Batwingsix

[Fwd: Oct. 28th 2018] Mouse-camera bug in simulator EC

After 1.83, myself and a few others I play simulator with regularly are having issues when attempting to pan the camera around while in cockpit view. When we press the free look key and move the mouse, often times it will only allow us to look left or right while blocking the opposite direction movement completely. After this occurs, when we press the free look key the view will randomly pivot to a direction and mess up the view controls even more. This hasn't happened to myself outside of any simulator battles. I tried cockpit view in RB and had no issues, however even in a test flight on simulator difficulty the view problem persists.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello all,

I have been playing some Simulator enduring conflict battles recently and I think I've found a bug with the view control. I currently use the mouse-joy method to fly in sim (the default). I use mouse-look to look around and keep track of enemies. However I've noticed that recently, when I turn my view, or sometimes even when I just press the mouse-look activation key, I come up against a limit, much like when you look to the rear of the plane. This prevents me from accurately keeping track of enemies. It can sometimes be fixed by holding my mouse-look key and rolling slightly. I have not tested this in other modes while using the cockpit view. This is conjecture, but it seem to me like the mouse-look does not track the turning of the aircraft and keeps the same orientation relative to the map. I made a short video, but it doesn't provide much info as you can't see what my control inputs are. Generally when the camera is moving slowly I am experiencing the "limit" I was talking about. I will also provide my clog. Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

https://youtu.be/jQvMzijUeJE

Regards,

Luftwaffles 

2018_10_27_17_44_09__12492.clog

• Like 1
medal medal medal

Thank you for you interest in improving the game.

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the Developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have also encountered this problem with the camera control in SB.

From testing it in the test drive it seems to be caused by turning the plane in M&K controls.
I've recorded a video of this glitch, it happens when my camera is moving slowly to one side or the other or when it stops moving from one side or the other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh1E1jhLFAU

I am also including screenshots of my camera control setup in case it might help

shot 2018.10.28 16.14.58.jpg

shot 2018.10.28 16.15.25.jpg

shot 2018.10.28 16.15.35.jpg

shot 2018.10.28 16.15.47.jpg

Edited by Robbie174
fixed a typing error, had "the plane" put in twice on the second line
medal medal medal medal

Hey guys,

I am also experiencing the same issue here. I logged on after the new update 1.83 for some Air SIM and find out the camera angle is bugged. I also tried in test flight with different country and different types of aircraft.

The issue are just like how you guys described: Air SIM battle, mouse and keyboard with mouse joystick. I get camera lock into random angle wile on the runway and while airborne. The speed does not matter. However I find some pattern that while I start turn left or right, the camera will slowly pushing my view to the opposite side. And sometimes the angle of camera will switch from locking one side to the other. Sometimes I can freely look around while holding C but most of the time the camera will be limited on random angles in the cockpit.

I never experienced anything like this from my 1400+hr of game play before and this really is game breaking for me.

The attachments are two game sessions I played, both were experiencing the same issue. The latest file was just me trying to figure out if this issue is related to my controls. All of the flights are done in test drive.

Hope you guys can find a solution and best of luck!

2018_10_26_02_26_52__9136.clog

2018_10_26_00_40_54__5660.clog

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello,

I too am having this same issue; I contacted customer support and they led me here. Issue is only present in simulator mode using mouse camera from cockpit first person view.  I attached the control panel images support had me make as well as my client log and dxdiag reports. The issue for me is the same as it is described by others above, hope this is helpful. I too have heard others with this issue as well.

If there's anything more I can provide, please let me know. Thanks.

Aircraft Camera Screenshot.png

Tank Camera Screenshot.png

2018_10_25_08_53_06__79244.clog

DxDiag.txt

Dear Gaijin!

Same issue, in the two pic you can see the difference where the camera locks up randomly in different posittion in different times. I couldn't investigate it what is launching the bug (button press or mouse movement etc.)

I hope it will be solve soon, unfortunately it makes the game unplayable in sim battles! 

All the best!

IMG_20181027_232829.jpg

IMG_20181027_232941.jpg

So i was doing a flight test in sim when i noticed that i couldn't turn my head to my right or left depending on which way i was flying. I thought this was maybe just a weird bug and wasn't really worried. I later tried mm sim and it happened again. I am on mouse and keyboard and asked if anyone had the same problem and as it seemed most people had this problem too since the update (accept for people with TrackIR.) 

From what i understand it has something to do with where the battle or airfeeld is but i could be totally wrong. When i look in one direction i sometimes can't look fully in that direction, sometimes not in that direction and at all and it steers my to my right/left and sometimes i can look both ways just fine (but that oonly happens when you fly in a straight line from your airfeeld). 

Hola yo también sufro el mismo inconveniente y se que lo toman en cuenta pero cuando saldrá esa "proxima actualizacion" gaijin por que relamente es muy dificil jugar con eso y mas contra jugadores que no sufren des esto en la imagen no me permite mover la cabeza ala izquierda o derecha solo hacia abajo.

War Thunder (DirectX 11, 32bit) 29_10_2018 17_22_01.png

From my testing of this issue it is not random at all. I think the issue is that the free-view camera somehow does not register that your plane is facing a different direction. The best way I can describe it is if we look at a game map: from the left side to the right side is the x axis an from the top side to the bottom is the y axis, then the view controls are, locked, facing the x axis. If I, in either direction, fly parallel to the x axis anywhere on a map, the view controls are fine, but if I fly in any other direction the view controls start limiting how far I can look left or right(or up or down if the plane is tilted). If I fly around 45 degrees between the axis the view controls keeps switching between stopping me from being able to look left or right.

Seeing as the issue has been notified, I don't know if this knowledge is of any use any more.

• Upvote 1

Guest olympic_walnut

I was on the Stalingrad Simulator custom match with a Bf 109 E-3. I did some flying, shot down about 4 targets, and started heading for the enemy base. I saw what looked like either a La-9 or Yak-3P and trailed them. I positioned for the perfect shot but then they pulled off. I tried looking at the plane as it pulled away but then a glitch occurred. For some reason, the camera only accepted looking to the left and behind. I couldn't look right or above me. I wanted to talk about this issue because it put me at a dangerous disadvantage. For example, if there was an enemy P-51D to my right side, I wouldn't be able to see them, but they could look out and see me.

2018_11_06_10_58_05__6024.clog

I'm also having this issue.

I thought it was Russian hackers getting mad that I was shooting them down and they were messing with me somehow :dntknw:

Super glad to see it's just a game glitch and it'll be fixed soon. I've only recently graduated to Sim mode and I was doing pretty dang good until I couldn't track the enemies anymore.

Dog fighting is basically impossible for me and anyone else who got this glitch.. So I guess it's back to good ole bombing runs until the next update. :017:

Big thanks to Gaijin and the moderators for staying on top of this!! You guys rock :salute:

Same issue , i am viewing this post since update 1.83 .

2 updates, bug fixes and nothing about...

my game experience at air SB has beeing poor, i am waiting,

have any answers from development team? update our information please!!

Love ur game , all the best

medal

This is my video ( i know the quality is not good but i was trying to add it fast to youtube thats why i change compression from avi to mp4). the video shows how camera freezing at the center. On the video i cannot turn left because its stuck at the middle of plane. Hope You Guy's will fix it fast as possible.

medal medal medal medal