Jump to content

British 6.7 underwhelming


3 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

The so called good british stuff is nowhere even close to being on par with the Russians and germans, without br decreases and apds post pen performance buff I see no reason to continue play these tanks. 

 

I understand you very well. I am a player of German, Russian, British and American tanks. British tanks have the worst performance by far. You can not trust their ammunition, you can not trust their armor and they do not have speed.

 

They are tanks designed for IRL defensive positions, but the design of the game and the maps forces the close confrontation CQC, something for which the British tanks were never designed. And if you try by all possible means to be a good player, keep the distance, flank and use helmet positions, the wonderful APHE will cross your turret almost from anywhere. You can not even use a helmet position with the Conqueror, where a 208mm APHE can go through your mantlet.

 

Can you have good games with the British? Of course, but that only means that you are a player above average, and will always do better with other nations.

 

Edit: by my own humble experience: if you want a nation that has everything, mobility, firepower, speed, armor, weapon zoom, low repair costs, the best alienations 7.7 and 8.3 ... go to the Russians. And I want to make it clear that I do not suggest any bias here, just coincidentally the Russians have the best alienation at those levels.

Edited by DarkHearth
  • Like 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he means the post, might’ve been a double post or irelevant. 

 

Anyways, it is good to see you enjoying the British 6.7 lineup! It’s definitely an acquired taste, but well worth it once you get the hang of things.   

  • Like 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not that they're unplayable there just so blatantly underpowered and gaijin does nothing. It isn't one tank, its an entire tier!

I just played a match where I got nuked at 2000m by an is-3 after I unloaded 11 shots into him, zero pen... all he had to do was hit my cupola at the most xxxx angle. every British tank but the Caernarvon that has 6.7 should be 6.3, its criminal that they have 6.7. They should for no reason be facing Russian 7.3-7.7 on a normal basis. The brits also have nothing that can compete with the tiger 2 at range

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was shooting his side lmao. I cannot touch is3/6 I should be able to pen the side plate but it almost always bounces idk what bullsh*t bounce mechanic they have built into it but there is no other tank I have had the same experiences with.

 

I just got into yet another match with Is6's and got killed by one, just came around the corner there was nothing I could do and I had nowhere to go. It was a 7.7 match as usual so I didn't bother respawning, went back to the hangar

Edited by CookieMonster_24
  • Like 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

I was shooting his side lmao. I cannot touch is3/6 I should be able to pen the side plate but it almost always bounces idk what bullsh*t bounce mechanic they have built into it but there is no other tank I have had the same experiences with

 

I understand your pain very well. Personally, I have resigned myself to using British and I wait for Gaijin to fix the unrealistic performance of the ammunition. Above all, APDS.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

another 7.7 match now..... Gaijin needs to expand br 6.0 to max  br. Way to compressed that's the main problem (along with apds) 6.3-6.7 should never have to face an is3/6

 

Personally I agree with you. But for some unknown reason, this you see has been like that for years.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

true, people say Russian bias is fake, is3 and is6 look no further. You might say they get clubbed when they are uptiered, but due to the amount of players in 6.7-7.7 that rarely seems to happen. On a complete downtier the brits can easily be countered by even tiger h1s and panther d's, that's why I think a 6.3 br would be okay. They wouldn't be anywhere close to as op as the is6/3 on a downtier, if the is3/6 can be that way why can't the brits get a br decrease, that's just my thought process

Should I research fv4005 or cent mk10 first? just got the tortoise

  • Like 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

Should I research fv4005 or cent mk10 first? just got the tortoise

 

I forgot the Turtle, probably the best British vehicle in 6.7

I do not have the FV4005, but it is said that its cannon is excellent to annihilate everything. If I have Centurion 10, but suffers from an APDS that does not kill anything.

I would go for the fV.

 

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

really the turtle? I just got oneshotted in it

I'll have to try it more I guess

 

Seriously. It has an incredibly accurate cannon, with high ROF and AP ammunition that can kill things.

Three tips: try to protect the LFP, tilt the vehicle a little to maximize the effective armor and whenever possible, keep the distance.

When you have all the mobility modules you will also discover that the Turtle is an incredibly mobile tank. Slow, but very mobile. If you keep the distance, it will be incredibly difficult for the enemy to flank you.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkHearth said:

 

Seriously. It has an incredibly accurate cannon, with high ROF and AP ammunition that can kill things.

Three tips: try to protect the LFP, tilt the vehicle a little to maximize the effective armor and whenever possible, keep the distance.

When you have all the mobility modules you will also discover that the Turtle is an incredibly mobile tank. Slow, but very mobile. If you keep the distance, it will be incredibly difficult for the enemy to flank you.

 

Why would they need to flank you when anyone can just nuke you through the commanders MG turret

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

just nuke you through the commanders MG turret

he is 100% correct this is the problem with the tortoise, and the fv4202. They both make their most viable tactic of hull down completely useless and not advantageous

The other problem is the fact that one shotting most of anything is near impossible

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I did some poking around in the tech tree and protection analysis, how are the t10m and chieftain mk3 balanced????

The chieftain mk3 looks worse than the fv4202 at its br

 

On the other hand, the mk10 looks like good fun, wish it was 9.0 instead f 9.3 though, probably is always put in top tier matches

Edited by CookieMonster_24
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 10:13, CookieMonster_24 said:

Btw I did some poking around in the tech tree and protection analysis, how are the t10m and chieftain mk3 balanced????

The chieftain mk3 looks worse than the fv4202 at its br

 

On the other hand, the mk10 looks like good fun, wish it was 9.0 instead f 9.3 though, probably is always put in top tier matches

The Chieftain MK.3 has been the best British tank beyond 6.7 for months until recent addition of OP enemy tanks.

There is no problem fighting T-10M in it:

  • Great 120mm gun. Decent reload, stabilized and accurate.
  • 120mm APDS and HESH, both have seen their buff and nerf, but remain capable. The 120mm APDS has unique damage model that can easily 1-2 shots kill, while the 120mm HESH can exploit the sloped from hull of the T-10M and kill or disable it with single shot.
  • Armor and layout makes it generally immune from instant death when LFP is covered.

The T-10M beats you big time in mobility, but if you strike first or play smart, you can win most of the duels.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

The Chieftain MK.3 has been the best British tank beyond 6.7 for months until recent addition of OP enemy tanks.

There is no problem fighting T-10M in it:

  • Great 120mm gun. Decent reload, stabilized and accurate.
  • 120mm APDS and HESH, both have seen their buff and nerf, but remain capable. The 120mm APDS has unique damage model that can easily 1-2 shots kill, while the 120mm HESH can exploit the sloped from hull of the T-10M and kill or disable it with single shot.
  • Armor and layout makes it generally immune from instant death when LFP is covered.

The T-10M beats you big time in mobility, but if you strike first or play smart, you can win most of the duels.

Strike first or play smart, you can win most of the duels? That's usually a sign of an underperforming tank, lol. That's how I have played the entire british tech tree, never had to do it with the Germans though.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

Strike first or play smart, you can win most of the duels? That's usually a sign of an underperforming tank, lol. That's how I have played the entire british tech tree, never had to do it with the Germans though.

 

Striking first is the single most important factor in tank battles in WT & IRL. You also really shouldn't expect to do well in anything if you don't play smart.

 

However it really isn't the only chance a Chieftain has - Chieftain can penetrate a T-10M pretty much anywhere on its frontal profile while the T-10's APHE can only pen the Chieftain in the LFP, cupola & a couple of unreliable weakspots around the gun. The second biggest differentiator is probably the RoF which is a huge advantage to the Chieftain. Really it's the T-10M which needs to get the drop on Chieftain because if the latter isn't fully exposed or showing its side there's not much the Russian can do, throw more or less any kind of terrain into the mix and the Chieftain is far ahead.

 

Just don't make the mistake of thinking that a strong turret means you can just sit and let people shoot at it - if you give them time to aim eventually they will land a hit on the barrel/breech/cupola. This goes for all tanks including the 4202 you were complaining about previously - I don't personally like the 4202 for a variety of reasons but lack of turret armour isn't one of them. These tanks all have stabilisers so hide entirely while reloading and poke out very quickly using the stabiliser to shoot without stopping, the enemy either won't shoot at all (because if they miss you can take your time to aim at them thanks to higher RoF) or they rush their shot which heavily reduces the chance of hitting a weakspot. Many people complain about the Conqueror turret as well even though it is among the best in the game but of course isn't totally idiot-proof, given time to aim enemies can hit the very small weakspots however a little movement and wiggling makes it massively harder.

Edited by HammyTheHamster1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...