deleteGTi

ZiS-6 on KV-2 penetration stats.

The realistic performance estimated from the 100mm BR-412B would be ~147mm at 0m.

The penetration of armor angled at 55° obliquity would be around 94mm. It should be able to penetrate the armor of a Panther from around 1000m if its hits the Panther directly from the front without any angle.

 

The actual penetration might be lower because of that huge HE filler so 137mm seems reasonable.

 

I've already showed how the penetration of Soviet shells is actually not that different from their obtained values so this whole "can't be directly compared" is pretty much nonsense.

The difference between 75% of the projectile behind the plate and 50% is only a matter of a few meters per seconds more.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

BR-412B

I assume you meant B-420? Wiki article does not mention BR-412B, nor is it at premium KV-2 in the tank preview.

Anw, is that stat not realistic? Changed for balancing purposes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, deleteGTi said:

 

I assume you meant B-420? Wiki article does not mention BR-412B, nor is it at premium KV-2 in the tank preview.

Anw, is that stat not realistic? Changed for balancing purposes?

I said I estimated the performance of the 107mm BR-420 from the performance of the 100mm BR-412B.

 

They don't change penetration for balance purposes. They use the values which they think are correct.

I'm not sure where they got the values for the B-420 for but most other values for Soviet tanks are from the book WW2 Ballistics which tried to convert the penetration data from other Nations to match with US tank penetration criteria. In theory a great source for penetration values but they made multiple mistakes in the book about armor penetration and one of them was that they gave Soviet shells too much penetration.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

I said I estimated the performance of the 107mm BR-420 from the performance of the 100mm BR-412B.

 

They don't change penetration for balance purposes. They use the values which they think are correct.

I'm not sure where they got the values for the B-420 for but most other values for Soviet tanks are from the book WW2 Ballistics which tried to convert the penetration data from other Nations to match with US tank penetration criteria. In theory a great source for penetration values but they made multiple mistakes in the book about armor penetration and one of them was that they gave Soviet shells too much penetration.

They absolutely change penetration for balance such as when they nerfed all APCR/HVAP almost 20% to make the APDS they had just introduced look better.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2018 at 19:56, KillaKiwi said:

The realistic performance estimated from the 100mm BR-412B would be ~147mm at 0m.

The penetration of armor angled at 55° obliquity would be around 94mm. It should be able to penetrate the armor of a Panther from around 1000m if its hits the Panther directly from the front without any angle.

 

The actual penetration might be lower because of that huge HE filler so 137mm seems reasonable.

 

Spoiler

1410427276_shot2019_03_1615_29_27.thumb.1445126335_shot2019_03_1615_29_39.thumb.1810506051_shot2019_03_1615_29_45.thumb.70925164_shot2019_03_1615_29_50.thumb.jp1080323691_shot2019_03_1615_29_51.thumb.527857039_shot2019_03_1615_30_00.thumb.j1972499754_shot2019_03_1615_30_08.thumb.949843620_shot2019_03_1615_30_14.thumb.j1899926398_shot2019_03_1615_30_20.thumb.

 

 

Hope that might help :salute:

 

 

And for the lol effect.

Spoiler

1742249193_shot2019_02_0623_20_59.thumb.

 

Edited by NO_DRAGON
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NO_DRAGON said:

Hope that might help :salute:

It's not really helping when you aim from above the tank.

Make sure the "Angle of attack" indicator has the same value as the plate itself, so 55°.

 

With the current completely made up penetration values + using nonsensical APBC slope modifiers the performance can't be expected to anything close to real life.

Edited by KillaKiwi
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KillaKiwi said:

It's not really helping when you aim from above the tank.

Make sure the "Angle of attack" indicator has the same value as the plate itself, so 55°.

 

With the current completely made up penetration values + using nonsensical APBC slope modifiers the performance can't be expected to anything close to real life.

 

The reason I varied the angle within the color change indication of pen versus non pen. So you can see the anggles it will sure, possible and not at all pen

 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NO_DRAGON said:

 

The reason I varied the angle within the color change indication of pen versus non pen. So you can see the anggles it will sure, possible and not at all pen

 

Oh my bad. I only saw the first picture and then closed the spoiler :D

Edited by KillaKiwi
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.