Canadian tanks namely the ram (m4a5) but also the premium m5a1 where placed in the american tech tree. But recently the HMCS Haida was announced as part of the british tech tree. Does this mean that future canadian vehicles will be added to the brits in the future. Much like how romanian vehicles will be added to Italy now instead of germany

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum section
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

Canadian tanks namely the ram (m4a5) but also the premium m5a1 where placed in the american tech tree. But recently the HMCS Haida was announced as part of the british tech tree. Does this mean that future canadian vehicles will be added to the brits in the future. Much like how romanian vehicles will be added to Italy now instead of germany

 

No

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

Canadian tanks namely the ram (m4a5) but also the premium m5a1 where placed in the american tech tree. But recently the HMCS Haida was announced as part of the british tech tree. Does this mean that future canadian vehicles will be added to the brits in the future. Much like how romanian vehicles will be added to Italy now instead of germany

 

This seams like a logical choice to me as Canada is one of the member states of the British commonwealth. 

 

If not then the question would be ....

4 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

Why this acception tho?

 

Is this a firm stance by gaijan or couls it change?

 And can we know what is the deciding factor when choosing what nations tech tree a vehicle will go in?

Knowing that would even help with making suggestions about future vehicles.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GregKjr said:

 

This seams like a logical choice to me as Canada is one of the member states of the British commonwealth. 

This is kinda irrelevant british commonwealth is just an organisation.

We could just say cmonwealth realms. The countries that share queen liz as head of state.

 

Either way canada and the Commonwealth declared war in support of the motherland and historicaly there alliegances belong there.

 

It seems strange to allow and potentially add more canadian vehicles to different tech trees

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

This is kinda irrelevant british commonwealth is just an organisation.

We could just say cmonwealth realms. The countries that share queen liz as head of state.

 

Either way canada and the Commonwealth declared war in support of the motherland and historicaly there alliegances belong there.

 

It seems strange to allow and potentially add more canadian vehicles to different tech trees

 

Right if organizationally thy are aliened in some way and the fact thy act together militarily is not sufficient to have them in the same tech tree.....

Then what is?

 

Or will we see a Canadian tech tree in the not to distant future? :dntknw:

so adding them to a different tech tree would just pose the same problems that we had with the Italians in the German tech tree?

 

caveat: I am also a firm supporter of a mach maker that segregates between NATO and nonmember states. Ie: no sabers on the Russian the cccp if you will side and no migs on the NATO side.

Edited by GregKjr
quick caveat
  • Thanks 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GregKjr said:

Right if organizationally thy are aliened in some way and the fact thy act together militarily is not sufficient to have them in the same tech tree.....

Then what is?

They do this with the usa to

10 minutes ago, GregKjr said:

 

Or will we see a Canadian tech tree in the not to distant future? :dntknw:

so adding them to a different tech tree would just pose the same problems that we had with the Italians in the German tech tree?

 

caveat: I am also a firm supporter of a mach maker that segregates between NATO and nonmember states. Ie: no sabers on the Russian the cccp if you will side and no migs on the NATO side.

Ita worth noting that the romanians where probably more with germany than italy. They are with italy in tech tree sense to help fill it....i think

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SneakySausage said:

Why this acception tho?

 

Is this a firm stance by gaijan or couls it change?

 

Haida follows the same principle as all other premium destroyers - it’s a slightly different copy of the ship in the regular tree. It being Canadian is of secondary concern. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

 

Haida follows the same principle as all other premium destroyers - it’s a slightly different copy of the ship in the regular tree. It being Canadian is of secondary concern. 

I really have to ask 

 

Considering Haida is a tribal class destroyer used by 3 navies two of which are australian  (part of uk tree else where) and British. I have to ask why didnt gaijan just use any of these slightly different versions? The secondary concern is then non warrented.

 

 

 

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

I really have to ask 

 

Considering Haida is a tribal class destroyer used by 3 navies two of which are australian  (part of uk tree else where) and British. I have to ask why didnt gaijan just use any of these slightly different versions? The secondary concern is then non warrented.

 

 

 

 

HMCS Haida is the best-known and most successful (and fightingest) Tribal. 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alopekethen said:

HMCS Haida is the best-known and most successful (and fightingest) Tribal. 

Im not sure if it is the best known just the only one preserved.

 

Its arguably not the moat fightingest. That probably belongs to one lost in combat

 

These above statements seem kinda irrelevant if we have a US tech tree anyways to place canadian vehicles

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

Im not sure if it is the best known just the only one preserved.

 

Its arguably not the moat fightingest. That probably belongs to one lost in combat

 

These above statements seem kinda irrelevant if we have a US tech tree anyways to place canadian vehicles

Not sure why you're so opposed to Canadian vehicles and recognizing Canadian contributions. 

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GregKjr said:

Right if organizationally thy are aliened in some way and the fact thy act together militarily is not sufficient to have them in the same tech tree.....

Then what is?

 

Or will we see a Canadian tech tree in the not to distant future? :dntknw:

so adding them to a different tech tree would just pose the same problems that we had with the Italians in the German tech tree?

 

caveat: I am also a firm supporter of a mach maker that segregates between NATO and nonmember states. Ie: no sabers on the Russian the cccp if you will side and no migs on the NATO side.

 

They should logically be part of the British tech tree because Canadian forces were officially part of the British Imperial and Dominion order of battle. My personal feeling about the smaller Axis nations is that there should be an 'Axis Minors' tree where the Hungarians, Romanians, Finns, etc. can have their unique vehicles in the game but as part of a functionally large enough tech tree.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Canadian vehicle announced as part of the british tech tree.

Why is gaijan continuing to split Canada between america and britan? We cant just say its a slightly different version now and for that to be okay

Spoiler


https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/429431-fleet-development-flower-class-corvette-the-convoy-guardian/


 



@gromvoiny

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

Another Canadian vehicle announced as part of the british tech tree.

Why is gaijan continuing to split Canada between america and britan? We cant just say its a slightly different version now and for that to be okay
@gromvoiny

 

Eh? Why can't we say that it's a slightly different version? It is a Flower class used by British in huge numbers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really did mis-speak as i should have said we cant say its part of a principal. As there are plenty of flower class destroyers for britan. Again taking another Canadian vehicle to fulfil a gap is rather questionable.

Perhaps you could explain why gaijan does not want canada to be part of the british? with the exception of the navy

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SneakySausage said:

Perhaps you could explain why gaijan does not want canada to be part of the british? with the exception of the navy

 

He is Gaijin.

Anyhow, Canadian vehicles in the game should be in the British tree. Maybe they are not for balance reasons?

As for a separate Canadian tech tree, no way that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, magazine2 said:

 

He is Gaijin.

Anyhow, Canadian vehicles in the game should be in the British tree. Maybe they are not for balance reasons?

As for a separate Canadian tech tree, no way that will happen.

 

I don't understand what this topic is even about. M5A1 was added to the game when there wasn't British tank tree at all. Ram went the same way by association, and both tanks were built by Americans anyway.

The ships we're discussing now were built by British and used primarily by them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

 

I don't understand what this topic is even about. M5A1 was added to the game when there wasn't British tank tree at all. Ram went the same way by association, and both tanks were built by Americans anyway.

The ships we're discussing now were built by British and used primarily by them. 

 

 

Basically, he wants the M5A1 and all other Canadian vehicles in the game moved to the British tree instead of the USA one. He is not happy that Canadian vehicles are split, some on the USA tree and some on the British tree, and is asking whether the ones on the USA tree will be moved onto the British tree, since he believes they should be.

Edited by magazine2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magazine2 said:

 

Basically, he wants the M5A1 and all other Canadian vehicles in the game moved to the British tree instead of the USA one. He is not happy that Canadian vehicles are split, some on the USA tree and some on the British tree, and is asking whether the ones on the USA tree will be moved onto the British tree, since he believes they should be.

 

Well, we aren't going to move them anywhere, I thought that's obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gromvoiny said:

 

Well, we aren't going to move them anywhere, I thought that's obvious.

 

He wants an explanation as to why they wont be moved:

 

14 hours ago, SneakySausage said:

Perhaps you could explain why gaijan does not want canada to be part of the british? with the exception of the navy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

I don't understand what this topic is even about.

It's about whether future Canadian vehicles such as HMCS Haida and HMCS Brantford (the Flower-class) will continue be in the British tree? The reason being that historical and political links between Canada and Britain are far greater than the links between Canada and the US given that during WW2 Canada was a dominion of the British Commonwealth.

 

7 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

M5A1 was added to the game when there wasn't British tank tree at all.

Understandable and the M5A1 was an American vehicle operated by Canadians much as HMCS Haida and Brantford were British vehicles operated by Canadians.

 

8 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

Ram went the same way by association, and both tanks were built by Americans anyway.

The M5A1 was built by the US but the Ram was built by the Canadians - but based on the M3 medium. If the Ram was built by the US just because it used components from an M3 you could say the same for the AC IV which is currently in the British tree.

 

12 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

The ships we're discussing now were built by British and used primarily by them.

Indeed, my hope is though that Canadian-developed vehicles and vehicles built in Britain but operated by Canada will be in the British tree while vehicles built by the US but operated by Canada will be in the US tree.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.