Jump to content

T.Flight Hotas One support added


Guest
10 minutes ago, dcfoster24 said:

Has anyone had issues with phantom control inputs on the pitch setting for the Hotas? Occasionally mine decides to act like I am pushing the stick forward while I have it in the neutral position. It even moves the mouse cursor on the hangar screen, and it makes flying a constant battle against occasional and inconsistent phantom inputs.

I've never experienced that before. I did make a mistake a few times of overlapping controls on pitch/yaw/roll when setting up my helicopter controls and plane controls and my controller has a slight drift in the right stick and I ended up constantly turning for some reason until I found the source of the problem. I didn't clear my keys before adding my HOTAS keys and had some issues there.

 

I have heard of the flight stick though on the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One occasionally having drift issues. If it is a hardware problem and not an issue with your key bindings, I would recommend tightening or loosening the tension on your flight stick. There's a dial on the bottom of the baseplate that you can adjust the tension of the flight stick and that might help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ref Phantom inputs...

 

Have you tried NOT plugging in the Hotas until WT is fully loaded?

 

I tend to start the game first using std Xbox controller and then plug in the Hotas.

 

I know other people have experienced issues around unresponsive axis’s. Though to be honest I think more recent updates have helped to fix the issue.

Good Luck

 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies. I think it’s a software issue, because the physical and logical axes don’t line up when the stick is in a neutral position when I look at the control settings, strangely, they fix themselves if I push the stick forward, but go out of wack again when I pull the stick back or try to use the roll axis. I’ll try unplugging it before startup to see if that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a request:  Can we get the option to disable the pop-up menu that keeps detecting my T.Hotas.One asking if I want to use the default settings?  I don't.  I followed RogueStarOne's advice and have it set up very similar.  It's annoying to see that pop up.  Clicking the X only makes it go away until the next time I return to the home screen.  Clicking the 'No' does the same thing.  I'm concerned that I'll accidentally click the wrong part when making it go away.  Somehow last night, while I was trying to add the look around to my XBox controller as well, I wound up accidentally resetting my stick to something else, and had to spend 30 minutes re-setting up the flight stick the way I wanted.  I have no idea what I did, and I hate that there are ways to accidentally lose your finely-tuned settings!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RFC_Maqui said:

Here's a request:  Can we get the option to disable the pop-up menu that keeps detecting my T.Hotas.One asking if I want to use the default settings?  I don't.  I followed RogueStarOne's advice and have it set up very similar.  It's annoying to see that pop up.  Clicking the X only makes it go away until the next time I return to the home screen.  Clicking the 'No' does the same thing.  I'm concerned that I'll accidentally click the wrong part when making it go away.  Somehow last night, while I was trying to add the look around to my XBox controller as well, I wound up accidentally resetting my stick to something else, and had to spend 30 minutes re-setting up the flight stick the way I wanted.  I have no idea what I did, and I hate that there are ways to accidentally lose your finely-tuned settings!

 

Dude see my post on page 1 of this thread. Rogue Star One  had similar issues with the hotas set-up reverting to defaults and it's bloody annoying! From what I can see it's not anything you're doing, as it has done this randomly to both of us. One minute you're flying with custom set up, then back to the garage it all changes to the xbox controller :zlo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 hours ago, flatslide said:

 

Dude see my post on page 1 of this thread. Rogue Star One  had similar issues with the hotas set-up reverting to defaults and it's bloody annoying! From what I can see it's not anything you're doing, as it has done this randomly to both of us. One minute you're flying with custom set up, then back to the garage it all changes to the xbox controller :zlo:

I have also had my controls randomly revert to default. Those matches played out absolutely horrible imagine playing planes and you're used to realistic controls and suddenly your throttle is on the opposite stick and you're back to pointer aim......

 

And yes that pop-up asking if I want to use default settings needs to go away it's scaring the crap out of me I've spent days plotting keys till I found something I like and with how the sensitivities and whatnot are adjusted I'd probably get myself banned in a fit of rage over the wasted time and effort at Gaijin staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DragonSouIkin said:

I have also had my controls randomly revert to default. Those matches played out absolutely horrible imagine playing planes and you're used to realistic controls and suddenly your throttle is on the opposite stick and you're back to pointer aim......

 

And yes that pop-up asking if I want to use default settings needs to go away it's scaring the crap out of me I've spent days plotting keys till I found something I like and with how the sensitivities and whatnot are adjusted I'd probably get myself banned in a fit of rage over the wasted time and effort at Gaijin staff.

 

Jai yin yin (as they say in Thailand) have a cool heart my friend. For now I think the only thing we can do is screen shot all the control set-ups and variables to your phone in case it happens again. In the meantime hope for this "fully supported controller" to have its bugs ironed out  :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Let's just hope the update doesn't reset everyone's controls like what usually happens when they make a controls update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I don't use Xbox, but about resetting controls....

On PC there is a file called machine.blk  When resets happen there will be a line in tha t file  called default "xxxxxxxxx.blk"

Don't know if you guys have a file system and can look at files or not, but if you can remove anything between the quotes and save the file it won't happen again.

Its only happened to me when I've unplugged my stick while war thunder is running.

Gl

Edited by MrBader
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 14/01/2019 at 10:59, MrBader said:

Hi,

I don't use Xbox, but about resetting controls....

On PC there is a file called machine.blk  When resets happen there will be a line in tha t file  called default "xxxxxxxxx.blk"

Don't know if you guys have a file system and can look at files or not, but if you can remove anything between the quotes and save the file it won't happen again.

Its only happened to me when I've unplugged my stick while war thunder is running.

Gl

We cannot edit anything to any file on Xbox, and doing so would be a breach of the terms of use.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that the Pop up question (reset Hotas to default) has now been removed!

 

For the last two sessions I’ve been on - I haven’t seen a hint of that dreaded question and my flight stick settings have not Yet reset to default!!!   (4/5 hr shifts multiple games)

 

I hope fellow Xbox users out there are experiencing the very same.

 

Now all we need is Sim mode and saveable control settings (preset).

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
18 hours ago, RogueStarOne said:

It seems that the Pop up question (reset Hotas to default) has now been removed!

 

For the last two sessions I’ve been on - I haven’t seen a hint of that dreaded question and my flight stick settings have not Yet reset to default!!!   (4/5 hr shifts multiple games)

 

I hope fellow Xbox users out there are experiencing the very same.

 

Now all we need is Sim mode and saveable control settings (preset).

I'm US military and on duty this weekend so when I get off tomorrow that will be so nice. It's annoying when you get three of those notices stacked up and they cover some things while browsing vehicle modifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RogueStarOne said:

It seems that the Pop up question (reset Hotas to default) has now been removed!

 

For the last two sessions I’ve been on - I haven’t seen a hint of that dreaded question and my flight stick settings have not Yet reset to default!!!   (4/5 hr shifts multiple games)

 

I hope fellow Xbox users out there are experiencing the very same.

 

Now all we need is Sim mode and saveable control settings (preset).

Good news RSO, I'll try mine again next weekend!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m often asked how my ‘rig’ is setup (do I use a table etc) - how do I balance all my input devices...

 

Well... through the cunning use of a child's chair (from Ikea -  Agam). Note how I've clamped the wireless keyboard to the back rest at the top and how the second dining room chair makes a good 'mouse mat' / mobile device stand...

The Xbox controller perches on my left leg with my headset connected to it so that I can Party chat. My legs wrap round the kids chair (to the front) with the mouse sat comfortably at my right hand - allows smooth head look and more importantly bomber crew gunning whilst allowing control movements with the stick!

WISH Gaijin could get round to developing War Thunder Assistant to the Xbox???

 

RogueStarONE-Hotas-rig01.jpg

RogueStarONE-Hotas-rig02.jpg

RogueStarONE-Hotas-rig03.jpg

 

You can tell I've got kids from how well the dining room chairs have faired from grubby kids wiping stuff into the seats!

 

 

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I went to Walmart and bought a couple small-ish folding tables for $10 each, and a pack of adhesive Velcro strips for about $4. The HOTAS separated is velcro'd to one table and is large enough to also house my keyboard, mouse, and controller. Never had a problem with the flight Stick or throttle peeling off.

 

My only complaints are the legs of the table get in the way so I can't sit back in my chair and the Xbox HOTAS doesn't separate far enough to sit the throttle on one side of the chair and flight Stick on the other so everything is in front of me and with my back hunching forward like that for too long sucks.

 

I can get pictures tonight of the Velcro setup and kind of table I'm talking about. There's no way I could imagine sitting that low and having to hunch over that far forward with those chairs.

 

Edit: Here's the pictures of how I'm set up and how I velcro my HOTAS down to the table.

KIMG0520.JPG

KIMG0521.JPG

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

There Is Now a way of saving preset control setups that enable you to switch let’s say between plane setups (stark contrasts).

 

Let’s say you have differing pitch roll yaw multiplayers and nonLinearity you can now save and Reload your own named:

 

Spitfire (slot 1) OR Gladiator (slot 2) or even Tank (slot 3) Navy (slot 4)..... etc etc

 

Xbox update enabled April 1st

 

This is gonna save us a lot of time and unnecessary pilot Error!

 

thanks for adding Gaijin!!!

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I have an issue with the controls with my Thrustmaster Hotas One. When I load into air battles such as test flights and arcade air battles, the default point of view in third person in facing from the left into the plane, not in the back. Has anyone encountered this issue? If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please PLEASE tell me.

 

Thank you

 

PS I bought my joystick the sole reason of playing War thunder :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Torpical_Fish said:

Hello, I have an issue with the controls with my Thrustmaster Hotas One. When I load into air battles such as test flights and arcade air battles, the default point of view in third person in facing from the left into the plane, not in the back. Has anyone encountered this issue? If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please PLEASE tell me.

 

Thank you

 

PS I bought my joystick the sole reason of playing War thunder :))

I've never had this problem before, could you record a clip and link it to your dvr? 

 

You could also submit a proper bug report and if it turns out to be something it could get forwarded to the devs.

 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/1452-moderated-bug-reports-xbox-one/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Phantom inputs...?

 

this is more than likely due to contact degradation in one of the rotational potentiometers!

(swivel pots / variable resistors)


In the first instance use Thrustmaster support

(2yr warranty!)

 

If your outside of warranty they are simple enough to split open and clean up any wear deposits with a cotton bud!

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

guys anyone can help me with this, I want to use the hat button to scroll on the radial menu (the one that you can pop in game and it has Engine, Weapons, Chat, etc options), I can´t find a usable way with my hotas, apparently you are obligated to use something with axis, so I tried with the pitch/roll axis but it doesnt work when I open the menu in game, my ideal would be the hat that I already use for free looking, thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...