Stona

Major Update 1.81 "The Valkyries" - changelog

8 hours ago, rpsgc said:

"Replenishing balance via Steam-wallet is unavailable."

you have to go into the in-game browser to enable the steam purchase option i believe 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Positive: Another great step.  Generally good update.

Negative: However would have liked the truly awful Spit handling with joystick to be fixed ...it would be nice to be able to fly them again at some stage.

PS don't tell me its just theat they're just a bit sensitive ...there really is something wrong with the flight model.

medal medal medal

I was skeptical about helicopter battles and they turned out to be fun. RB battles with markers only appearing at short distance are great, they should be a permanent mode with slightly bigger maps and more targets spread around. Arcade is a bit of a mess, probably because there are more players buzzing around, small player numbers like 6 vs 6 seems ideal. The performance in PS4 is a bit wonky with frequent FPS drops, especially when tracers are flying around, but it's not game-breaking. BRs should probably be decompressed as well.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Stona said:

Location and mission updates

• The roads and bridges on the following locations for aircraft battles have been fully reworked: Montmedy, Tunisia, Hürtgen, Kursk. Now the bridges will be correctly connected with the borders of the roadway and additional "embankments" have been added. Also, the bridges are now more combined with the landscape.
  • In “Air superiority” missions, the size of the capture zone now depends on the BR of the battles (before the change, the zone size was equal to 7,000 metres in diameter):
    • BR 1.0-2.0 — 7.000 m.
    • BR 2.3-3.0 — 9.000 m.
    • BR 3.3-5.7 — 11.000 m.
    • BR 6.0+ — 13.000 m.

A definite move in a good detection. Hope to see more of this kind of thing.:good::good:

medal

I did not see it in the update notes, But Thank you for fixing The AMX-13 SS.11 ATGMs! They work great again!:salute:

Edited by Adapt73
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

No. And it's not possible to face 5.0 with 3.3 BR. You did something wrong :(

T9? What is T9?

I think he means BR 9.0...I think...

medal

Flew a mission in AB air, just now...I must say the sound effects of the planes flying by is pretty amazing, I also like the sounds they make when I kill them...Your sound department has make major improvements to the sound effects in air battles over the last 2 patches...Many thumbs up to them...

medal

This question has probably been asked but can's seem to find it. Will the helicopter research be reset when helicopters go from CBT to open testing/ Full release?

Thanks

medal medal

Patch looking really solid, esp the RB point cost changes really change the game feel. More of a battle and less of a skirmish.

One question is why the high BR levels for helicopters? Mi-4AV is a 1960s machine, aka T-62 level (BR 8.3). Same for the Huey. Their BR should be somewhere in the 8.3-8.7 level to start and work from there. AA at that level is still very deadly so I dont understand the bracket reasoning. 

medal medal medal

Hey guys, have a good one. I'm pretty new to the Forums, but is it possible that the M247 SPAA has no lock-on feature like the other radar SPAA's?? I'm rather confused now. And as for the proxy-fuze shells: which belt to use for that to take effect?

Otherwise i like the update so far. Choppers are quite some good fun :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Stona said:

Interface

• It will now be possible to save your decorations and decals preset in the customization section for tanks for specific camouflages by creating your own unique preset for each aircraft or ground vehicle. Now by switching from one camouflage to another attached decals and decorations will be restored in their placement points.

That was possible before the update FYI. Bit easier now with a button but still it's not a new thing.

medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Stona said:

Other

• The option to purchase Gaijin Coins through Steam Wallet has been added. Please note: purchase costs in this case will be higher than through Gaijin Store. Since we're paying revenue share to skin makers in real money, we have to make sure they get an equal amount regardless of purchase method of Gaijin Coins. So unfortunately we have to include payment systems fee (if it's bigger than 2%) into the price of Gaijn Coins

Sorry but I can't seem to find the option for steam wallet when trying to add more GJN to my balance. Where is it?

medal

Don't have tome for bugreports but I'll leave some lines here:
- MGs got a strange behaviour. when you shoot small stone walls or fences they don't crumble down like usual but they disappear instantly after being hit by the first bullet

- The model of the Me 163 shows the gun pos even if they are not mounted or even researched.

- Devblog talked of a 50/50 chanc for air or heli in AB but it is pure heli

- 120mm DM23 shows strange behaviour on certain maps e.g. the new america map. 90° flat hit in the side of a T-64/Type 90 and it just disappears on contact with the armor. Server replay checked, differs not from

what the client showed.

- Helicopter sound in Groundforces keep on going and going and gong long after the Helicopter was shot down

Nothin buglike just a thought: Helicopter add nothing to AB - they are just hovering pinatas because even if they move at full speed they are easy to hit with APFSDS and a precise hand or simpler the build in tracking function. As soon as the come into a 2,4km range they are dead. This makes the rocket helicopter obsolete. The ATGm helicopter can stay outside of 2,4km and as son as the airspace is cleared he can shoot his ATGMs from a distance were he is untouchable. This reduces his hit chances with ATGMs, but well: He got enough of them and can play deus ex machina. While every other form of CAS - besides the first 24h of the event plane - is part of the battle, ATGM helicopter with a non suicidal pilot are out of the equation. They could sit in SPGs outside of the Map and pounding the field with AT submunitions and it wouldn't feel much different for the guys on the ground.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I concur with both posts about reduced RB spawn costs. It takes out the challenge of needing to cap to get enough SPs to respawn another, which in turn significantly affects teamwork in that regard and subsequently elsewhere as well because capping as a team teaches the seed of teamwork (support teammates, repair, scout, etc). Skies are saturated with planes all the time. A favorite strategy was to take a cheap fast tank to cap, J out, respawn a plane, take out some weak targets, respawn another plane, repeat. This strategy now guarantees multiple plane respawns. It no longer represents Tank RB, it's now closer to Air RB with some tanks especially near the end of the battle on larger maps.

I suggest restoring original SP costs for the time being, while you guys work out the kinks. A few ideas. Decrease kill SP reward for players who use planes. Increase kill SP reward for players who destroy planes while playing tanks. Add SP penalty for team kills/damage, while using plane to kill/damage either team planes or team tanks, and while using tank and killing/damaging team plane.

As a side note, I want increased reward for damaged/destroyed scouted targets In RB, because scouting a target gives a significant advantage by making the target visible to teammates who would otherwise have missed it with possible detrimental consequence from that. Often a teammate will thank me for that, especially when the target was on his flank for example.

• Like 2

I‘m not sure if I like the new update. I think Heli‘s don‘t contribute much to the gameplay. They are either camping far back and snipe all groundunits or they get to close to the battle and die immediatly. 

What I do like is the reduce of Sp. Battles take longer and sometimes your team can counter the first wipe.

But it would be nice if you consider lowering repair costs now that everyone is spawning 2-4 Tanks per game. Maybe about 1/3? Is there anything being planned in near future?

medal medal medal medal

My impressions so far - a fairly "ho hum" update.

bug fixes are always welcome of course - but adding helicopters and even more modern tanks with "best guess" gun and armor performance enhances the game very little.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

T55AM's battle rating  is a joke.

You want me to believe it doesn't outclass the Cheiftain Mk5, Type 74, and AMX 30 Brenus by miles? 

It is just as good as the 9.0 cheiftain Mk10, it may lose slightly in armor profile, but wins in ammo selection.

medal medal medal medal

Spotting mechanics seem off. During game play last night, kept having enemies sneak up on my six and were within shooting range before my crew detected them. 

Fixes to old issues/bugs still not addressed. New patches are great, but each one should include a hand full of fixes/corrections, at the very least. A new drop will only compound this issue as newer bugs will now be addressed, leaving the older ones to sit even longer. 

Sound mechanics well, sound great. Good job on that aspect of the game. The skidding of tires as you land on a dirt runway are a little funny, but it adds some realism. 

medal