T.Flight Hotas One (now supported on Xbox Series S|X)

Best answer

In case you missed it, it's enabled with 1.81 update. Pedals should work as well if you have them.

Please share your feedback.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, MALKAV1337 said:

As someone, who don`t own it....can this Joystick be only used for planes or also for tanks?

Why would you even try that?) It's intended for planes and choppers only, but you can try to manually assign the buttons if you really want to. 

27 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

Why would you even try that?) It's intended for planes and choppers only, but you can try to manually assign the buttons if you really want to. 

Because how else would I drive tanks and use planes in same battle? Right...with this joystick only...or with controller and joystick, which would be much harder to change during battle ;-)

5 minutes ago, RogueStarOne said:

Thank you so much for your hard work getting this sorted!

maybe us Xbox players can stop moaning about it - lol

more joystick suppport to follow? X52 etc

That's the question to joystick manufacturers, not us. They have to support XBO specific drivers, like Thrustmaster does.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

That's the question to joystick manufacturers, not us. They have to support XBO specific drivers, like Thrustmaster does.

Thanks again everyone - can’t wait to get in from work later to try it out (max excitement!!!)

seems like the manufacturer are going to have to pull their finger out!

medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

In case you missed it, it's enabled with 1.81 update. Pedals should work as well if you have them.

Please share your feedback.

Thank you so much Gromvoiny, I post me feedback at soon ;-)

It doesn’t work for me.  The game does recognize the controller now but I have no control.  

I’m able to fire guns and retract gear but cannot control the plane in any way other than this.  Pitch, yaw, and roll are all unresponsive to any input.

Got it to work.  My joystick was plugged in when the game first updated.  Pulled the connection and hard reset the console to fix it.

Here are my thoughts after a few games.  

Good:  I think it makes the flying part of the game much more enjoyable.  Aircraft control is easier and so is aiming.  I think it’s very clever to allow you to simultaneously use an xbox controller for additional options.  I’m happy with it as it is, despite the following constructive criticisms.

Bad: 1. I think situational awareness takes a hit.  The setup Gaijin developed lets you use two controllers at a time and I found it easier to map free look to the second controller than use the joystick axis.  The two controller option should be explained when you select the control setup on starting the game.  I figured it out by chance.

2. The hat switch emulates the D pad on the xbox controller instead of being your head movement controller.  I think the hat switch would be a much better view controller than sacrificing control of your plane to look around.  

I currently have my free look controls mapped to the right stick of controller 1 (xbox controller).  It helps with the problem a little bit, but it requires you to take your hands off the throttle.  This becomes even more problematic on planes with limited wep as moving back and forth between controllers generally tends to activate wep on the sensitive throttle.

3. The throttle throw that controls wep has a very, very narrow window between 100% throttle and emergency power.  I think it would be beneficial to either broaden the 100% portion of the throttle curve, or have wep activated by a button.

4.  For an unknown reason, when I track an enemy plane I’ve locked I lose the ability to control my plane.  I’m not sure why this is happening.

Overall I think it makes flying the planes much more fun, and a bit easier, than using an xbox controller.

Thanks for the update!

Edited by Guest
Constructive criticism

13 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

So Xbox has changed this since the 360 then when we could use the X52 on there and they removed support for the Saitek sticks on Xbox one?

Who do we need to Hound every day of the week? Microsoft or Saitek?  I will call them 3 times a day for a year if that's what it takes.

I mean I am assuming since Sony has multiple stick support this has to be a issue with MS then?

Sincerely, Desode

medal

VodkaFace, I have the same results with me joy, It was slow in coming but well worth waiting for.

I will add more information, if you don’t want to make a double control with the Pad, you can remap “all” the buttoms of the joy, for take your hands off the throttle all time.

I have map the look in the “old” rudder controls of the left hotas, and the brakes and WEP in the upper bottoms of this side. So I can have free the hat switch for other controls or views.

get.jpg.4869f4990584078cbb6b599e67009327

And the Flaps, AirBrake and Landing Gear in the bottoms of the screenshot.

2026820230_Sinttulo-1.jpg.0fb211b579979a

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desode said:

So Xbox has changed this since the 360 then when we could use the X52 on there and they removed support for the Saitek sticks on Xbox one?

Who do we need to Hound every day of the week? Microsoft or Saitek?  I will call them 3 times a day for a year if that's what it takes.

I mean I am assuming since Sony has multiple stick support this has to be a issue with MS then?

Sincerely, Desode

On PS4, you can just plug-in any USB joystick and it will (most of the time) work in our game. On XBO, MS has proprietary drivers and Saitek and other companies have to support them.. 

Mandra, are you assigning your throttle control to the button?  Or is there a way to still use the throttle slider for the throttle and the button for wep?

2 hours ago, VodkaFace said:

Mandra, are you assigning your throttle control to the button?  Or is there a way to still use the throttle slider for the throttle and the button for wep?

The throttle funtción normal as motor power axis, and at top fordward enable WEP  thats was the default setting, i dont have a buttom for WEP.

Is a mistake in the screenshot, sorry.

Edited by MANDRA111

After a few beers and a little bit of time I think I may have sorted out all of my criticisms.  I have the hat switch mapped to an acceptable view format, and also have the throttle rearranged.  I’ll take some photos of my control settings after I test them out in a few online rounds.

5 hours ago, VodkaFace said:

After a few beers and a little bit of time I think I may have sorted out all of my criticisms.  I have the hat switch mapped to an acceptable view format, and also have the throttle rearranged.  I’ll take some photos of my control settings after I test them out in a few online rounds.

I wait for the info, for update me config :-)

I guess I can’t upload photos from my Ipad because of the format they’re saved in.

There’s a setting on the axis control menus called relative control.  If you turn this on it changes the way the axis functions.  What it does for the throttle is cause it to behave more like the stick on an xbox controller.  The notched center position of the throttle throw will be neutral, with no change in engine output.  If you push forward past neutral, the throttle will open and eventually activate wep.  To stay at 100% throttle you bring the lever back to the neutral position.  I’m still tweaking the throw sensitivity.  I currently have mine set at 70%.

I use both extra buttons on the rear of the throttle as a way of accessing the mechanization options.  For example, stock settings for the hat switch control flaps, dive brakes, landing gear, etc.  I kept these hat switch assignments, but in order to use them I have to hold “C2:extrabutton4.”  This frees up the hat switch for view controls while I fly.

Under both x and y axis “view in battle” controls, enable relative control.  For the X axis, assign increase value to hat switch right, and decrease value to hat switch left.  For the Y axis, assign increase value to hat switch up, and decrease value to hat switch down.  Additionally, choose a button you’d like to reset the view to face forward.  I use C2:extrabutton4, which I also use for target tracking.

I’m still tweaking things to my liking, but I think this is a way more livable setup than the default stick controls.  You get the free look capability while still being able to maneuver, and you won’t burn your engine up by accidentally using wep.

Edited by Guest
IPad problems

On 20/09/2018 at 07:13, MANDRA111 said:

VodkaFace, j'ai les mêmes résultats avec moi la joie, il était lent  à venir ,  mais bien la peine d' attendre .

Je vais ajouter plus d'informations, si vous ne voulez pas faire un double contrôle avec le Pad, vous pouvez remapper «tous» les fesses de la joie, pour vous débarrasser de vos mains à tout moment.

J'ai cartographié l'apparence des «anciennes» commandes de gouvernail des hotas de gauche, ainsi que les freins et le WEP dans les parties supérieures de ce côté. Je peux donc libérer le commutateur de chapeau pour d’autres commandes ou vues.

get.jpg.4869f4990584078cbb6b599e67009327

Et les Flaps, AirBrake et Landing Gear dans les fonds de la capture d'écran.

2026820230_Sinttulo-1.jpg.0fb211b579979a

Merci pour l'info peu tu m'envoyer la config en BLK ce serai sympa de ta part.

Merci d'avance

• Like 1
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, help34 said:

For those of you that have it does it make a difference?

I would without doubt buy the Hotas ONE even though I managed to get my old Xbox360 stick to work through a converter device. 

The ability to map to more buttons is cool. The ONLY criticism I have is the digital HAT switch - I use mine for viewing looking around. The 8 point direction switching is not as smooth as I’d like but it works well enough when you use a reset view button as well.

I’m improving slowly and have even come first ONCE in RB. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

• gromvoiny changed the title to T.Flight Hotas One (now supported on Xbox Series S|X)