The one reason I thought the Canadian ground vehicles might be in the American tree would be to give the American some British technology that they can play, since the British have American vehicles they can use. With this logic I could see the US getting a Canadian Firefly for example.

Also, just a small clarification, while Canada was Allied with Britain, it wasn't a dominion of Britain or of the Commonwealth but a fully independent and sovereign nation, so putting Canada's vehicles in the British tree only makes sense because Canadian and British forces were usually under joint command, not because Canada was a British colony or anything like that. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Alopekethen said:

The one reason I thought the Canadian ground vehicles might be in the American tree would be to give the American some British technology that they can play, since the British have American vehicles they can use. With this logic I could see the US getting a Canadian Firefly for example.

As far as tanks go, the only fully American vehicle we have is a Sherman II isn't it? I know we have some American planes too though.

Anyway, you don't need to look for Canadian vehicles to give the Americans some British technology since they were trying out most of our stuff anyway. The US had a few Fireflies and the 6 Pounder Mk III and 57mm M1 made an appearance on quite a few prototypes IIRC.

1 hour ago, Alopekethen said:

Also, just a small clarification, while Canada was Allied with Britain, it wasn't a dominion of Britain or of the Commonwealth but a fully independent and sovereign nation, so putting Canada's vehicles in the British tree only makes sense because Canadian and British forces were usually under joint command, not because Canada was a British colony or anything like that. 

Self-governing countries within the British Commonwealth/Empire were called "Dominions" and included Canada. They were later referred to as Commonwealth "realms". I didn't mean that Canada was still a British colony by WW2 but rather that the relationship between Britain and Canada (and the other British Commonwealth nations) was more than just an Alliance of two nations like the relationship between Britain and the US.

medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

I don't understand what this topic is even about. M5A1 was added to the game when there wasn't British tank tree at all. Ram went the same way by association, and both tanks were built by Americans anyway.

The ships we're discussing now were built by British and used primarily by them. 

The Ram was built by Canadian’s, for Canadian’s, for service with the British Commonwealth forces. As for the M5A1 that’s a fair point, but you can’t just say “they’re American vehicles thus they should be in the US tree”. Just look at the:

- French M4A1

- French M10

- French Jumbo

- German M4A2 

- Russian M3 Lee

- Russian M4A2

- British M3 Grant

- British M4A1

- Japanese M4A3

These are all placed in their respective trees for similar reasons as the US vehicles in Canadian service could be in the British tree. Same goes to Australian vehicles added to the British tree. 

I’m not saying these vehicles should be moved, but future Canadian vehicles should be in the British tree. 

Edited by Jarms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

While I understand why the M5 may never be moved to don't get why the Ram was ever put in the USA tree. Canada's shared history with the UK is well known and putting their vehicles in the British tree seems more logical. 

Besides all that the Britain tree is lacking in so many potential vehicles, even the really common Lend lease things like the M3 Stuart, that I don't see why other commonwealth countries things shouldn't be added. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, Jarms said:

I’m not saying these vehicles should be moved, but future Canadian vehicles should be in the British tree. 

Pretty much this. Gaijin was way too hasty to try and grab some quick premium money from Canadians by forcing them into the American tree (despite knowing damn well the British one where they all should be was coming soon). Now they're left with the odd situation of vehicles in a tree they have no reason being in, and can't move due to them being paid vehicles.

So long as there are equivalents in the British the though, so Canadian tank fans can follow their nation's inclusions in the actual nation they were a part of fighting with through ALL the war in a dedicated place it'll be fine. But trying to make poor excuses to try and justify it being anything more than a bit of sloppiness on Gaijin's part is a bit silly, tbh.

• Upvote 2
medal

5 hours ago, magazine2 said:

Basically, he wants the M5A1 and all other Canadian vehicles in the game moved to the British tree instead of the USA one. He is not happy that Canadian vehicles are split, some on the USA tree and some on the British tree, and is asking whether the ones on the USA tree will be moved onto the British tree, since he believes they should be.

Not exactly

5 hours ago, Time4Tea said:

It's about whether future Canadian vehicles such as HMCS Haida and HMCS Brantford (the Flower-class) will continue be in the British tree? The reason being that historical and political links between Canada and Britain are far greater than the links between Canada and the US given that during WW2 Canada was a dominion of the British Commonwealth.

Basically what i mean is the above.

Will all canadian vehicles added from now on be added to the british instead of the american tech tree?

If not why not? Why split canadian armed forces into two different tech trees. We havent done this to other minor nations. We discontinue adding them to one tech tree before adding them to another. 

Romania for example we discontinued adding them to the germans and started adding them to the italian tech tree. Now any new romanian plane is part of the italian tech tree. You can still get a romanian plane (hs129 or 109) as part of a German tech tree during sales . But no more romanian planes will be added to the germans.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Alopekethen said:

I don't think they've added any new Canadian vehicles in a long time though. 

So?

When asked if canadian vehicles will be added to britan exclusively now gromviny said no. So i ask why. Thia wasent the case for romania

8 hours ago, Time4Tea said:

It's about whether future Canadian vehicles such as HMCS Haida and HMCS Brantford (the Flower-class) will continue be in the British tree? The reason being that historical and political links between Canada and Britain are far greater than the links between Canada and the US given that during WW2 Canada was a dominion of the British Commonwealth.

Understandable and the M5A1 was an American vehicle operated by Canadians much as HMCS Haida and Brantford were British vehicles operated by Canadians.

The M5A1 was built by the US but the Ram was built by the Canadians - but based on the M3 medium. If the Ram was built by the US just because it used components from an M3 you could say the same for the AC IV which is currently in the British tree.

Indeed, my hope is though that Canadian-developed vehicles and vehicles built in Britain but operated by Canada will be in the British tree while vehicles built by the US but operated by Canada will be in the US tree.

Well, there's also a Canadian fighter jet in German tree while we're at it. Point is, there is no definitive position about future of Canadian vehicles at this moment. The existing tanks won't be moved, as for the new ones, we'll see. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

Well, there's also a Canadian fighter jet in German tree while we're at it.

The differnce is that i don't care where the vehicles was built just who it served. The jet served germany. The canadian m5a1s under the 5th armoured division for example served canada not america. The sherman 2-m4a1 served britan and america, so i think its good its in both trees.

Point is, there is no definitive position about future of Canadian vehicles at this moment. The existing tanks won't be moved, as for the new ones, we'll see. 

Could we post something in the suggestions regarding the future of canadian vehicles?

Edited by SneakySausage
  • Like 1

Not sure why you didn't choose the HMCS Sackville for the Flower-class destroyer, that would have been a better choice considering the action she saw, along with being the newer variant. Plus she's still afloat right now in Halifax, NS (just down the road about 400km)

https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/museum-wharves/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, RadBaron said:

Not sure why you didn't choose the HMCS Sackville for the Flower-class destroyer, that would have been a better choice considering the action she saw, along with being the newer variant. Plus she's still afloat right now in Halifax, NS (just down the road about 400km)

https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/museum-wharves/

I guess they didn't want to make the RN tree the RCN tree, lol. 

29 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

The ship they are using now for the flower class is RCN

Yeah, so that's already two RCN ships (I think there's a third in there as well) in the RN line. Would be cooler if we got some unique Canadian decals or flags to go along with them though.