nutz71

Why is IS 7 near indestructible

Let's be honest: Problem is with putting a ridiculous prototypes in the game and trying to match them into existing BR's, among vehicles of completely different design.

In fact is7, along IS6 and IS4 and so on, are really easy to deal with.... If you've got HEAT-FS.

If you don't - they become close to invincible... In the end we have stupid rock-paper-scizors situation where for example:

Leo1easily deals with IS7. Is 7 has easy time with Centurion10, and cent has no problem dispatching leo...

Game should have stayed with T-54/Leo/Cent/Patton reality instead of throwing a million of russian fail-designs into the mix...

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 02/09/2018 at 17:20, SasquatchFox360 said:

Have you played Japan mate most of their tanks ain't effective enough too deal with Russian tanks even though they where designed too  sure you can go for a side shot but all Russian tanks tracks and fuel tanks save their a$$es no Matter how good of a shot you are and trust me I kill tanks on SIM mode at 1.5 km away but even I can't effectively deal with IS6 and IS7 I even did a test to see the most effective way to kill a pike nose xxxxxxx truth be told it's a side shot between the tracks but there is only 25/50 percent chance that you'll kill the tank during my test shooting there only sometimes killed it rest of the time I'd only kill one crew member and make the ammo disappear or red and since the recent buff of the 105mm round of the Ho-Ri it can't even effectively kill a Tiger 2 or a Ferdinand frontally when it used to be able too

If your saying the STB-1 is incapable of dealing with the IS-7....I dont even know how to respond to you.

Dont you even dare to use the HEAT-FS is expensive.

Nobody uses the APDS or the Hesh on the 105.

medal medal medal medal

On 15/09/2018 at 19:07, JStrike141 said:

so why is this thing at 8.0

To make life of players in other nations miserable. I just started grinding modifications on Leo 1. Much fun. Is 7 are slaughter machines which is clearly visible in the playstyle of the players that use them, they just trololo on the battlefield, dont bother angling, rush spawn without reservations because they know that the odds are heavily in their favor

medal medal medal

Even the HEAT-FS argument is questionable. The 105mm HEAT-FS: yes. 90mm HEAT-FS goes through the turret but has limited effect. A module and a crew member at average, so pray for killing the gunner or you are in trouble. Oh and that is the better 90mm HEAT, the one of the M46 struggles from the front and has a limited after pen effect from the sides too - ammo gets red but no ammorack explosion because it has probably to much hp. Oh and did I mention that it is probably the only tank which can eat HEAT-FS from the side like sweets if ou are hitting anything else than the turret? And yes that can happen on greater distances. 

It is often said, that it has the Jumbo effect, but actually it has the Jumbo effect³ because he Jumbo is much more limited with its gun even in downtiers and against its peers and one shot in the side from everything else than a peashooter and the jumbo is history. The IS-7 isanother world. And yes! it has one frontal weakspot: the optics. But it's laughable if people in this and other threads claim that it is "a big weakspot". One IS-7 was able to kill 3 tanks around me while I killed him with APDS through this weakspot and that took 4 shots and an IS-7 driver who made questionable decissions with target priority.
Even more funny was the advice to to just avoid the IS-7. Yes after you died the first time you know where it is an by watching the battle log you know where the second is. So just avoid capture point A and B and win the game by holding C...wait a minute. Or avoid spawning because after capturing the point it just drove to your spawn point :crazy:.

It has a gun which still works at 10.0 better than the Jumbos gun at 5.7, it is more mobile than bitish 8.7 tanks, it's armor looses value when the BR goes up but there are still a lot of tanks with less armor and not so much more mobility and still the owners of this ego-compensation vehicle arguing that it can't be 8.3 or 8.7 because it would become useless ( while the "worse T-10M sits at 8.3). Maybe the expectation level is a just a bit high here. Driving out the IS-7 is not connected with the right to do at least one or two kills before getting killed by a tank which actually is able to do so.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Gavin_Mactavish said:

If your saying the STB-1 is incapable of dealing with the IS-7....I dont even know how to respond to you.

Dont you even dare to use the HEAT-FS is expensive.

Nobody uses the APDS or the Hesh on the 105.

I meant the Ho-Ri Production which can be shot frontally by most of the tanks it faces 

1 minute ago, Gavin_Mactavish said:

The Ho-Ri production is also as fast as a light tank. Its somewhere on-par/slower than a Ru251.

Yes but what the Ru251 is lacking in Armour it makes up for in reverse speed heatfs and hesh,talisman the Ho-Ri had its ammo modified in a recent update changing the angles that it can penetrate it struggles even more too kill the Is-6 at close range now you literally have too shoot them in between the tracks. Before the update the tank was 7.0 material but now its become 6.7 it can't go fast in reverse anymore 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

Yes but what the Ru251 is lacking in Armour it makes up for in reverse speed heatfs and hesh,talisman the Ho-Ri had its ammo modified in a recent update changing the angles that it can penetrate it struggles even more too kill the Is-6 at close range now you literally have too shoot them in between the tracks. Before the update the tank was 7.0 material but now its become 6.7 it can't go fast in reverse anymore 

I dont have the Ho-Ri so...Grain of salt pls (:.

The Ho-ri is a competitve tank. The shells indeed lack verses anything soviet but guess what, so does literally every other APHE.

How does it do vs USA, Ger, UK?

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Gavin_Mactavish said:

I dont have the Ho-Ri so...Grain of salt pls (:.

The Ho-ri is a competitve tank. The shells indeed lack verses anything soviet but guess what, so does literally every other APHE.

How does it do vs USA, Ger, UK?

It no longer can penatrated a tiger 2 frontally at close range which it barely did it.

It can't kill a Ferdinand frontally it really struggles killing British tanks at range it struggles with killing American tanks aswell you lucky if you ever see the side of half of the mentioned nations and cause of the degree of Penn change its become more difficult to get kills at 7.0 I used to be able to get 5 to 7 kills .

But now I'm lucky if I get 5 or more kills cause it means I've seen alot of side armour also I keep getting uptiered so I've decided too stop using it as it's pretty much useless at 7.7 upward.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

It no longer can penatrated a tiger 2 frontally at close range which it barely did it.

What are you on about?.

The 234mm APHE can reliably penetrate the 185mm cheek of the Tiger2h.

11 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

It can't kill a Ferdinand frontally

These are the areas you can reliably-ish

penetrate.

Desktop_181011_2213_1.jpg.2ef1dda3478005

13 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

But now I'm lucky if I get 5 or more kills cause it means I've seen alot of side armour also I keep getting uptiered so I've decided too stop using it as it's pretty much useless at 7.7 upward.

Thats typical powerkreep syndrome.

Wonder why the jagdtigers useless nowadays? 

medal medal medal medal

What are you on about?.

The 234mm APHE can reliably penetrate the 185mm cheek of the Tiger2h.

These are the areas you can reliably-ish

penetrate.

Desktop_181011_2213_1.jpg.2ef1dda3478005

Thats typical powerkreep syndrome.

Wonder why the jagdtigers useless nowadays? 

Yh I've shot at those and they always give a hit marker or it must be RNG i feel like the tank shouldn't be at 7.0 anymore cause it doesn't perform aswell as did before it used to perform like a 7.0 tank but now it performs like 6.7

• Upvote 1

@Gavin_Mactavish have you ever played this tank cause I've grinded it till it was spaded I've seen it go from a tank that accelerated fast had a great shell performance too a tank that got made slower and lost its fast reverse speed,shell performance decreased aswell making my 6.3 and 6.7 HeatFS totting tanks better with less armour

Edited by SasquatchFox360

I have nearly got my first rank 5 Japanese tank personally I feel that people actually willing too grind Japan without premium are some of the most selfless individuals in this game as it's still one of the most difficult nations too grind the tanks perform badly stock and when they get their upgrades they become more easier I'm not including the American tanks for what I'm saying

I dont see them often on the battlefield.

I could be wrong.

Guess the Ho-Ri really got powercreeped. Hows the expermental version?

I don't know cause I don't own any of the premium vehicles of Japan I grinded my way to the top without premium or talismans aswell and it's tough

The IS-7 is like wtf. I'm stock grinding new T-54s and I drove all the way around the map to flank an IS-7. My 240mm round couldn't even penetrates its side. I had to shoot for the extreme bottom hull with shells bouncing off the road wheels to boot. I have never seen any other tank at this battle rating except for the maus with this much armor protection all around.

On 24/08/2018 at 15:34, DarsVader said:

indestructible you say? only comment I can give is LOL! Get yourself in RU251 (or any other heat-fs firing tank) at any range and blast it wherever, whenever, however you want. Not to mention the IS7's horrible mobility (mobility is not straight line speed), you can run circles around it with any semi decent medium or light tank. -3 depression is one of the worst in the game as well, so as long you are slightly below it it cant even touch you. 

Other option is to get yourself into M103, load AP and shoot its turret.... KABOOM baby!!! ;-) 

And JPz 4-5 before Leopard 1. However, these are the only options in lower BRs for germany. RU is a premium and 4-5 doesn't even have a turret. Not to mention complete lack of mobility on other tanks, even on the Panther line, compared to other nations on similar BRs.

All those here who say there are no problems with the IS7 BR because their tank can kill him are diverting the true objective of this discussion. The point is not whether the "X" tank or the "ATGM X" can kill it. The point is if this tank is in an incorrect BR. And the answer is: yes, it is in an incorrect BR.

Just to cite 3 examples:

IS7 is better than T-10M (8.3)
IS7 is better than T-62 (8.3)
IS7 is better than Chieftain Mk3 (8.3)

All the tanks mentioned are BR 8.3. Therefore, IS7 is material 8.7 BR.

• Like 1
medal medal

On 19/10/2018 at 01:01, DarkHearth said:

The point is if this tank is in an incorrect BR. And the answer is: yes, it is in an incorrect BR.

the correct answer is: NO its fine at its current BR. the only reason why it steamrolls people are mainly 1. because its driven by a guy with beyond average stats and he knows what hes doing and 2. the enemy has 0 clue where to shoot it. also keep in mind there are also newbies in that tank. 

Every vehicle ingame doesnt drive/fly itself. its the players skill which matters. 

All the tanks mentioned are BR 8.3. Therefore, IS7 is material 8.7 BR.

claiming this is like asking gaijin to make 2 diffrent matchmakers 1. for the better players like me and the 2. one for worse players like you. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

the enemy has 0 clue where to shoot it. also keep in mind there are also newbies in that tank

Every time I've faced a Is-7 it's been a **** show Japanese tanks struggle you can only shoot at it with heat the Ho-Ri Production is only able too shoot the IS7 in the side and chances of a penatration is slim to none I tested it in tank polygon and had one match where I killed a Is-7 that way but now it's become expensive too try countering tanks with Japan the Ho-Ri Production is a 6.7 tank in its current state with a plain aphe round and slow reverse speed

4 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

Japanese tanks struggle you can only shoot at it with heat the Ho-Ri Production is only able too shoot the IS7 in the side and chances of a penatration is slim to none

if you really believe THIS ^^ then you basically still have 0 clue where to shoot it. the IS-7 has on the front a couple more weakspots than these. the weakest one can be penetrated by guns with 170mm+ penetration... just face the facts you basically dont know a thing about this tank. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

if you really believe THIS ^^ then you basically still have 0 clue where to shoot it. the IS-7 has on the front a couple more weakspots than these. the weakest one can be penetrated by guns with 170mm+ penetration... just face the facts you basically dont know a thing about this tank. 

How can we know? Where can you see the armor profile? Where can you do a protection analysis for this tank?

• Like 1

Therefore, IS7 is material 8.7 BR

u´re just saying that cause u aint got an IS-7. drive one and ull get to know what pain and frustration is.

It can´t pen anything at that BR. It´s pen and shell are its weakness, just like IS-4, IS-3, T-10m and so on. Just shoot its barrel first and ure fine. 

Edited by r3dSk0rp10n
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

Every vehicle ingame doesnt drive/fly itself. its the players skill which matters. 

Of course, the vehicle is not driven alone and is piloted by a player. We are both in agreement.

55 minutes ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

the only reason why it steamrolls people are mainly 1. because its driven by a guy with beyond average stats and he knows what hes doing and 2. the enemy has 0 clue where to shoot it. also keep in mind there are also newbies in that tank. 

I understand His argument here is that the performance of a vehicle (the instrument) has no impact on the battlefield; everything depends on the skills of the player.

Therefore, for you this is correct:

1) Player A: drives a Tiger II 105.
2) Player B: drive an IS7.

We face both players on the same battlefield 100 times.

In the event that player A loses 80/100 matches, you would refer to A as "a bad player", since, according to you "every vehicle ingame does not drive / fly itself. its the players skill which matters".

Edited by DarkHearth
medal medal

7 minutes ago, DarkHearth said:

everything depends on the skills of the player.

indeed. 

7 minutes ago, DarkHearth said:

Therefore, for you this is correct:

1) Player A: drives a Tiger II 105.
2) Player B: drive an IS7.

We face both players on the same battlefield 100 times.

In the event that player A loses 80/100 matches, you would refer to A as "a bad player", since, according to you "every vehicle ingame does not drive / fly itself"

ok it seems its still unclear for you. so i just simplify it. 

my point is i could beat you in whatever vehicle your using even with a full downtier. i can even beat you with a 6.7 vehicle. You dont have the skills to use whatever tank youre driving to its fulliest and your playstyle is just wrong in the first place. the fact that you dont know anything about the IS-7 and its weakspots proves that youre a bad player. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1