nutz71

Why is IS 7 near indestructible

8 hours ago, Taeblamees said:

How can we know? Where can you see the armor profile? Where can you do a protection analysis for this tank?

This. I don't know if you can still view IS-7 coupons because if not then there is no way.

medal medal

9 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

if you really believe THIS ^^ then you basically still have 0 clue where to shoot it. the IS-7 has on the front a couple more weakspots than these. the weakest one can be penetrated by guns with 170mm+ penetration... just face the facts you basically dont know a thing about this tank. 

I don't believe in weakspots on Russian tanks cause they never are reliable too shoot at I mean the Is-6 has a weakspot by the optics and I've shot it and been screwed over many times so I don't bother with it anymore I know a couple of weaknesses with the Is-7 I'm just stating the most reliable and even it isn't reliable unless you using HEATFS or Ballistic capped APHE 

indeed. 

ok it seems its still unclear for you. so i just simplify it. 

my point is i could beat you in whatever vehicle your using even with a full downtier. i can even beat you with a 6.7 vehicle. You dont have the skills to use whatever tank youre driving to its fulliest and your playstyle is just wrong in the first place. the fact that you dont know anything about the IS-7 and its weakspots proves that youre a bad player. 

Yet you don't say what the weakspots are... and what your playstyle in such a  6.7 vehicle is... so obviously you're just releasing hot air.

The facts are clear: The IS-7 is an extremely powerful tank, and most players in equal BR experience extreme difficulty countering it, while it has no great problems killing the opposition after the first shot usually bounces. Even while it on paper has weaknesses, de facto it comes down to random number generation and lucky timing in most cases. Not everything has HEAT, and even with HEAT you need to hit the right pixel on a moving target.

A game shouldn't be balanced for players who play the game for a living or have nothing else to do in life and can invest 50 hours per week into the game. Those people might be able to "be gud", but most paying customers aren't. Sitting there and berating players is just arrogance with nothing to back it up, since you don't give any real information how to "git gud".

So please tell us how to reliably kill the IS-7 say with a 6.7 T34 American heavy tank from any range, from the front or high angles? How do you reliably pen the IS-7 from the front with 120mm APDS of a Chieftain?

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, Ratbold said:

The facts are clear: The IS-7 is an extremely powerful tank, and most players in equal BR experience extreme difficulty countering it, while it has no great problems killing the opposition after the first shot usually bounces. Even while it on paper has weaknesses, de facto it comes down to random number generation and lucky timing in most cases. Not everything has HEAT, and even with HEAT you need to hit the right pixel on a moving target.

A game shouldn't be balanced for players who play the game for a living or have nothing else to do in life and can invest 50 hours per week into the game. Those people might be able to "be gud", but most paying customers aren't. Sitting there and berating players is just arrogance with nothing to back it up, since you don't give any real information how to "git gud".

So please tell us how to reliably kill the IS-7 say with a 6.7 T34 American heavy tank from any range, from the front or high angles? How do you reliably pen the IS-7 from the front with 120mm APDS of a Chieftain?

Even though the IS-7 is powerful, it has many weak spots. 

The tank's worst weakness is the left and right of the turret cheek, cupolas, and the biggest weakness of all is the back of the turret, where the ammo is stored, but for that you need to flank. If you're ever behind an IS-7, aim for the back of the turret, he'll die in 1 shot 99% of the time, from my experience. 

When I face a IS-7 in a Chieftain, Leopard 1 etc, especially with the Leo 1 I shoot his turret with HEAT-FS, and it causes many problems for him.

In general the IS-7 is a beast, but it's well balanced especially with these weak spots. I mainly faced it while using the Leopard 1, which is 7.7, and have no problem killing them since I know the weak spots. If you learnt the weak spots and studied the tank, you would find that it's not too hard to kill it.

Chieftains Mk 3:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3c05ea907a2cc8c07e014047

image.thumb.png.b7e0b5e59620b09d9d5fee4d

image.thumb.png.cd798a4ac428d39d4b087697

image.thumb.png.052117f90d3bf0d76dab3ab7

image.thumb.png.18cc19cc57ad84d35daae2f6

American T-34, 6.7. About the only place frontally it can pen, however this tank wont face the IS-7 unless you uptier it with another vehicle. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.27804c9544380bdc536d2f79

Edited by magazine2

10 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

You dont have the skills to use whatever tank youre driving to its fulliest and your playstyle is just wrong in the first place. the fact that you dont know anything about the IS-7 and its weakspots proves that youre a bad player. 

Harsh :crying:

15 hours ago, Ratbold said:

Yet you don't say what the weakspots are... and what your playstyle in such a  6.7 vehicle is... so obviously you're just releasing hot air.

Well if you cant figured it out why i dont say what the weakspots are then youre making me facepalm VERY HARD. The reason is obviously :salute:. Why should I reveal these kind of secrets to you an potential although less dangerously enemy i could met? My stats arent for show man. I earned them by eating players like you and below as breakfast.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

I earned them by eating players like you and below as breakfast.

You made me laugh so hard :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal

is-7 is the main reason i hate playing US 7.7-8.0. I regret buying T54E1 and always faced like 5-4 is-7s spam.

If i'm in type 74 or STB-1, i have more chance killing those filths.

medal medal medal medal

The only thing that made me laugh so hard is that thunderskill couldnt find your profil with your stats :)

Apparently you don't know how to type / copy&paste

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
medal medal

On 21/10/2018 at 20:00, Anju_Yuuki said:

Well if you cant figured it out why i dont say what the weakspots are then youre making me facepalm VERY HARD. The reason is obviously :salute:. Why should I reveal these kind of secrets to you an potential although less dangerously enemy i could met? My stats arent for show man. I earned them by eating players like you and below as breakfast.

In Arcade though, right? Sorry, but it turns out you are not eating Ratbold for breakfast at all because he plays RB...where there is no little cross marking where your rounds will hit, or a color indicating whether or not the round is likely to penetrate. 

Arcade poses its own unique skill challenges, but in RB and even more so in SB (due to parallax), hitting a specific  location on a tank is an order of magnitude more challenging than in AB.

So maybe take a little break from telling everyone how awesome you are, or at least come back and brag about your "marksmanship" once you've actually demonstrated the ability to aim your weapons by yourself. 

:facepalm:

• Upvote 5
medal medal

On 23/10/2018 at 08:57, CrossEyedN00b said:

Apparently you don't know how to type / copy&paste

:)

AAAAAND Apparently i dont need too since this is the forum :salute:

5 hours ago, MattS93 said:

In Arcade though, right? Sorry, but it turns out you are not eating Ratbold for breakfast at all because he plays RB...where there is no little cross marking where your rounds will hit, or a color indicating whether or not the round is likely to penetrate. 

wow... i really love these kind of guys like you. another guy who believes "all" off the AB players "NEED" to "RELY" on the "little cross marking" that turns red, yellow or green. it also shows where your shell would hit. its really to bad it doesnt show many battles/ hours ive spent in custom battles. at this point im pretty sure ive got more battles/ hours in custom than in actual battle. which are ofc in RB. :016:. thats why im so confident i could eat him for breakfast. the main reason for me not too play RB is of the nonsense economic.

but in RB and even more so in SB (due to parallax), hitting a specific  location on a tank is an order of magnitude more challenging than in AB.

you dont say m8 :facepalm::016:

or at least come back and brag about your "marksmanship" once you've actually demonstrated the ability to aim your weapons by yourself. 

how about you actually demonstrated the ability to think logically by yourself? :dntknw:. i wouldnt talk like that if i hadnt any clue how RB is like. thats just not my style. you on the other hand seems to fit this trashtalk style quite well. on the other hand im sure this is also a reason why im such a good player. ive basically spent more hours in custom battles than i actually played real battles. 

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

AAAAAND Apparently i dont need too since this is the forum :salute:

wow... i really love these kind of guys like you. another guy who believes "all" off the AB players "NEED" to "RELY" on the "little cross marking" that turns red, yellow or green. it also shows where your shell would hit. its really to bad it doesnt show many battles/ hours ive spent in custom battles. at this point im pretty sure ive got more battles/ hours in custom than in actual battle. which are ofc in RB. :016:. thats why im so confident i could eat him for breakfast. the main reason for me not too play RB is of the nonsense economic.

you dont say m8 :facepalm::016:

how about you actually demonstrated the ability to think logically by yourself? :dntknw:. i wouldnt talk like that if i hadnt any clue how RB is like. thats just not my style. you on the other hand seems to fit this trashtalk style quite well. on the other hand im sure this is also a reason why im such a good player. ive basically spent more hours in custom battles than i actually played real battles. 

Your player card says that you have 36 MINUTES of RB Custom Battle time.

shot 2018.10.25 21.03.50.jpg

Edited by MattS93
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

26 minutes ago, MattS93 said:

Your player card says that you have 36 MINUTES of RB Custom Battle time.

That's RB. They said themselves they don't really play RB. 6a66e596158b36e2ddcd4604117827c3.png

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

38 minutes ago, SlyOldSnoopy said:

That's RB. They said themselves they don't really play RB. 6a66e596158b36e2ddcd4604117827c3.png

No, she said she played a ton of custom battles in RB. I'm confused...

medal medal

1 hour ago, MattS93 said:

No, she said she played a ton of custom battles in RB. I'm confused...

Oh shoot, my bad, I see that now. Perhaps they meant AB, though that wouldn't make sense, I'm confused too.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't think the IS-7 is indestructible unless you fighting with something under-tiered and even then, you can make it work a good amount of the time. I think it viewed this way is because it's a up-armored is-3 in essence with a fast reload and better gun. is-3 tends to be bouncy, even got lucky with the 12.8cm bouncing off but its unlikely. Honestly, the only time is-7 stomps is when its played by somebody who can do good in any other vehicle, which is to be expected. It's got quite a few bits of weaknesses as well, it faces chemical rounds much more often than earlier russian heavies, the gun can struggle some-what on a up-tier because it lacks HEAT/sabot, and despite its frontal armor, (in addition to easy 1shot lower pike nose) its rear is comparatively soft. Managed to go all the way through the is-7 in a rear flank and one shot with the Vickers MBT (after it was wounded, ofc). If people play stupid, they don't last in this thing, in my is-3 I outlasted the superior is-7 simply because he drove into the enemy spawn field in italy like a Ace. That being said, it does tend to teeter on the weak-strong for its BR dynamic that can throw balance into the fritz.

medal medal

On 21/10/2018 at 10:46, magazine2 said:

Even though the IS-7 is powerful, it has many weak spots. 

The tank's worst weakness is the left and right of the turret cheek, cupolas, and the biggest weakness of all is the back of the turret, where the ammo is stored, but for that you need to flank. If you're ever behind an IS-7, aim for the back of the turret, he'll die in 1 shot 99% of the time, from my experience. 

When I face a IS-7 in a Chieftain, Leopard 1 etc, especially with the Leo 1 I shoot his turret with HEAT-FS, and it causes many problems for him.

In general the IS-7 is a beast, but it's well balanced especially with these weak spots. I mainly faced it while using the Leopard 1, which is 7.7, and have no problem killing them since I know the weak spots. If you learnt the weak spots and studied the tank, you would find that it's not too hard to kill it.

Thanks for the taking the time to put up the information and the screens. Although I still doubt that these are viable in a moving engagement from hundreds of meters of distance. Still have to hit small weakspots from the correct angle, while he has a much easier time to kill the opposition. I'll try these spots and I hope others do likewise. We'll see how that goes.

In any balance discussion, side shots and back shots are not really arguments I fear. The IS7 can flank as well or better than the tanks it meets, and they can easily find themselves in a front to front battle with it. He will try to always show the front, and there need to be tools to reliably take it out frontally, as reliably as he takes them out. This is not the case, as win rates show. So the overall conclusion is: It's OP, there is no way around it.

If there is some magic in allied tanks that provides the necessary reliability, allied teams do not make good on it. And with tens of thousands of players who play all kinds of sides it is hard to fathom that the players of Russian tanks "are just better", that's statistically very unlikely. That the IS7 is just better is much more probable. "Normal" players can just do much better in the IS6/7 by pressing the proverbial w-button and point and click, while those arrayed against them have to aim carefully and are vulnerable, and get less SL and RP for their time. That's not exactly balanced.

medal medal medal

On 25/08/2018 at 13:31, Anju_Yuuki said:

Like always its the players skill that matters. 

Player skills doesn't matter in this game only meta

In random battles individual player skill is not that decisive since you can be as good as you want if your mates are out of position you will fail no matter your skill. The "meta" is actually another term for "OP tanks in the current game mechanics and circumstances". The existence of OP tanks is not totally preventable, but does it have to be this blatant?

medal medal medal

If your having trouble taking an IS-7 out in a Chieftan of all tanks. Your next level bad. Im sorry if im harsh.

How hard is it to shoot the turret twice?. Must be really because a stabilizer and the having the near-best gun at 8.0 aint enough.

Fair enough

medal medal medal medal

'Cause its Russian.

I'm done here.