andrej2750

Air SIM battles - free look/ look around camera locks up

Ok, here it is,

since yesterday's update 1.83 dropped, Im having problems with the look around camera in AIR SIM, whish is what I play most of the time. I use mouse and keyboard, with the control setting for SIM being mouse joystick. The problem is, that it locks up, completely random, sometimes i wont be able to look past my 10 o'clock to 9, 8 and so on, sometimes it will lock up on my right and i cant see past my 2, 3 or 4 o' clock and sometimes it will simultaneosly or on its own lock up vertically, and I cant look up to check if someone is bouncing me. And sometimes it's just fine. So yeah, that's that, it really ******* annoys me, I love flying this game in SIM, but with the current state I just cant keep my situational awareness. I've tried defaulting the controls, it didn't work. SO .... either it's a bug of some sort, or it's a new gameplay mechanic, because I noticed it locks the pilot head's range of motion at high speeds and in not particularly high G manouevers or turns.

Any help, any replies would be very helpful, and let me know if any of you guys/ gals are experiencing the same issue.

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 2

Hi, I have the exact same issue. With me, it is linked to my direction of travel. This is very frustrating and I can't find a solution anywhere. I don't know if this is a setting or a bug? Though I have extensively gone through all of the settings to no avail. I really hope someone will come up with a solution soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ive played some more yesterday and I would like to dismiss the new gameplay mechanic part as i was doing 300 kph in a straight line and it would still randomly lock up my free look camera, and maybe overkill74565 has a point and it has something to do with the direction of travel. Also I dont know if I remember correctly but I was searching for the X-axis toggle on/off in the camera settings, cause sometimes it would just look to the left when I was pulling the mouse to the right. It seems to me like its some conflict going on there.

I would really like to see this thread pushed through to the devs so they can start resolving our gameplay issues mentioned

I guess I'll play some RB to pump up some SL till then. I also feel like this update was rushed for no reason. 

Edited by andrej2750

Also since today, dont know when, my control sensitivity has gone to.... dont even know how to express myself. It's ****! It's slow moving. I have to do like 5 swipes on the mousepad just to apply full elevator, And the camera is even worse. I am so mad right now and I dont understand why was this so rushed, just looking at the forums litting up with tons of problems.

experiencing the same issue. it is happening in all airspeeds. free look will freeze, as well as locking out entire section of the looking area. randomly only being able to look 45deg to the left or not being allowed to look up randomly is making sim unplayable.... 

i dont expect a quick fix. the sim community is the red headed prostitutes kid of the warthunder community... mouse users like us in the sim community... are the xxxxxxx stepchild of the red headed prostitutes kid of the warthunder community. 

• Haha 1
medal

Hey guys,

I am also experiencing the same issue here. I logged on after the new update 1.83 for some Air SIM and find out the camera angle is bugged. I also tried in test flight with different country and different types of aircraft.

The issue are just like how you guys described: Air SIM battle, mouse and keyboard with mouse joystick. I get camera lock into random angle wile on the runway and while airborne. The speed does not matter. However I find some pattern that while I start turn left or right, the camera will slowly pushing my view to the opposite side. And sometimes the angle of camera will switch from locking one side to the other. Sometimes I can freely look around while holding C but most of the time the camera will be limited on random angles in the cockpit.

I never experienced anything like this from my 1400+hr of game play before and this really is game breaking for me.

Hope they can find a solution and best of luck!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

the tech moderator Magicool says they're working on it, but it's been more than a month now ... feelzzzzzzzzz :(

this is the link you wanna keep up with for more and any new info regarding this problem: