Scarper

Developer commentary: FPE, parts, RP gain

Best answer

The RP cost of “parts” and “FPE” modifications has been reduced for ground vehicles:

• Rank 5 - by 35%
  • Rank 6 - by 70%

This reduced cost will be active for 4 months, until the 1st of  March 2019. These changes are not final and may be amended in the future. The final decision as to these costs will be made after the end of this trial.

Too long, didn't watch:

• FPE will be available to research immediately after repair kit;
  • Repair a friend without parts if you're in a squad or just playing a light tank or IFV;
  • No RP cap for actions or activity.

The War Thunder Team

• Like 31
  • Thanks 21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 9

Alright, first things first.

I appreciate that gaijin is taking actions with these issues although there is one small issue.

The main issue with FPE & Parts is that researching them takes too long (the RP cost of the mods itself is just too high, and i mean wayyy too high) 

making it so you only need 1 mod to be able to research tier II mods wont change that whatsoever, RP cost is still the same so it will still take you ages in tier V & VI to research Parts & FPE.

About the RP CAP, Good, i like this!

Smin1080p (Posted )

As we mentioned, there will be changes to the RP reward system too, which in turn will effect how fast you can unlock modules, so this will make it far easier to unlock FPE from stock.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 20
medal medal medal medal medal

mhh ok

my feedback to this:

RP cap removal:

this is great, I very much like it! it will make the grind more pleasent.

Repair a friend without parts if you're in a squad or just playing a light tank or IFV:

this is a good idea, but still puts people without a dedicated squad into a dissatvantage.

I would still like to see it ingame but with following addition:

Allow players to perform a basic (but slower) repair of the tank when it does not have parts.

otherwise you still get punished for owning a new tank, and I think we all can agree that getting punished for playing a new tank without a friend is still bad.

FPE will be available to research immediately after repair kit:

yes thats decent, but it still does not help a stock tank and you still need to grind vital modules.

all in All:

New mechanic is good, but we still have to research vital components to make the tank viable, wich sucks!

Pls consider giving us some sort of basic repairs for players that play alone.

Smin1080p (Posted )

As well as making FPE available right after the repair kit, we are also recalculating the RP reward system, meaning you will be able to earn more RP sooner to unlock them much faster. In addition, you dont have to be in a squad to take benefits of the new repair mechanic. In addition to being able to use friendly cap zones (existing mechanic), IFVs and Light tanks who are not in your squad can also repair you, meaning everyone can take advantage of this and also receive rewards for helping repair teammates, giving incentive to do so.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 19
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No RP cap for actions or activity.

Wooow, Thank you

Decent changes to Parts and FPE.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 10

Well. Its not 1 of April. So can this be true?

Think best part is "No RP cap for actions or activity." :)

Thanks for listening. Best "Fix/Update" in many years!

1 more change that i would like to see. Make it so there are a spot in the spawn are where we also can repair and rearm.

Also add SPAA to the list of vehicles that can help with rep. And spotting(when you are at it) :) 

Edited by Wolf_89
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Point 1 - good

Point 2 - ok, but should not be limited to certain vehicles. In random battles, players cannot control who brings in what vehicle. So this improvement really doesn’t help much.

Point 3 - now this point is either very interesting, or very confusing, based on past company responses. The video now confirms that there is a cap. It has been long stated that there was no kind of cap. We have a lengthy discussion thread talking about it. So now, suddenly, it’s being removed. 

Now, overall a good start, emphasis on start. It seems to be the bare minimum of what could be done. But let’s keep talking. 

Edited by *KnightsCross20
  • Upvote 5
medal

Sounds good, simply from the fact that Gaijin listened to the community and examined whether there is an actual issue or whether we were just getting too excited. 

My main concern is for long range engagements and sniping, will rewards be the same as they are now or will they be lessened because it might end up resulting in less "active" time?

Smin1080p (Posted )

Long range engagements will be taken into account. Inactivity is with regards to literally no combat input.
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well, this could have gone much worse and it could have also gone much better for an average player, but all things considered, changes are for the better.

i hope this will show the players that we can make a change. im proud of the community o7

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

These changes all seem like they will be extremely beneficial.  I understand why they won't make FPE and Parts free; that being said, I hope they at least reduce the RP costs of them somewhat.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly, I don't think this goes far enough.  HOWEVER, this is a real and substantive change.  It will clearly be better than the current system and for that I am thankful.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well this sounds fairly good. IFVs have a more important supporting role on the battlefield, which is very welcome. Not sure how RP gain will go forward, but we'll see. And one less module before FPE is nice too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Very Happy, with how this has been handled by the developers, especially the "NO" RP Cap. sounds like we can get 10k matches normally and 20k + on Really good games.

That should make the grind a lot easier, I'm talking from a Premium Player point of view (where i used to get 10k matches when I've gone really good) and 3 - 5k matches on a normal turn around)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Incremental changes to see how they effect gameplay. I like it.

P.S. Where can I get a 'Russian Bias' shirt like the dude in the video was wearing? :p

• Haha 1
medal medal

I like these changes, its a massive step forward in the right direction and a good compromise. Players can still chose to speed up the grind, but those that either can't or won't can still get parts and fpe in a sensible amount of time, rather than taking god knows how many games to grind just one aspect. 

The removal of the RP cap, which we all knew was there, is going to make it a lot easier for all. As we all know, a happy customer is a returning customer, well those of us that have atleast done a business plan know this. GJ have taken a huge step in listening to the community on all aspects of this issue.

It's surprising that the guy reading sounded a heck of a lot like Bruce you know... how he do the whole lip sinc thing???? lol j/k

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I don't believe I've ever seen a video from the war thunder deva that so pleased me. Good job on listening to the community. 

I know alot of people are still not going to be happy, but I think gaijin is doing a valiant effort and meeting us half way. Allowing fpe to be unlocked as a second upgrade is great. Parts being essentially not needed as long as you play in a squad or near light tanks is great. But it remains unclear if the person assisting you still needs to have parts or not? I guess so? 

But best of all is the removal of rp cap. Although it was a bit hard to understand what the changes exactly imply. They say that playing twice as long provides you with twice as much rp if doing the same actions but don't they mean maybe actions per minute? 

Some clarification would be nice. As always the system tends to remain obscure, but already great if we get an increase for playing longer. 

Thank you gaijin for listening and reacting appropriately. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, LupoGuevara said:

Thanks for the answer Mr. Bulannikov, as far as I'm concerned, your initiatives seem to be a clear improvement 
but I would consider adding also the anti-aircraft to the light tank and the IFV because British and German have light tanks only at tier 6.

Either AAA as they are mostly light vehicles or the Scouts/wheeled vehicles as they are all basically fast but weak armored and this way can fulfill an important role on the battlefield out of scouting 

Or an mix out this Vehicles considering the individual weakness of the vehicles. As an ASU 57 or an M22/M24 is as sure not as weak as an BTR 152 or any of the Flaktrucks or Daimlers as example.

M16 is as example surely not on the same level as an German Wirbelwind either and shouldn't get automatically the repair function similar to an IVF. 

So they should made certain vehicles outside light tanks and IVFs able to make the same repairs but sensible chosen to not give strong earners an additional exploitable use.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Iron_physik said:

Repair a friend without parts if you're in a squad or just playing a light tank or IFV:

this is a good idea, but still puts people without a dedicated squad into a dissatvantage.

Not necessarily. I expect alot of players that are with a stock vehicle to ask for their random squad mate to stick with them for repairs. It might be tough at first, but it should be something that with time will develop and most high tier players will do. Kinda like waiting for others before capping. Not everyone does it, but the idea of promoting the good practice and getting helped in return at some point will surely spread the gesture. 

• Upvote 1

Thank-you Gaijin.  Thank-you for listening!  This will making grinding out these high level vehicles easier.  It is very rewarding to see that the developers are still listening and responding to the community!  

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Those changes sound awesome!

To be honest though, I didn't even know that there were RP caps. I thought the RP calculation already works exactly in the way, the new system is described in the video. Anyways: It seems that the new system speeds up the grind a bit, which is good news. In the higher tiers the grind becomes almost unbearable, even with a premium account.

• Upvote 1