Stona

Major Update 1.81 "The Valkyries" - changelog

Can't wait to check out the new air RB locations.

Sad to see no news about the P108A though. The "sailor's worst nightmare" as you called it still can't damage ships larger than a landing craft with its 102mm cannon, it doesn't have the historical triple torp mount, and the shells still fire directly forward despite the cannon being angled 10 degrees down from the horizon. Oh and the crosshair goes off screen when zooming in with third-person mode.

Edited by ScottyWired
medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, Stona said:

No. And it's not possible to face 5.0 with 3.3 BR. You did something wrong :(

T9? What is T9?

Probably refers to "tier 9" which equals here probably br 9 I would assume.

After the update your game has started to make fps drops while flying chopper of jet in tanks battles while watching towards the city, did you change some graphics or just managed to break something again? As far as I know my graphic settings should be the same since I haven't touch them after update and it used to be smooth like baby butt.

medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

F4U-7 — The angle of the mounted rocket rack positions have been changed.

It took long enough, but thank you very much for that

5 hours ago, Stona said:

“CENZUB" camouflage for AMX-30B2 and AMX-30B2 BRENUS has been added.

At 8.3 and 8.7 with no stab, you still useless... but now you can do it with style.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Youda008 said:

Nothing from our wishes in this thread was implemented :crying:

Not yet, but 1.83 would be downright perfect for them to actually implement a lot of the changes. 1.81 is helicopters. 1.85 is pretty much guaranteed to be Italian Tanks based on the established pattern (1.35 GER+RU, 1.45 US, 1.55 UK, 1.65 JP, 1.75 FR, and so on). 

Thus 1.83 could be Air RB focused and be called “Rising Phoenix” as someone else suggested. The original game mode being reborn from the ashes of going on 6 years of next to no real change into something more than just a “climb & speed/turn-centric idiot-markered fighter deathmatch with tasty crumbs thrown in for nonfighters to kill and fighters to camp overtop of”.

I may have talked way too much in that thread, but that’s entirely due to two things:

1. @lastGrayAngel admitting that he’s not working on RB EC at all due to work on Sim EC sometimes and mainly map development

2. The fact that RB Air cannot have any single objective auto-winning games by itself in order to make all classes useful to some degree in every match instead of fighters 99% of the time, attackers 0.9% of the time, and bombers 0.1% of the time. The fighter deathmatch objective overrides the other two. Just as attackers killing all ground units overrides the fighters & bombers. Just as AF destruction overrides the other two objectives entirely. 

Edited by MH4UAstragon
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was wondering why did you change the camo for the p40 (Tank)?
In my opinion the previous one looks way better and i personally don't like this one at all.
Is it going to be re-added as a new camo or is it gone forever?

medal medal

why cant i have 'My Engine sound' to be set at 0?

the lowest possible setting is 20?

why?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Crikey!!!!! I guess I am the only one that noticed that you have added "trains" to the game (as an experiment). I LUV trains, and really hope to see a clip / video of what you have implemented so far. :)

• Like 1
medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

In RB ground battles, the cost of respawning ground vehicles has been reduced by half, and for reserve vehicles, has been removed altogether.

i am not sure what to take from this without being home on sunday, but i think this will lead to a lot more camping on my part. The reason being that advancing will now be rather dangerous since what you kill will most likely come back to get revenge.

Don't understand why reserves are free, they are just other 1.0 tanks and should not be treated differently.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Stona said:

The mechanics of the “commander view” has been reworked. The camera is now tied to the turret and will rotate with it.

Why was this change made when it make no sense 

A real tank commander would be able to view around using his binoculars freely while the turret stayed in one position.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Im enjoying the new update but there are some "minor" gameplay issues in Tank SB:

° Even tho helicopters  are great, they are getting obliterated in SB, literally they are sooo easy to kill that i got 4 in a few minutes.

° The AAA on the heli-ports is useless, as consequence, planes are just strafing run on helicopters, getting free and easy kills.

° Besides that, helicopters are deadly if they are left alone.

° Im disappointed because of the lack of planes in this update.

medal medal

Good lord I stand corrected. The P108A is finally a viable ground pounder. No torps, and I haven't tested if the gun hurts AI ships, but the firing angle is fixed! It's beautiful. This thing will be beastly air support for Italian tanks

31_2018-09-20_War_Thunder_-_Test_Flight.jpg

Edited by ScottyWired
medal medal medal

Annnnd no changes to the match maker for jets. Looks like axis will be dominating for a whole patch... again. And still no Mystere IV for France. Until France gets a competitive top tier jet they're going to remain as dead weight for whatever side they're on. 

medal medal medal medal

So far i didn't see much of the new update but i was excited and looking forward to the TAM. Of course first i took a glimpse at it and was shocked. Really GJ? 1300 SL for the apsfds + a T4 upgrade and this at BR9.0? 

Why should i drive the TAM? With apds as Stock, HESH(!!!!) as second and a lousy HEAT as third upgrade it will be a painfull grind. I'am really disappointed right now.

:(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• The setting “Change the rate of fire” for cannons has been added.

Could we get an clarification what this setting should change and more important for which kind of vehicles.

As it isn't as self explanatory as The Team or the Devs might have thought.

medal medal medal medal medal

All credit due, you did amazing job on heli's gaijin, congratz.

But have you considered the other nations other than ussr, usa?
Japan is lacking like always and got nothing, italy got nothing again, france and uk got 1 tank. Totalling 2 vehicles for 4 nations.
While germany, ussr, usa have joy with 11 new vehicles, excluding heli's.

Why do ussr and usa get heli's and new ground vehicles instead of them only getting heli's and the other nations new ground vehicles / air vehicles?
And some fixes like st-a incorrection that was wrong since release, bug reported many of times.
Or the new type_3_heat for japanese 57mm that still has placeholder text, the 250kg addition to the 3 a6m5's isn't really doing alot.

I may sound like whining for content of my own, but I'm really not, it's just sad to see how all focus goes to the major playerbases, and not trying to shift them. The type 90 gave a bit more shift towards a bigger japanese playerbase, but japan just gets nothing of content other than a new twin heavy fighter every other patch. And I'm happy with already that. But it's just exhausting to wait 2 patches for a smal grain of content I've been thriving for. 

Italy I may understand, speculating that this winter they're finally getting their tank tree
Uk I may understand, you're still polishing up their current cbt naval tree
But what's wrong with japan or france? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Due to the changes to SP in ground RB matches are now taking quite a bit longer than before because it has become so much easier to respawn in a proper combat vehicle. It's nice that matches have become less of a snowball where losing a few tanks in the opening minute doesn't spell "lost match" as easily anymore, but I think the RP cap should be raised to reflect those increased match times.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Stona said:

T9? What is T9?

T9 means Tier 9 as in tanks - and you never answered my question.

Ill ask it again:

4 hours ago, *walfreyydo said:

combined Realistic mode if it at least one has been researched, purchased and put in a crew slot.

Please clarify the statement "if at least one has been researched" - at least one of what (tanks, helicopters?) Thank you.

Edited by *walfreyydo

9 hours ago, Stona said:

The ability to activate automatic fire fighting, repair and anti flooding system has been added. To activate automatic activation you need to press the specified button in the action panel. Switching it on will be confirmed by displaying the letter "A" on the icons of the selected action. To deactivate the automatic mode you need to press the the action icon again

Could someone please explain where I find the "action panel?"

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal