due to the shell drop I seem to be constantly hitting the transmission and only taking out the driver and machine gunner

and if I hit the turret, it doesn't ever seem to make it to the ammunition

They shell drop isn't that bad. If on the side I aim for center mass pretty much, slightly on the turret and frontally I aim for the turret area as the explosion will splash down and kill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

the probelm i have with the Doom barn is that even when hitting the same place on the same model of tank the results can be very inconsistant like theres times where i just wipe a King tiger crew when hitting the UFP other times its just the driver and machine gunner 

Every time i aim for the turret my shell seems to magicaly get magnitised towards there barrel which eats the whole thing i mean yes they now cant shoot back but i know there repair will always be faster than my reload.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, magazine2 said:

image.png

Interesting.

I somehow do better with the AVRE, but I think that is because it is better armored and the drop forces me to play at close range.

medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

Seriously? Underperforming? 

Are you really joking?

You know that british 6.7 just stomps everyone?

Stabilizer + Troll armour + APDS with the best pen at the br.

Tell me this is underperforming...

• Haha 1
medal

41 minutes ago, Soviet_Megumin said:

+ Troll armour

that's only something's that's come in since the volumetric update Prior to that  6.7 was rather squishy and  tied with subpar mobility it wasnt the best. also when this thread was made APDS and Solid shot were really underperforming

Edited by TerikG2014
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Soviet_Megumin said:

Seriously? Underperforming? 

Are you really joking?

You know that british 6.7 just stomps everyone?

Stabilizer + Troll armour + APDS with the best pen at the br.

Tell me this is underperforming...

Well the thread is from 2018.   My memory is fuzzy, but at times APDS rounds were under-performing with subpar spalling.  Maybe APDS wasn't performing well back then.  But yeah, these days 6.7 britain is undertiered which is why a lot of them are being uptiered to 7.0.

They still shouldn't have such outrageous repair costs though.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Funny this thread made it this far, I'm not happy with 6.7 at 7.0 now. I never thought 6.7 was very good and preferred other brs, I did well but I always felt it was more due to my skill and the general stupidity of the usually german team. I always thought it was balanced because I would have needed multiple shots to kill a tiger 2 while they just needed 1 nuke shell to kill me. Fortunately for me the germans rarely ran away so I got my second and third shots in. I'm staying away from 7.0 due to the repair cost currently but I'm assuming the postpen got nerfed again? The rooikat got nerfed hard with the apfsds changes and I wouldn't be surprised if changes occurred at 7.0, guns arent much bigger than the rooikats. On the other hand the conway got a postpen buff or I got way better since the last time I played it, that thing can hold its own in 9.0 matches.

In retrospect 2018 was the best the british tree has ever been during the time I have played it. It's sad how pathetic it is now.

medal medal