Sign in to follow this  
TerminatorNate

B-17 Squadron

Hello everyone!

I've been playing a while but now am looking for pilots who want to try B-17 bomber formations as I am frustrated by the current meta of american bombers and want to work together with fellow bombers to overcome the tremendous odds against American bombers.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Hey there.  Same goes here.  I got into this game for the historical aspect and also to do my best to experience a war I was born to late for.  And American bombers diving solo at their target obviously wasn't how it was done.  So if you are looking to from a formation I'm in.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Hi

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums! :salute:

I would recommend checking out the Looking for a Squadron section and creating a new topic there as this is a place for introducing yourself.

I could join, but I'm somewhat of a R rookie, especially with a bomber. And my b-17's are fresh from the shop, haven't tried any of them yet.

Still, could be fun, and wouldn't be un researched for long. Send a message if u wanna fly later.

Edited by Tidsloop
medal

I just left a mission where we had 6 heavy bombers, flying pretty close together, and they all got mauled because there wasn't a blue fighter anywhere to be seen above 1500m. So good luck with that B-17 squad thing. Hope you have plenty of SL's saved up.

On 20/10/2018 at 12:57, Barry100 said:

Back when you could sometimes survive fighter attacks in a B-17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytpXELQZ0c

Bombers has to get back to something like this...I went out with a bomber today cause i had a destroy 7 bases mission, but when i saw fighters approaching, i just jumped out...Waste of time, they always fall to pieces with one burst these days. When i see a bomber close it just means "oh a free kill!"..Don't know about b - 17 yet since i still haven't taken them out..but if it's not a squad thing, or if they don't buff bombers back up so that they induce some respect for approaching fighters, I probably won't. At least there should be some hesitation to attack a good bomb plane alone. Formation flying can still be fun tho.

medal

American bombers generally flew in a "bomber box" formation to allow for the defensive guns on all bombers to cover each other. Unfortunately the current systems in War Thunder don't really reward bomber formations. If relatively close proximity to a friendly bomber would give a boost to the gunners on both, that would help. Right now, all it does is create a situation where you've got numerous big/slow/juicy targets for the interceptors with 30mm and 37mm cannon to feast upon.

medal medal

Sign in to follow this