pieve

Avia S.92 (Me-262 Czechoslovakia)

Avia S.92 (Me-262 Czechoslovakia)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. do you support this idea o Avia S.92?

• Yes. I support this Suggestion.
    • No. I dont support this Suggestion
  2. 2. How to get Avia S.92?

• as future German premium Tier-V
    • Rare Event Vehicle
    • I said no

iXaqQZ7.png  Avia S.92   

Czechoslovakia

4_1_b2.jpg

After the end of the war, the Czechoslovak air force decided to restart production of the Me-262, designated Avia S-92.

The S-92 project

Although no completed plane was available, the Czechoslovaks had at their disposal complete blueprints, some completed sub-assemblies, a wide variety of parts, the technical manuals, and most importantly the production jigs and tooling needed to build the Me-262.

In late 1945, it was decided to have Avia commence production of the Me-262, to be designated S-92. The airframe and flight controls were manufactured in kit form by Avia.

The Czechoslovak aircraft industry continued to produce single-seat variants (Avia S-92) and two-seat (Avia CS-92) Me 262 after World War II. As of August 1946, a total of nine S-92s and three CS-92s of two seats were completed and tested. They were introduced in 1947 and in 1950 they were supplied to the 5th Fighter Squadron, becoming the first fighters to serve in the Czechoslovak Air Force. These were kept flying until 1951, when they were replaced in service by Soviet fighters Mig-15.

Spoiler

stavbaaa.jpg

Spoiler

262-starboard-trailing-edge-czech-jpg.48

Project history:

Production of the first S-92 was started at the end of 1945 and ran into early 1946. After last-minute checks, Avia transferred the first S-92 to the Czechoslovak air force in June 1946. The Avia S-92 first flew on 27 September 1946, with the company’s leading test pilot Antonin Kraus at the controls. The plane crashed three days later.

Avia-S-92-01.jpg

b73c0679a1ea8aefaf2a42dcbb10b549.jpg

Czech team preparing Avia S.92  (Serial No. S-92 V-33, the second complete example and the first to enter the operational service.)

The second S-92 first flew on 24 October 1946. It was the first to enter squadron service. All of the few S-92s built were assigned to a special all-jet subunit of the Czechoslovak air force’s 5th Fighter Squadron, which was based at Kbely airbase near the capital Prague. The planes were tasked with air defense of the capital. None had radar and all were basically daylight defensive interceptors.

S92_01.jpg

The all-silver PL-01 machine with a red arrow had never been raised because it was used in the fighter pilot's training center. All other machines of this type exhibited the camouflage of a mixture of greyish green.

s92andmig15.jpg

(Avia S.92 with its replacement, the legendary MiG-15, built under license by Avia as S.102 a legend of the Cold War era.)

ERP6863bf_Avia_S_92.jpg

Spoiler

S_92_PL_01_3.jpg

Spoiler

S_92_PL_01_1.jpg

Spoiler

S_92_PL_01_2.jpg

Spoiler

e058d68443d9aa1b95d1e0608b08

Spoiler

9f73572d46c8a23eb1b616da7975

Spoiler

f7081f4e4a66bf081c2e1e7e569b

Spoiler

5be8bc614524817d59d14c16e0a1

Specifications Avia S.92:

Spoiler

Crew: 1
    Length: 10.60 m (34 ft 9 in)
    Wingspan: 12.60 m (41 ft 6 in)
    Height: 3.50m (11 ft 6 in)
    Wing area: 21.7 m² (234 ft²)
    Empty weight: 3,795 kg (8,366 lb)
    Loaded weight: 6,473 kg (14,272 lb)
    Max. takeoff weight: 7,130 kg (15,720 lb)
    Aspect ratio: 7.32
    Powerplant: 2× TRD Malesice M.04B (
The first S-92 was built at the Letňany Research Institute in 1945 with the fuselage of Avia and the dual engines of repairs in Malešice. The Junkers developed the engines like the Jumo 004, and the Czechs redesignated the engines like M-04).

Performance:

Maximum speed: 870 km/h
    Range: 1,050 km (652 mi)
    Service ceiling: 11,450 m (37,565 ft)
    Rate of climb: 1,200 m/min (At max weight of 7,130 kg) (3,900 ft/min)
    Thrust/weight: 0.28

Armament:

Guns: 4 × 30 mm MK 108 cannon

The Czechs also made OPTIONAL: 2 x 55kg OR 2 x 1,100kg conventional pumps.
24 x 55 mm air-to-ground rockets.

source:

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

The engines were also improved according to CIA files

FdtyANu.png
Also can you add an option for a international/minor axis-warsaw pact tech tree? I don't see why this should be added in the German tt or as a rare as it was put into production and served the Czechoslovakian air force.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

all for it. it'll make for a good axis/WP minors starter jet.

48 minutes ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

FdtyANu.png
Also can you add an option for a international/minor axis-warsaw pact tech tree? I don't see why this should be added in the German tt or as a rare as it was put into production and served the Czechoslovakian air force.

and this.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Okay so there's a question of what tree it should be in, but if you want it in the German tree, just make it a skin (if you want to add a German premium jet at some point, I'd prefer something a little more unique, like an Me 262 night fighter variant).  I guess you could consider adding it to the Italian tree due to their lack of starter jets (though there are other planes they could get to fill that gap like the De Havilland Vampire, which I personally think would fit best on the attacker branch ahead of the F-84).  There's also the possibility of making it a Soviet event plane, since by then Czechoslovakia was under the USSR's sphere of influence.

Edited by Z3r0_

16 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Okay so there's a question of what tree it should be in, but if you want it in the German tree, just make it a skin (if you want to add a German premium jet at some point, I'd prefer something a little more unique, like an Me 262 night fighter variant).  I guess you could consider adding it to the Italian tree due to their lack of starter jets (though there are other planes they could get to fill that gap like the De Havilland Vampire, which I personally think would fit best on the attacker branch ahead of the F-84).  There's also the possibility of making it a Soviet event plane, since by then Czechoslovakia was under the USSR's sphere of influence.

Minor Axis-Warsaw pact tt.

Italy actually has some jets that can be added the Ariete for ex. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/10/2018 at 14:59, Nell_Lucifer said:

Yes, engine durability was improved, and it gained 10km / h more

On 12/10/2018 at 14:59, Nell_Lucifer said:

I also do not see this as potential for the international tree, but I can make that your idea. 

I wouldn't mind seeing it in a minor axis TT, but not if the intention is to put it in the soviet tech tree.

22 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Z3r0_, I understood what you mean, but this is not just a skin, some modifications in it, especially in the engine and equipment in your own entartment.

This puts him as the last rare post-war unit.
putting Avia S.92 in the Italian arovere does not make any sense.

Wrong, during post-war Czechoslovakia had more influence over German aircraft than did Russians themselves.
Czechoslovakia began to have influence after the cancellation of the manufacture of Avia S.92 1954, and there really began the influence of the Russian aircraft on the Czechoslovakia

Edited by pieve

2 hours ago, pieve said:

Z3r0_, I understood what you mean, but this is not just a skin, some modifications in it, especially in the engine and equipment in your own entartment.

This puts him as the last rare post-war unit.
putting Avia S.92 in the Italian arovere does not make any sense.

Wrong, during post-war Czechoslovakia had more influence over German aircraft than did Russians themselves.
Czechoslovakia began to have influence after the cancellation of the manufacture of Avia S.92 1954, and there really began the influence of the Russian aircraft on the Czechoslovakia

I mean that Czechoslovakia was part of the Eastern Bloc (what would eventually become the Warsaw Pact) post-war, after a Communist government took power in the late 40s (seeing as English is, presumably, not your first language, it's understandable that you misinterpreted what I said).  I suggested the Italians mostly because they've been neglected heavily since being added - even the French have had more content since their addition despite being added later.

Edited by Z3r0_

7 minutes ago, Z3r0_ said:

I mean that Czechoslovakia was part of the Eastern Bloc (what would eventually become the Warsaw Pact) post-war, after a Communist government took power in the late 40s (seeing as English is, presumably, not your first language, it's understandable that you misinterpreted what I said).  I suggested the Italians mostly because they've been neglected heavily since being added - even the French have had more content since their addition despite being added later. 

It's okay, I understood what you mean

But now about the Italians, Italy has many toys to come yet