WoRChylde

New here, not new to tanks

Hey, everyone who passes by here. Just downloaded WT this week and started playing, after a couple of years on another tank game. Holy cow, War Thunder has a lot going for it with all of the different game modes and mechanics.  I really like the variety of playing different types of vehicles, and ground or air, in the same battle. So, I may be here for a while. (Although I'm still not sure how/why the game asked me if I wanted to join an air battle, and put me in a Yak-1, after tooling around in my PZ II B or Pz. 38t.  Not that I'm complaining, it was very cool.)

I'm one of those old farts who has been fascinated by tanks since the 25th anniversary of WWII. Played lots of war games, and especially Micro-armor battles - 1/285th scale miniatures. This is much closer to those kinds of games than that other game whose name shall not be mentioned :)

Anyway, really liking this game so far. 

6 minutes ago, WoRChylde said:

Hey, everyone who passes by here. Just downloaded WT this week and started playing, after a couple of years on another tank game. Holy cow, War Thunder has a lot going for it with all of the different game modes and mechanics.  I really like the variety of playing different types of vehicles, and ground or air, in the same battle. So, I may be here for a while. (Although I'm still not sure how/why the game asked me if I wanted to join an air battle, and put me in a Yak-1, after tooling around in my PZ II B or Pz. 38t.  Not that I'm complaining, it was very cool.)

I'm one of those old farts who has been fascinated by tanks since the 25th anniversary of WWII. Played lots of war games, and especially Micro-armor battles - 1/285th scale miniatures. This is much closer to those kinds of games than that other game whose name shall not be mentioned :)

Anyway, really liking this game so far. 

Welcome to the forums!

(btw, don’t rush grind for the tiger like many people do, it’s a good tank but not even close to invincible)

Welcome to the game!

On 16/09/2018 at 22:10, WoRChylde said:

Although I'm still not sure how/why the game asked me if I wanted to join an air battle, and put me in a Yak-1, after tooling around in my PZ II B or Pz. 38t.

I believe you were playing ground arcade battles? In that game mode players are able to periodically spawn a limited-time aircraft if they were doing well with their tank. During this time your tank is left standing around and can be destroyed by the enemy, so after you die or your time runs out in your plane it can happen that you return to a destroyed tank and will have to spawn in another vehicle. So you should only hop into an aircraft when you are either parked in a spot that's somewhat secure or hidden, or when you think that your tank is doomed anyway.

medal medal medal medal medal

Welcome to the forums! :snowgirl:

Happy flying! :B10:

~Keebird

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

welcome 

don't rush with the grind and enjoy every plane or tank you use

even the wrost one can be a joy to play sometimes

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 16/09/2018 at 16:10, WoRChylde said:

I'm one of those old farts who has been fascinated by tanks since the 25th anniversary of WWII.

Just because you're 'over the hill' doesn't mean you can't have fun.  (I'm laughing with you, not at you...plenty of "old farts" here).

Greetings and welcome!
:snowgirl:

medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Svaryag said:

I'm new as well, but not to the tanks. I started to play it in 2015, after I watched a video with the song of Anna German.

Welcome to the forums :salute:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal