Stona

Major Update 1.81 "The Valkyries" - changelog

I was happy for a split second when i spotted something about the Bf 109Z's weaponry in the patchlog, only to be disappointed again when it was not the missing 5th cannon that had been filed as a bugreport back in May:

The new flooding mechanic for naval sounds interesting, so far flooding was pretty much a joke, no threat at all. The helicopters are interesting to fly. I've already found one error in their behaviour where they won't fire missiles when zoomed in in 3rd person while at the same time having locked onto a target, and the cockpit camera shakes like crazy in the premium UH-1. It also says "plane will be rearmed" on the landing strip.

That aside, I'll play this patch for a few days before further comments. So far I see no glaring problems.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

59 minutes ago, Stona said:

Please count the amount of aircraft we already have on rank II-IV.

Your answer is correct and perfectly understandable if we consider the game is mature and has a story of several years.

But please kindly consider how small still are the youngest aircraft trees added last year: France and Italy.

I think is perfectly fair the wish of French and Italian supporters to have at least 1 plane in each patch.

I hope in next patch both these air tree will get some love, especially in rank II-IV and especially with home designed aircrafts.

Keep up good work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So the Leo A1A1 120mm is the same BR as the XM-1 despite being significantly less mobile, significantly less armored, having way worse turret traverse speed and having all its ammo stored in the hull where it is very easy to hit for anything while the XM-1 has storage for 25 shots in a seperate turret compartment with blowout panel. Literally the only thing it has going for it is the 120mm cannon with a bit more penetration, but personally I disagree with that this makes it equal with the XM-1. Normal A1A1 belongs at 8.7, premium at 9.0 and the XM-1 at 9.3.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

So you added helicopters, and today you mentioning that only those in cbt or who get the packs gonna play them.
You are having in cbt the naval stuff too, and you adding new vehicles.

Im waiting to see a major update without adding a single vehicle and fixing instead a plethora of bugs, like the ones i have sumbited myself and you have documented them.
The render is broken, shadows are buged as hell, detail distance is bad. modernise the game engine first and the new vehicles (among with new players) will come.
The game is going downhill.

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal

@Stona

Any reasons why the IPM1 is still at 25'000SL repair cost?

Must probably be a bug left from the dev server right?

The T-80B was released with a repair cost of 6'000SL spaded so why is there such a difference on two vehicles supposed to be equal?

please answer ._.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
medal medal

I have to say that this is probably the first ever update I am not excited about. The utter lack of low tier vehicles (zero T3 and below, one T4 aircraft) is disappointing, along with the aircraft shortage. I do not feel a sense of accomplishment unless I am unlocking and playing new vehicles. I may still get a helicopter bundle just to keep myself interested, but I am certainly not looking forward to grinding hours upon hours to unlock a new helicopter or the M1IP. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 10

Why did you removed the combined pack ( tank/Helicopter) from the store in the first day of the update ?!!! it's the best time to sell those packs , I don't want to buy them before the patch and waste the premium days and I don't want to buy Helicopters before testing them .... it's amazing how you manage mistreat your costumers and players.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Pretty straightforward new update. Rather curious as to what actual FM changes will be felt on the Me-410s as I really like those planes.

But considering that there is the active “Air Realistic Battles - Community Suggestions” thread by Smin1080p in the Air RB subforum, I was kinda hoping for more changes to help fix age-old issues in that mode. 

I guess since 1.81 is helicopter-focused and 1.85 will likely be Italian tanks, will 1.83 be called “Rising Phoenix” to finally reform Air RB into something better and more inclusive of all aircraft types? Specifically dispensing with the zero-sum win conditions where fighters, bombers, and attackers can win games entirely by themselves without any assistance from the other two groups? Because that is just stifling the mode and is limiting possible future changes to gameplay. 

If RB EC isn’t coming around permanently for awhile since lastGrayAngel is busy, then normal RB Air needs to take some nods from EC and become a “mini EC” of sorts. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BucketOfKnobs said:

Is there an application for the helicopters? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

Why are SP costs reduced for ground vehicles?

I just had a game where I was a bit too careless driving my heavy tank into battle, got killed and I could spawn right back in with a 2nd heavy tank. after I got killed in this tank without getting a kill I could spawn an SPAA too?! I mean, jeez... That kinda takes the challenge out of the game for me tbh. Being careless gets rewarded with extra spawns, I don't know...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

I am extremely disapointed that you ignored the bug report from the 1.8.1 dev server feedback on the unhistorical ammo loadout of the M1-IP and the bug report of the wrong and inconcistent armor modeling of both the M1 and M1-IP! I hope these vehicles will be patches very soon! Should you have decided against fixing the issues reported for balance reasons, you need to be way more transparent about your comunication on it, as it only looks like a blatant bias against some vehicles otherwise.

For the rest, I'm am excited about the new addition of the helicopters, please don't let unsolved issues with the tanks definitively kill my motivation for this game.

medal medal medal medal medal

Hi guys great update i have been waiting a while for this and you guys did a great job but unfortunately there is still a bug with the camera i did leave a bug report and i was hoping to be fixed in the live version. The bug is when you play with inverted Y-Axis the gunner camera is not inverted and i am not able to fly my helicopters then. This issue is also present in ground forces tank control is Y-axis inverted but when i try to free look holding down the C button it's not inverted making it very difficult to play. Can you guys please look into this thanks for your time.

medal medal medal medal

Big problem with helis.

They cant be laser ranged. They do not apear to be objects at all and all ranging goes to nothing. This is a big problem as all you do is guessing instead using what tech you have available.

helis can hover all day in one spot without punishment.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Hello,

thanks for the fixes.

Just a couple of suggestions:

• ST-A1 and ST-A2 should go down to 5.3 or 5.7. Its weakspot is twice as big now and it was never a good tank. Yes, heat-fs means you can pen a lot, but it also means you're doing no damage. All tanks you face at 6.3 can penetrate you with APHE wherever they want and kill you with one click. The reload rate is abysmal on top of that.
  • Begleitpanzer is still at 8.7(RB). Do I really need to comment on this?
Edited by Urho3000
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can we please also kill the spawncosts for SPAAs up until BR3,0 (you can alos limit the AP-Belts for the germans/russians/french per vehicle so that players shot at planes and not tanks)?

With the reduced spawncosts for tanks RB GF is swarming with planes and you can have a really hard time as groundhog.:(

I say it is good that the spawncosts are reduced to be able to field more tanks and also planes (if you ignored them in RBGF up to date) in one game but you should also reconsider a balancing factor for the planes not with higher costs but with guns.

Edited by hermiatus
medal medal

1 hour ago, Pandelas said:

So you added helicopters, and today you mentioning that only those in cbt or who get the packs gonna play them.
You are having in cbt the naval stuff too, and you adding new vehicles.

Im waiting to see a major update without adding a single vehicle and fixing instead a plethora of bugs, like the ones i have sumbited myself and you have documented them.
The render is broken, shadows are buged as hell, detail distance is bad. modernise the game engine first and the new vehicles (among with new players) will come.
The game is going downhill.

1) No. You can get access to Heli CBT via tasks.

2) We add new vehicles each updated.

3) We will never publish such major updated. Please take a time and read the whole changelog. The one where we list dozens of bug fixes.

4) If you think that you have found a graphic glitch, please submit a bug report. Game Engine is up to date.

5) No it's not, but thanks for your feedback.

1 hour ago, CyrusJackson said:

@Stona

Any reasons why the IPM1 is still at 25'000SL repair cost?

Must probably be a bug left from the dev server right?

The T-80B was released with a repair cost of 6'000SL spaded so why is there such a difference on two vehicles supposed to be equal?

please answer ._.

Dunno. You can submit your opinion related to cost when we will publish another Economy changes thread :)

1 hour ago, Raptor_i81 said:

Why did you removed the combined pack ( tank/Helicopter) from the store in the first day of the update ?!!! it's the best time to sell those packs , I don't want to buy them before the patch and waste the premium days and I don't want to buy Helicopters before testing them .... it's amazing how you manage mistreat your costumers and players.

That was a special Pre-order bundle.

• Confused 4

23 minutes ago, JBRider said:

Hi guys great update i have been waiting a while for this and you guys did a great job but unfortunately there is still a bug with the camera i did leave a bug report and i was hoping to be fixed in the live version. The bug is when you play with inverted Y-Axis the gunner camera is not inverted and i am not able to fly my helicopters then. This issue is also present in ground forces tank control is Y-axis inverted but when i try to free look holding down the C button it's not inverted making it very difficult to play. Can you guys please look into this thanks for your time.

Please submit a bug report in Technical section, thanks!

11 minutes ago, Urho3000 said:

Hello,

thanks for the fixes.

Just a couple of suggestions:

• ST-A1 and ST-A2 should go down to 5.3 or 5.7. Its weakspot is twice as big now and it was never a good tank. Yes, heat-fs means you can pen a lot, but it also means you're doing no damage. All tanks you facing at 6.3 can penetrate you with APHE wherever they want and kill you with one click. The reload rate is abysmal on top of that.
  • Begleitpanzer is still at 8.7(RB). Do I really need to comment on this?

Please wait with BR suggestion to time when we will open special thread related to this, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did matchmaking change in this patch?
Apparently me and my friend now have to face 5.0 br vehicles with our max 3.3 br lineups in RB.

Actually trying to play these matches is completely pointless.

medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Stona said:

• combined Realistic mode if it at least one has been researched, purchased and put in a crew slot.

What does that mean, "if at least one has been researched" (of what? Tanks? Helicopters?)

This statement lacks specifics.  I assume you mean that we need to have at least 1 T9 tank researched to play combined RB, is that correct?

18 minutes ago, dragony1 said:

Did matchmaking change in this patch?
Apparently me and my friend now have to face 5.0 br vehicles with our max 3.3 br lineups in RB.

Actually trying to play these matches is completely pointless.

No. And it's not possible to face 5.0 with 3.3 BR. You did something wrong :(

9 minutes ago, *walfreyydo said:

What does that mean, "if at least one has been researched" (of what? Tanks? Helicopters?)

This statement lacks specifics.  I assume you mean that we need to have at least 1 T9 tank researched to play combined RB, is that correct?

T9? What is T9?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Stona said:

No. And it's not possible to face 5.0 with 3.3 BR. You did something wrong :(

yea, you are right sorry, I did not know there was a KV 1b gift tank at br 4.0 only saw the br 5.0 one on in the tree.

See my activityBit frustrated by constantly getting uptierd with this lineup so I jumped to conclusions, my bad.

medal medal medal