RAF_Loke

Getting a bit tired

1 hour ago, Saleen385 said:

Dude the game has turned into total Bull ****. How do you shoot a tank in the turret and get critical hits and they just turn and shoot.

Because you were slated to die, in order to feed the machine.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Saleen385 said:

Dude the game has turned into total Bull ****. How do you shoot a tank in the turret and get critical hits and they just turn and shoot. I have even shot a KV-85 in the side of the turret from under 200m with a 88mm shell from a Tiger H1 and it did nothing, I'm calling BS on that. 

It is only BS if it doesnt happen both ways...

I honestly have to admit i am now understanding a bit better why game seemed so lopsided against me...i was exposing too much and so on...

That said...sometimes i do the right thing, get the first shot on a good place...and STILL FAIL TO KILL AND THEN DIE to return fire.

HOWEVER...and this is a big however...i see the reverse sometimes...i make a mistake, my tank shrugs a shot and a get a good return shot...

I do feel i have more bad luck than good luck...but for now i am still accepting it is my mistakes and the human perception that is more sensitive to bad than good results...

9 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

It is only BS if it doesn't happen both ways...

I've been on both ends of this. My point is it does happen both ways and it shouldn't.

Edited by Saleen385
medal medal medal medal

On 15/09/2018 at 08:32, RAF_Loke said:

1. How is it possible that the enemy can be hidden behind a rock when I can't "see" him, but he can see me, and hit me low? Happen several times.

2. Often end up in a game with higher ranking tanks, why?

3. I can't damage a higher ranking tank hitting them direct in the front, but a lower ranking tank can knock me out with one shot, what the h**l is wrong with this game?

Really had hoped it had improved the 1 - 2 years I've been way from it. Sadly it has not.

Spotting in AB is horrible. You can't even tell if you've been spotted it's that bad. 

AB doesn't even have a "six sense" feature which means the spotting system is in a way worse then that other tank game. 

Edited by DaffanZ
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In Italy, I caught this on killcam once... the rock ledge over the north end of B point, apparently if you stick your muzzle in it you can shoot right through as if it wasn't there.

If a vehicle is short enough to not extend beyond the top edge of the rock, then that vehicle can get a sense of where you are by tag, and kill you without ever being exposed.

On 14/09/2018 at 18:32, RAF_Loke said:

I used to get 2-3 kills per match in tier one arcade tanks. Now im lucky if i get a couple hits before losing all 3 tanks and sent packing.  Arcade tanks is so broken.  

medal medal

^ since it looks like you are new, you were probably facing bots at first and are now out of the beginner zone.  Try taking a slower approach to the maps.  Think about where you are going and what angles you have to be worried about.  Also learn where to shoot a tank.  Many have tanks that have very bad weak spots even tier 1 tanks can pen them.  As far as spotting goes, treat ab more like rb and you will do better.  Ab spotting is not what it used to be, where every tank within so many meters was basically visible on the mini map or in your hud.  Now if you do not have line of sight, you almost never have a marker.  Sometimes, not even when you have line of sight do you get a marker.

Edited by *det1380
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/03/2019 at 13:48, *justiceslayer803 said:

This game is so full of hackers and credit card commandos that theres nothing that you can do.   Spend more and be happy.

Cheaters are really rare from my experience. Barely ever suspected anyone of cheating.. (air A/R)

Seems they are good at kicking them out rather quick too.

Where do you play?

Edited by Tidsloop
medal

3 hours ago, *justiceslayer803 said:

This game is so full of hackers

It's not. But since even I get called a cheater regularly for only killing the same player twice in a row or scoring 7+ kills in a match, I understand where this idea comes from.

What I do not understand, however, is how people are completely incapable of imagening that there might be someone out there who is simply better than them. There are potentially players with faster reflexes, a higher IQ, better knowledge of game mechanics and weak spots and better hardware / internet connection around every corner. It's something you have to deal with in a competitive game. You can only overcome that by improving things on your end. Letting your ego tell you that other players must be cheaters if they outperform you by a too large margin, is a very temporary solution to your problem ...if it can be called a solution at all. The same goes for rage-posting on forums. You should ask your self if you even enjoy this game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 30/03/2019 at 13:03, Maschinengeist said:

You should ask your self if you even enjoy this game.

I don't, anymore. I'm playing out my premium time and then dumping it like yesterday's leftovers.

All Gaijin had to do was take care of the basics, and since I made that observation in this thread the first time, they not only failed to do that, they wiped out all the carefully crafted ballistics information they'd gleaned from us 'unpaid workers' over years of bug reports, and replaced it with that god-forsaken, broken ballistics calculator. They can't make spotting work properly. They keep degrading capabilities that I had found useful or fun. "Weird Things" continue to occur... and I'm done with all of it.

17 hours ago, mfree80286 said:

I don't, anymore. I'm playing out my premium time and then dumping it like yesterday's leftovers.

All Gaijin had to do was take care of the basics, and since I made that observation in this thread the first time, they not only failed to do that, they wiped out all the carefully crafted ballistics information they'd gleaned from us 'unpaid workers' over years of bug reports, and replaced it with that god-forsaken, broken ballistics calculator. They can't make spotting work properly. They keep degrading capabilities that I had found useful or fun. "Weird Things" continue to occur... and I'm done with all of it.

Are you gonna play Minecraft...hehe:lol2:

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

Are you gonna play Minecraft...hehe:lol2:

No, but Minecraft is at least documented and has basic mechanics that work properly.

I'm still convinced War Thunder's lack of documentation is due to the dev's desire to do whatever whenever, and simply call it functional when confronted.

20 hours ago, mfree80286 said:

Very offtopic question...but you keep repeating this on several topics and i got curious...

If you are dumping WT...why running Premium to the end? And since i am asking...why still in forums?

(I left a few games already...i go to forums sometimes to see if something changed...but not everyday)

10 hours ago, mfree80286 said:

No, but Minecraft is at least documented and has basic mechanics that work properly.

I'm still convinced War Thunder's lack of documentation is due to the dev's desire to do whatever whenever, and simply call it functional when confronted.

And....

Edit: Seriously, that's your response, you're actually comparing the two...obviously you didn't get the joke

Edited by Oldtimer1955
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

If you are dumping WT...why running Premium to the end? And since i am asking...why still in forums?

Because 1) I actually paid real money for that, and 2) salt flushing to bring down my blood pressure. Don't worry about #2, self resolving soon enough.