MooOfDoom

Rptd 09/Nov/2018 You are offline please sign in

Hello, I recently bought a new computer recently and I wanted to play war thunder with my friends. The only problem is is that whenever i try to join a squad i get this message (see image). The weird thing is that whenever I am playing solo however everything works just fine. 

I was wondering if anyone can help me fix this problem.

DxDiag.txt

2018_09_13_19_31_27__14060.clog

War Thunder 9_13_2018 7_32_58 PM.png

Can you connect to other parts of the Internet with your laptop?

I could possibly be a port configuration issue.   Are you at an Educational or Commercial institution trying to connect?   If so, you may need to contact the Administrators to discuss the Port policy.  Some sites block gaming ports.

• Haha 1

Do you still have this issue?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Is the Squad person you are trying to link to using the same system as you and do they have the same access to the games.

We have seen this before when some folks try to bypass the player controls on the Events or CBT's by including someone in the Squad that doesn't have access.   Is this the case with you?

Ace_of_Tokiwadai,

Have you looked at the Pinned Topics at the beginning of the Forum?   There is a link with an explanation of what files are required and from where.

Click and read pls ^^^^^

On 23/10/2018 at 23:06, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Is the Squad person you are trying to link to using the same system as you and do they have the same access to the games.

We have seen this before when some folks try to bypass the player controls on the Events or CBT's by including someone in the Squad that doesn't have access.   Is this the case with you?

Well as i stated before with didn't happen on my old computer. I'm playing with the same people that i played with then so no there isn't someone who doesn't have access. And to answer your question about are they using the same system, yes we all are.

On 26/10/2018 at 05:15, MooOfDoom said:

Well as i stated before with didn't happen on my old computer. I'm playing with the same people that i played with then so no there isn't someone who doesn't have access. And to answer your question about are they using the same system, yes we all are.

Is this a random squad for a random battle or a particular squad(squadron) for a Tournament?

Does this happen with any Squad?  So you are currently incapable of squading up with anyone at all, or just this particular group of players that you know?

Can you try this for me please.

1. Exit the game.

2. Using File Explorer/This PC - navigate to the War Thunder directory on your computer system.

3. Locate the 'cache' sub directory in the War Thunder directory and delete it.

4. Restart War Thunder via the game Launcher.

5. Click the spanner icon in top right of screen which will open the second launcher screen.

6. Click the Check files button located on the left hand side of screen in about the middle of the page and allow game to check files and update.

7. Enter Game and re-check for issue.

8. Let me know how it goes.

On 04/11/2018 at 16:49, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Does this happen with any Squad?  So you are currently incapable of squading up with anyone at all, or just this particular group of players that you know?

Can you try this for me please.

1. Exit the game.

2. Using File Explorer/This PC - navigate to the War Thunder directory on your computer system.

3. Locate the 'cache' sub directory in the War Thunder directory and delete it.

4. Restart War Thunder via the game Launcher.

5. Click the spanner icon in top right of screen which will open the second launcher screen.

6. Click the Check files button located on the left hand side of screen in about the middle of the page and allow game to check files and update.

7. Enter Game and re-check for issue.

8. Let me know how it goes.

Yes, I am currently incapable of squading up with anyone at all, the problem starts as soon as i invite them to my squad.

Also unfortunately your steps did not fix the problem.

Thanks for that.  

Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the Developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

:salute:

Having the same issue in the past few weeks, can't even play so I have to drop it.

After reading this thread I checked my squad, it just completely bugged out, one of my friends still in the squad yet I could not kick this friend out from the team.

though Im not sure if the buggy squad system causes all of this or it just one of the affected feature.

Last time I played WT was trying out the new Navel battle on test drive mod. after that same thing as OP happening on me.

medal

Thanks Qusatina,  Can you provide your files for review.

MooOfDoom,

Dev's have asked if War Thunder is an 'exception'(Trusted software) in your Anti Virus software?

Hello!

I would like to add to this report that I used to have this exact same problem before.

Then I moved to a different location, and changed internet-provider and the problem was gone!

Which in my mind, concludes that it had to do with either firewall, port forwarding or your provider blocking something.

Hope I could help a bit.

I think somebody need to create a "Guide or FAQ" to this specific question, since it seems to happen to a lot of people from all around the world.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

HI Nightshriker,

There are multiple reasons for this type of issue.   It is best to handle each on its own merits.  It is often port or provider based. 

On 13/11/2018 at 15:23, KnightoftheAbyss said:

MooOfDoom,

Dev's have asked if War Thunder is an 'exception'(Trusted software) in your Anti Virus software?

I believe it is, i just use windows defender and everything in my firewall looks good so i don't see that as the problem.

Thanks both of you.

I will forward all that to the Developers.