Stona

Major Update 1.81 "The Valkyries" - changelog

Why the Helikopter can Spawn to Beginn a Match? They kill the first Wave of Tanks instantly. Hightier is not longer playabl for not USA or Russian Vehikel. Now it's a autoleave when i see that German 9.0 play vs USA + Russian. The Helispam Kills the fun and the Balance. 

Best regards ZetiAlpha6 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, *walfreyydo said:

T9 means Tier 9 as in tanks - and you never answered my question.

Ill ask it again:

Please clarify the statement "if at least one has been researched" - at least one of what (tanks, helicopters?) Thank you.

We do not have Tier 9 in game.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skyros said:

This question has probably been asked but can's seem to find it. Will the helicopter research be reset when helicopters go from CBT to open testing/ Full release?

Thanks

No.

20 hours ago, K9PT said:

Where is the task to Heli CBT?

Check the main website.

19 hours ago, icehawk223 said:

Patch looking really solid, esp the RB point cost changes really change the game feel. More of a battle and less of a skirmish.

One question is why the high BR levels for helicopters? Mi-4AV is a 1960s machine, aka T-62 level (BR 8.3). Same for the Huey. Their BR should be somewhere in the 8.3-8.7 level to start and work from there. AA at that level is still very deadly so I dont understand the bracket reasoning. 

We do not set the BR on production date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xxkvasirxx said:

best thing on 1.81 is the aditional 250kg bombload for alll A6m5 versions... no i only have to waint for A6m2 Sen-Baku in th future :D

Just Wait For A6M6,7 And 8 )))))))

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can you please change the match making so that there are no more MIXED battles?!?!?!? There's been way too many lately. Even when there's are a lot of people in game I've been getting into a lot of mixed battles. Especially at top ranks. It's like killing yourself every game. And it's confusing. I've died a couple times because I didn't realize it was mixed and I didn't expect it to be. I'd rather wait or play a different mode than fight myself. 

medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/09/2018 at 10:43, Stona said:

New location for ground vehicle battles: “American Desert”.

This map together with layout of spawn and cap points is suited only for AB.

Please, for the future works, change the attitude towards RB/SB GF battle philosophy. Tanks are not supposed to fight inside cities. Every real city battle with tanks involved will confirm this - no matter if its Warsaw(1939), Stalingrad(1942/3), Berlin(1945) or Grozny (1994/95).

medal medal

On 19/09/2018 at 10:43, Stona said:

Interface

• It will now be possible to save your decorations and decals preset in the customization section for tanks for specific camouflages by creating your own unique preset for each aircraft or ground vehicle. Now by switching from one camouflage to another attached decals and decorations will be restored in their placement points.

is it just me or is this not working currently?

like, i cant find the button to link the presets at all.

EDIT:

ok, you can only link your layout when you have the vehicle spaded...wow.

EDIT2:
works properly for me after the last patch, who knows.

Edited by Apfelsator
medal medal

On 19/09/2018 at 06:27, Stona said:

Please count the amount of aircraft we already have on rank II-IV. 

I'm also quite disappointed that there were only 2 planes added, for Germany and Russia as well, and rather high BR.

So I counted, as far as I'm aware I'm missing 3 (event) planes. I have 642 planes (USSR 128, Germany 119, US 117, British 99, Japan 91, France 48 and Italy 40). While Russia, Germany and US are fine, Britain and Japan are ok though could use some more low/ mid BR planes as well as high BR, France and Italy definitely need more planes at every BR, with these 2 nations I actually struggle filling an entire coherent lineup at several BR ranges.

As to the update in general, not too impressed, on one hand you rushed helicopters into service, up to actual currently used models, go rather recent on tanks as well, on the other hand for whatever reason you cut jets off at somewhen during the Vietnam war. Frankly,

I was just happy with War Thunder covering a span of time from the Spanish Civil War over WW2 up to Korea.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The new vehicles look amazing as always! But please gaijin i do wish you focused more on the GFs of other nations (UK, France and Japan) 

- UK is lacking a 10.0 MBT and has too many of the same playstyle tank.

- France is lacking a 10.0 MBT and any backups 

- Japan T6 is very barren

I realise that this update was mainly about helicopters anyway and there's only so much you can add in one patch ,but USSR, USA and Germany receiving 3 GF vehicles each is disheartening to those who don't play those nations. Please consider this feedback for 1.83 

• Upvote 1
medal

On 20/09/2018 at 10:53, Conte_Baracca said:

144 SNEB rockets on the F4U-7 now firing properly is secretly the best thing about this patch.

The other best thing about this patch are the sounds.

Tank interior sounds are simply incredible.

The tank engine starting up as you finish repairs is a nice touch.

Airplanes sound sooo much better, especially when playing tank RB.  No lie I felt like I was sitting in my tank outside Fallujah watching the air strikes go in.  

The Machine guns are MUCH better.  They sound really good now.  I still feel that they sound off from the real thing from time to time, but they are the best they have ever sounded. 

Helicopters sound great EXCEPT, Hind's sound like Huey's which is not right.  They Huey's sound proper, the others need to have a better multi-blade main rotor sound.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So, after giving it a few days I have to make an compliment to the Developers.

You seriously managed to make RB GF now an Arcardish shoot em up with the Respawwn points change.

Skill based gameplay as so often used as defense from Anton has been thrown over board and it has come now down to who can faster spawn more vehicles.

Which is due the changed Respawn points even more boring then before.

No skill needed anymore in RB as in tactics, caution, team communication.

As most matches run now down to rush the cap, jump in Cas and ruin the battle.

Would seriously want an answer from Anton about where the skill is in that but I guess that is not possible as Anton can't defend this with his usual "We want the game being Skillbased."

Seems now it has been seriously come to AB, AB + next tone becoming  AB +++ will be SB, especially seeing the real good simulated Helicopter physics in SB. Makes the Game seriously an competing game on the market for kids.

• Upvote 2

Have you already implemented new sabot mechanics because APFSDS just cant bounce off... it will destroy itself instead of bounce... bouncing sabot is negating M1 design beause UFP and lower side of the turret are made to "bounce" off sabot aka destroy it.... 80% of my deaths in M1 are from bounces from UFP right to the turret.

medal

Jealousy seems to be an issue. I've had more than a few teammates shooting at my helicopter for no reason. I'm thinking the CBT needs to end soon and have helis become more available to players. Just now I was shot down TWO games in a row by a teammate. 

No mention in the note, but have AF's AAA has been nerf in Air RB ?

They no longer insta-kill stuff getting too close. Few days ago i flew circles on a 190 Jing-out and coming back again and again and again. Only some AAA where firing and their effectiveness was more or less like if i was about 3-4 km away (the newer desert map ?). Yesterday, i made a pass on a US 109 flying right over his landing strip at only few meters alt on Normandy. Only a few AAAs were firing, none hit me.

Prior 1.81, i wouldn't havd escaped AAA range on either of these cases.

I don't complain about that, just wondering if it's an intended behavior or a bug ?

Also, nice changes on the Me 410. My A-1 is taking air much more often now.

Edited by SuperDuperOtter
medal medal medal

On 23/09/2018 at 05:04, NO_DRAGON said:

So, after giving it a few days I have to make an compliment to the Developers.

You seriously managed to make RB GF now an Arcardish shoot em up with the Respawwn points change.

Skill based gameplay as so often used as defense from Anton has been thrown over board and it has come now down to who can faster spawn more vehicles.

Which is due the changed Respawn points even more boring then before.

No skill needed anymore in RB as in tactics, caution, team communication.

As most matches run now down to rush the cap, jump in Cas and ruin the battle.

Would seriously want an answer from Anton about where the skill is in that but I guess that is not possible as Anton can't defend this with his usual "We want the game being Skillbased."

Seems now it has been seriously come to AB, AB + next tone becoming  AB +++ will be SB, especially seeing the real good simulated Helicopter physics in SB. Makes the Game seriously an competing game on the market for kids.

Couldn't agree more. They've taken a mode that had a great balance of risk versus reward that needed a more level headed mind to decide when to play safe, when to take a risk. A mode where you actually had to improve your game to be able to consistently be playing instead of queuing. Apart from minor issues on some maps that made spawncamping extremely easy and maybe a bit of improvement to some maps(constantly made smaller/almost copies of eachother) and slight tweak to aircraft spawns(slight increase of SP depending on larger ordinance) it was almost a perfect game mode.

Now all you need is nametags and a slight increase of tanks speed and you almost have a direct copy of arcade. You'll find RB players left arcade for a reason. Its a lemming rush akin to twitch shooters. Where RB was more of a slower pace tactical affair where you had to earn the right to continue on. 

Now we just have 2 lemming rush modes, 1 with gokarts and nametags, 1 without.

I decided long ago i was no longer going to pay towards this game as things were progressively getting worse. Last i bought was premium time and while that was starting to run out the worst this game did was the is7 grind/US jet grind. While it was annoying it wasn't all that hard to do. 

Premium time was running(ended about 2 weeks ago) out and i was actually considering renewing it and spending cash again or whether to grind out some eagle wagers(again a long grind to get enough done).

I am honestly so glad i didn't give in and buy premium like i was considering. I held of when i heard about SP cost in dev server but figured it was just to make new vehicles more available for testing but just in case held off paying.

So glad i did hold off as i can barely be bothered to log in now.

Squadron battles is about the last semblance of the game mode left and probably the only tank battles ill be playing regularly.

I'm not going to pretend i'm talking for the player base or any group. Just my own opinion.

R.I.P - RB tanks.

A couple of weeks in and I believe the consensus is this patch has already lost its excitement.  Helicopters are difficult to play in the current Meta, as anyone who has ever actually worked with gunships could have told you.  There was a dearth of vehicles for most of the Nations.  Insufficient fixed wing aircraft.  Too many high tier vehicles.  Another paper plane (referring to the gun pods) for the Germans when the Japanese can't get a new tank because of "lack of information."  Yet another delay on the long awaited Italian Tank Tree.  Top tier Premiums that aren't nearly as good as the XM-1.  Air RB sees no fixes.  Naval battles see no fixes.  

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I had high expectations about helicopters, but honestly, I find insanely hard many issues regarding them here in War Thunder:

1 - Insanely hard the grinding time and effort the player has to put playing helicopters to achieve some progress in research.

2 - Economy is not well calculated at all, many hours grinding may lead to 200K or 300K silver lions loses with some models, even with premium account and talismans.

2 - Lack of any tutorial about how to fly and aim with helicopter weapons, like there are about planes and tanks.

3 - Missions are not enjoyable at all, too much time flying towards the targets just to get killed midair by an enemy camper, all that within just three respawns.

4 - Like some players say "maybe you should master some other helicopters game, then maybe you could get grips on this one". I consider this is not the way a great combat simulator platform, like War Thunder is, should treat their customers and/or players.

I guess we are your supporters after all, so we deserve better treatment just to enjoy your game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have problems regarding the new American map. Seems everytime the map is selected it crashes in the loading screen.

medal medal

I would like to know the SP cost of vehicles in realistic matches based on vehicle type and up tier/down tier

aka if one is top tier, 0.3 BR up tier 0.7 BR up tier, 1.0 BR up tier

thanks in advance for anyone that helps with this because i haven't been able to figure out or find the data anywhere as of yet.

medal medal medal medal medal medal